Need your opinions.

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting the comp listed below, and i want to know what you guys think of it. Anything there i could get thats better than that? (dont go there with the sound card, im not buying an overpriced audigy2). Just your overall opinion would be appriciated as well. Tell me if you think I'll be set for a few years with it, you know, yada yada, give me a good idea on what ya think. Your opinions are very much appriciated.

*Intel Pentium 4 / 3.0CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB Processor
*1024mb PC3200 DDR Ram
*ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB DVI/TV 8X AGP
*Turtle Beach Voyetra Santa Cruz 6-Speaker DSP Audio Accelerator Sound Card
*80 gig Hard Drive
*Intel Pentium 4 (800 FSB) Micro ATX Motherboard with 8X AGP slot/3x PCI Slots
*400 Watt Power Supply w/ Dual Smart Fans
*CD-ROM 52X EIDE CDROM Drive
*Lite On 16x DVD 48x CD-Rom
*Windows XP Professional

Looks good. but why spend the extra for a 3.0 ghz chi[ when you can get a 2.8 for about $50-70 less?

800 fsb, and...well...200 mhz faster :-p

personally i think that proc is wayyyy over priced, but a good one none the doubt. youd definitly be fine with a 400w psu...but i dont know, im getting a 450 its not that much more.

Looks like a pretty good system, get it :)

If you want, you should hold off 'till Sept to make the purchase, the price of those components may go down.

You'll be building this yourself?

If you get that you have to get me one

ridic= im spending enough money as it is :)
jager=yes im building it myself, annnd ill be waiting for another 6 weeks or so anyway.
spud=give me $1300 and ill get u the exact same system, thats how much its costing me :)

Just wondering...
Are you buying the exact same comp that you already have ?

Originally posted by guinny
actually he does, we bought and built our comps together and we agreed to get the exact same hardware. we're both running (im not getting into everything, too long)

3.0ghz p4 800FSB
ati radeon 9800 pro 128 and his geforce fx 5900
1024mb PC3200 DDR400 ram
(from the gf fx 5900 post)

:cheers:

Hmmm....might this be what I fear it is?

im buying another pc incase ur getting any ideas

CD-ROM 52X EIDE CDROM Drive
dump this and buy a CDRW burner..pretty standard equipment today. FOr backup sakes (of basic data) alone it is worth it. Not to mention custom Cds movies, copying, etc.

I'm actually at 90% full on my 120Gb drive--but I have lots of CDs to press--been lazy. But 80 should be good for most. Watch prices since Intel is releasing a 3.2ghz chip now. May push down cost a little.

Originally posted by deepers
Why do you need a 400W power supply? it seems like a lot
You can never have too much. Heh, 400 Watts and above is my recommendation.

No, you have to get me one for free, that how it works

well, if spud gets one, I'm sure one coming my way is somewhere in the deal there :p

ok im taking orders now.....u get this pc for one dollar (and your soul for tax)

*REAL CASE (BLACK) 3G READY Tooless ATX Mid Tower Case with 400watt Power Supply
*Samsung SW-252BENB 52x24x52 Black CDRW Bulk
*Samsung 16X DVD Drive (BLACK)
*WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE
*Apacer 1024MB DDR PC3200 RAM 32X8 MOSEL Original Chipset
*Intel Pentium 4 (800 FSB) Micro ATX Motherboard
*Intel Pentium 4 / 3.0CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB Processor
*Turtle Beach Voyetra Santa Cruz 6-Speaker DSP Audio Accelerator Sound Card
*ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB DVI/TV 8X AGP Video Card

Or Damn, you mean I've got to change my Pounds (which are worht something) to worthless dollars (which ain't other here), You can't have my soul though, I sold it for a dounut a while back...
oh well, looks like i'm out of the deal then.. ;(

Most of that $1300 will go toward 2 things:

1) Intel name
2) privelege of buying the latest/greatest

IMHO the only time you'll notice a difference of a decent system now is when you benchmark. But hey, if you have the money to burn... go for it.

Back