need help deleted saved map

jmjneary

Reaction score
ok i accitently deleted my map was very upset and i was wondering if anyone knew some map decompilers because i still have the .bsp version so i was wondering if there were any that worked very well

if this doesnt i am just gonna move on to a full blown map not a easy one cause i was almost done and it was my first real map like not fy or aim map

just go to your recycling bin and drag it out :|

or use some recovering utilities

do you still have your .VMX?? If you do, rename it to name.VMF and it should be a good save.

Give it a try. It's helped me out many a time :)

Timech

no i accedently deleted the folder i kept the maps in and that was a while ago and i hadnt worked on the map since about 1/2 weeks ago and i clean our recycle bin like every 2 days so no .vmf or .vmt

I know you don't want to hear this...

Oh dear.

But hope is not lost. Search for a file recovery tool on google and maybe you can get it back!

Well for future reference you're best off to send a copy of your beta map to a friend who you trust, so that if you accidently throw your maps folder away (idiot) or otherwise remove your maps you can always get it from your friend.

...or just burn your maps 'n stuff to cd or dvd... or use good old diskettes... :p

Uh, a 1.44 mb diskette for ... a 5+mb map? (Any good map is around or above that size anyway).

wow that sucks man.. well I cant say anything that hasent already been said.. accept for you could just do your best to remake it. If its that important to you. and if its not that important to you then start a new one.
-
Dead-Inside said:
Uh, a 1.44 mb diskette for ... a 5+mb map? (Any good map is around or above that size anyway).
I have a 700 mb avalible on a cd to burn so you can burn it on a cd like that. I have yet to see a map 700+ mb...

Dead-Inside said:

That was only joke, but you could split it into diskette-size files... (i think winZip could split large files to fit diskette)

filesnoop is a program that can chek the whole hd it could be still on youre hd but when you delete a file instead of destoying the magnetic charge it just sais that it can be overwritten so there might be a chance you can still recover it

Backup, backup, backup.

For important things such as this, you must back up your data to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Every day (or so) I back up my important files to the CDRW. You never know when that next crash will happen, or when installing new hardware you need to re-install OS....

Back