Mysterious Purple on HL2?!

M

magdag

Right,now that i got your attention i have this problem: I'm actually able to run the game. now the only problem is that the figures and other objects (barrels,papers) are colored in purple,while the rest (walls,floor etc) are fine.
what the heck is this and is there a way to fix it?
my system specs are:
Celeron 2.4 ghz
256 ram
Leadtek winfast a180b 64mb

it's a shitty graphic card but still...any ideas?
:dozey:

are you runing the game past your graphic hardware settings. reduces textures to min and see if it happens, details to min

I have this problem aswell, and according to steam, there's nothing wrong with my .gcf files. And I don't want to reduce my texture details, cause at low everything looks so crappy :/

specs:
AMD XP 2100+
768mb DDRAM (333mhz)
ASUS RADEON 9600XT 128mb (Using latest catalyst drivers)

I had no trouble running Doom3/Far Cry, I don't see why I get trouble now all of the sudden :/

#4 Have u got the beta 4.12 catalyst drivers?

I dont know if this will help but i'll give you my input anyway. I get this problem with the purple graphics too but only when i run the counter strike video stess test two times in a row. It will always look fine the first time, but the second time i run it i get the purple shading around all the graphics. The only way i've found to get rid of it is to exit out the game and restart. Like i said i dont know if this will help you at all, just thought i'd chime in.

For me I had to redownload the textures pack file. Took a while (i think its over 1gig) but fixed it for me.

Meteor_of_War said:
I dont know if this will help but i'll give you my input anyway. I get this problem with the purple graphics too but only when i run the counter strike video stess test two times in a row. It will always look fine the first time, but the second time i run it i get the purple shading around all the graphics. The only way i've found to get rid of it is to exit out the game and restart. Like i said i dont know if this will help you at all, just thought i'd chime in.
yes this is what i be getting on cs-source

but also now with beta drivers i get texture problems in the arm and hand . and on the hostages clothes. i ctrl-alt-del and then back in the game and it was gone. strange. is this some memory leakage

also in half life 2 i had this problem playing the game . the monitor switches off , the computer locks and have to reset. only happens in half life 2 never ever happened before , only with half life 2

is it a purple-black checker pattern? If so that meant the textures were missing in HL1...

If someone else has a similar system but no problems, then maybe their combination of drivers is the one to have.

Anyone with a somewhat similar system like this:
AMD XP 2100+
768mb DDRAM (333mhz)
ASUS RADEON 9600XT 128mb (Using latest catalyst drivers)
And doesn't have this problem? in that case, what drivers are you using??

Krofinzki said:
I have validated my files 3 times now.. Still same error. Doesn't anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?

Some pics: http://geocities.com/i0xox0i/hl2pics/index.html

Ahh, that's not the same problem i was talking about. That looks sort of like graphic artifacts you'd get from an over-heated video card. Are you overclocking at all? If so try underclocking to stock speeds. And make sure you have enough airflow and ventilation going through your case.

i just made a thread about my prob didnt see this, i have the purple and black checker thing in hl2dm but the thing is when i higher the settings it goes?? i think i still see some purple in windows tho but if it was my card then why dont i get this in hl2 singler player??

Try this, it worked for my buddy... delete the source models.gcf file, my friend did that & it redownloaded the models/textures and works just fine now.

Meteor_of_War said:
Ahh, that's not the same problem i was talking about. That looks sort of like graphic artifacts you'd get from an over-heated video card. Are you overclocking at all? If so try underclocking to stock speeds. And make sure you have enough airflow and ventilation going through your case.

I'm not overclocking anything in my pc, and I have 7 fans with a steady airflow, nothing is overheated at all in my pc.
Thanks for the suggestion thoe :)

Back