Neil Manke updated his site

mr_natural48

Reaction score
It has been a long time since Neil Manke has updated his site and for anyone who is a fan of his work will be very pleased with what he had to say.

With Half-Life 2's release now imminent, I have been receiving a lot of mail lately asking whether Black Widow Games will be doing a game project using Valve's Source engine. The answer is, "we'd love to, and it's something we'll be seriously considering". Hopefully, we'll be posting some good news in the near future concerning this matter ...in the meantime have fun playing HL2!
I know alot of people were wanting to know if he was going to continue his work on HL2, that's why I posted it.

For those who don't know who Neil Manke is, he made a couple of fantastic single player mods for HL1, They Hunger and (my personal favourite) USS Darkstar.

http://www.planethalflife.com/manke/

I for one am very excited to see what he can come up with.

That guy knows how to make decent single player maps on a low budget, id love to see what they could do with a new engine.

Yeaaah. Manke is one of the best designers of all time; *cough*USS Darkstar sequel/remake please Mr. Manke*cough*.

I'm getting good at this choking communication thing.

The guy is a mapping legend. Definitely a good thing.

mr_natural48 said:
It has been a long time since Neil Manke has updated his site and for anyone who is a fan of his work will be very pleased with what he had to say.

I know alot of people were wanting to know if he was going to continue his work on HL2, that's why I posted it.

For those who don't know who Neil Manke is, he made a couple of fantastic single player mods for HL1, They Hunger and (my personal favourite) USS Darkstar.

http://www.planethalflife.com/manke/

I for one am very excited to see what he can come up with.

Man, I remember playing Manke's levels for Quake. And the HL ones, too. I think he's a bit overrated. They Hunger was pretty scary, though, which is always an achievement.

To be honest, I found Darkstar far greater an achievement than the They Hunger series. Manke did so much with just the existing Half-Life content (and extra sounds, admittedly)- that's not to say that I didn't enjoy the TH trilogy, of course.

Back