Natasha's slowing effect

chimpmunk

Tank
Reaction score
So I got the update, farmed the achievements and got Natasha but I fail to notice my enemies being slowed down when I shoot them, is it that the update is a little buggy or is it just that the "slow" effect is really subtle?

As far as I can tell, they are slowed down to a crawl for about as long as it takes for them to go "ow".

As far as I can tell, they are slowed down to a crawl for about as long as it takes for them to go "ow".
I find that too. Not really long enough to get them slowed down at all.

kinda off topic but since u mentioned it. where the hell do you farm?

I was ambushed by a heavy carrying natascha around a corner and tried to retreat but I was moving slower and failed to get away. I think I was playing soldier or medic, it might depend on class speed.

not sure, wouldnt be too hard to find out though.

Ubered enemies get knocked back by explosions, sentries, and the Pyro's airburst, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

If they're airborne, it stops them in their tracks.

It works. I can't gauge its effectiveness personally because I'm finding it to be a slow, tedious process to acquire any of the unlockables when all my teams consist of 8+ heavies with no medics.

But it's noticeable on the receiving end. I had heavies taking potshots at me across large areas in dustbowl and gravelpit, going from cover to cover, and they'd slow me down for half a second before I could reach safety. It seems you need to keep your fire focused for it to be of any significant effect. You won't be able to "slow spam" whole areas of enemies. It's more a way of keeping your targets from running out of your aim, rather than inflicting some crippling debuff. IMO it's a pretty well-made and balanced weapon. And the sound... that lovely sound it makes...

Can't wait to finally try it. :(

It does sound beautiful. I think they should swap the sounds, natascha doesn't sound like 3/4 damage, it sounds like soul-eating.

It definately slows enemies down, very useful against Scout's and Pyro's. For the most part though with so many other Heavy's around it's best to stick to Sasha since Natascha does less damage.

It works. I can't gauge its effectiveness personally because I'm finding it to be a slow, tedious process to acquire any of the unlockables when all my teams consist of 8+ heavies with no medics.
I managed to get the 22 achievements needed for all 3 unlocks with a couple of large playing sessions yesterday. Standing ontop of the cart is a great way to get ones like, Factory Worker, Permanent Revolution, Heavy Industry and Pushkin the Kart. With so many Heavy's about ones like, Soviet Union, Vanguard Party and Spyalectical Materialism are easier.

Kinda sucks, but I guess focused-fire Natachas might render Ubers entirely useless.

Oh, do Natacha effects stack? Anybody know?

/thread title...

does not happen.

It doesn't seem to work that well, I can't spot any difference in movement speed although I'm sure there is some.

As for Natascha effects stacking, I don't think they do.

Many a time Natascha's slowing effect has been the reason I've died.

For a Spy, if they catch you, it's total hell. Otherwise, I'm getting more backstabs per life than ever

I've experienced them working today when I was hit with her bullets. Its kinda like the push-back a sentry has on you; when the bullet hits you slow down for that split second then carry on your way.

Back