Navy SEALS or British SAS?

ailevation

Don't toke Sour Diesel
Reaction score
:cheers: I'm doing a persuasive on which one is better, what do you guys think?

Neither one is better then the other.

Each has their strong points and weak points.

This thread has potential to turn into many different "comparison" threads.. here are a few common ones that show up in such topics:

US vs UK
Source vs Unreal 3
Munro vs God
Half Life 1 vs Half Life 2
Half Life 2 vs Doom 3 vs Farcry

And all because you started a thread asking such a silly question. Sheesh.

The UK SAS are the better, the UK SBS are the best.

Razor said:
The UK SAS are the better, the UK SBS are the best.

I can see you have excellent reasoning and facts to back this up.

This thread is headed straight for the hall of fame, keep em comin guys.

:cheers: Oh ye, i forgot to mention, can you guys give like reasons why which one you think is better? Preferably the most valid reasons why.

Teh seals are better because they kick more ass! lololol

That's a good valid reason.

navy seals is bettur 'cuz thur red-bluhdded corn-fed amuricans!!!! yyyeeeeeehhhhaaaaahhh!!!! :farmer:

From what i have been told, there was a load of wargames between the sas and the navy seals and the sas won 4 out of the 5 times. I can't find any links for it though. The SBS though are considered better as they have to go through Royal Marine training before even getting close to getting the sbs badge and their training is the toughest in the world when compared with other non-special forces groups.

Plus we have Short Recoil who could single-handedly take out 260,000,000 Americans no matter what their training with his bare hands, all at once. :)

Navy Seals, they don't wear underwear.

Besides CIA > all

SAS, they're more EXTREME

the navy seals are better becuz they have more games for the ps2

LOL! :D

But seriously, judging from that "SAS: Are You Tough Enough?" show i say the navy seals are better trained, unless the SAS show is just some load of crap just made to look crappily for entertainment.

My dad could've been a SEAL but he couldn't swim well enough. Guess it's good he didn't because I wouldn't be here.

Psh, SAS are the better of the two ;)

"The most famous mission of the war, known as Bravo Two Zero, was popularised by books written by two participants in the mission. Their accounts describe an eight-man SAS patrol cut off deep in Iraq during a scud-busting raid. Discovered by the Iraqis, they supposedly fought their way to the border over a distance of 120 miles, killing 250 Iraqi soldiers along the way. Four were captured after running out of ammunition, three were KIA, and one managed to escape to Syria."

Wikipedia SAS Article

Kind of an unfair question because you never really hear about many of the missions either of these groups accomplish.

Polish GROM, yeah baby, all the way, pwns y00 :thumbs:

I can tell you that the Russian Spetznaz actually reminds me of the CT in Counter-Strike, which don't mind shooting through some hostages in order to kill the enemy.

watch Hunting Chris Ryan.

One SAS member vs 2 SEALs, a para, and another dude who's past I can't remmeber.

Basically he powned them so hard in the first 2 eps they made the missions impossible for him to complete, gave the hunters an entire task force and made Ryans escape route a huge pink Microlight, and they STILL couldn't stop him from getting onto the microlight.

Thus SAS is 'ard

However SBS, my grandad on his death bed confessed to being part of the SBS during WW2.

the SAS show is just some load of crap just made to look crappily for entertainment.

Hit the nail on the head.

I'm not really part of the international special forces community, but the SAS have the best reputation.

Sulkdodds said:
I'm not really part of the international special forces community

Why the hell not?

*jondy chews on wild rabbit*

Foxtrot said:
Navy Seals, they don't wear underwear.

Besides CIA > all
Yay! The CIA! They're great and they so never f*ck up! Yay!
CIA< Common sense

Kangy said:
Psh, SAS are the better of the two ;)

"The most famous mission of the war, known as Bravo Two Zero, was popularised by books written by two participants in the mission. Their accounts describe an eight-man SAS patrol cut off deep in Iraq during a scud-busting raid. Discovered by the Iraqis, they supposedly fought their way to the border over a distance of 120 miles, killing 250 Iraqi soldiers along the way. Four were captured after running out of ammunition, three were KIA, and one managed to escape to Syria."

Wikipedia SAS Article

I watched a programme on BBC 2 where a was guy retracing the steps of the bravo two zero squad. He interviewed people who lived where it supposedly all happened, and there were some statements from ex-SAS people (just text mind).

The conclusion was, that although it was an excellent story, the numbers dead and what actually happened has been twisted out of proportion.

But the SAS would eat your ball for breakfast. And they wouldn't use milk. They would use BEER LOLZ

Murray_H said:
But the SAS would eat your ball for breakfast. And they wouldn't use milk. They would use BEER LOLZ

Lol. I totally wanna see that hunting chris ryan show, is it an american thing?

i don't think you can compare the SAS to the SEALs. I think it would be SAS to the d-boys(delta), which the american version was modeled after their British counterparts. I doubt there is very much difference between the two, but if i had to pick one it would be the older organization, hence SAS.

Its gotta be the SAS theyre just the most superior trained and best serivice in the world. Plus theyre British so they dont fire at / shoot down / attack their own allies!!!

The reports of famous things the SAS did beat the ones of the SEALs (quantity wise)

And as far as I personally think the SAS is the more experienced staff.

Good idea, ask a predominantly British forum whether or not the SAS is better than a SEAL. Unbias answers for sure.

wouldn't the better comparison be SAS - delta force and SBS - Navy SEALS team 6
that respects their terran and aqua backgrounds respectively

you guys are forgeting the one unit that is truly the best in the world

The Canadian Joint Task Force 2 (JTF2)

you will find no combat statistics on them little info they do not play war games seeing as they are a top secret Military Orginization

I belive someone actually wrote a book on them but if the info is accurate or not is unknown the book is called something like

canadas secret commandos The Unauthorized Story of Joint Task Force Two

Glo-Boy said:
Good idea, ask a predominantly British forum whether or not the SAS is better than a SEAL. Unbias answers for sure.

Are you accusing the British members of this forum of being liars and biased? We British people are as honest as they come.

By the way, the German GSG 9 won this year's law enforcement contest in the USA :p

el Chi said:
Yay! The CIA! They're great and they so never f*ck up! Yay!
CIA< Common sense
The SAS never **** up either! yay!

Back