Need some help.

DiSTuRbEd

Reaction score
Trying to install Quake 3 on my gaming pc, heres the catch, need to install it on the F:\ drive not C:\. For some reason when you can choose the path to install, it won't pop-up the F drive at all. I've already installed 2 games onto that drive so I know it works. If anyone knows a possible solution/able to help me, I'd appreciate it.

You might have to go into the game's INI file to make it detect the F drive. Otherwize..it's hard to tell. maybe try some tech forums elsewhere.

Install it to C:\, move the folder over to F:\ and fix the shortcuts. Thats how I did it with 5+ of my games with my old computer when I got a new hard drive. Re-installing them wasn't needed.

Dumb Dude said:
Install it to C:\, move the folder over to F:\ and fix the shortcuts. Thats how I did it with 5+ of my games with my old computer when I got a new hard drive. Re-installing them wasn't needed.
Doesn't work for all games since alot require registry entries.

Quake III should cope with that though.

furiousV said:
Doesn't work for all games since alot require registry entries.

This is what concerned me, I was just going to install to C and move it to F, but I didn't know if it would be affected via registry entries.

Back