net_graph lies? (Or the scoretab)

S

soda

Hi.
I think I've made a real mess out of my CS: S. :\
A few hours ago a guy told me to write cl_cmdrate 1 in the console to get lower ping, and I did ofcurse.
Now I got a problem, my net_graph tells me a higher ping then the scoreboard and vice vers.

Anyone knows what to do? I've tried cl_cmdrate 0 but it didn't help.

Here's a screen:
de_dust20000.jpg

well thats not too bad, I mean something worse couldve happened

I was ironic. Yeah, I'm glad something more worse didn't happend but this is realy annoying.

well this guy is clearly an idiot. try this

cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101

NUDGEr.......clearly......clearly....dude.....PWNED!!!111111111

soda said:
Nudger - My saver, thanks mate! :) I owe you one.

Glad to help :thumbs: Next time don't follow people's advice!

One thing I would do is turn off any Anti Aliasing you have on to up those FPS.

can we just be friends or something cause I think you don't really like me....prophet of pwnage...!!!111

It's not that I don't like you, it's just you're spamming, and it's very irritating when people need help with their CS. I can understand you want to have fun and that's good, but please try to keep your posting in moderation.

As said in cs_office "Spamming : What you can't do in quality make up for in quantity"

Nudger said:
Glad to help :thumbs: Next time don't follow people's advice!

One thing I would do is turn off any Anti Aliasing you have on to up those FPS.
No, won't do again. :)
About my fps, it's better then that. :) I just had like five programs running at the same time. :) But I'll try to turn of aa. Is there any console command for that?

cl_cmdrate 1 is actually a net code 'cheat', it makes you extremely hard to hit and is considered extremely lame.

I use cl_cmdrate 80 and cl_update 40 and it gives me a low ping and great bullet reg.

Turning off AA is easy - go into the CS: S menu, video, set AntiAliasing to 0x

cl_cmdrate 80 and cl_updaterate 40 are a bit low I'd say. 101 and 101 are the CPL standard ones.

Nudger said:
cl_cmdrate 80 and cl_updaterate 40 are a bit low I'd say. 101 and 101 are the CPL standard ones.

That's because they play on a LAN. A LAN is a small network with usually 100mbit of bandwith to the server. :p
In contrast most internetters only have about 512kbit to 6mbit, and uploading is usually a lot slower.

If you game on the internet, you'll want to put cl_cmdrate at half your frames per second(FPS), and up your rate until you have loss, and then up your cl_updaterate until you have choke.

On a healthy 2mbit connection, you should have it somewhere around his settings (although i'd suggest a lower cl_cmdrate)

so let me get this streght is cl_cmdrate 80 and cl_update 40 any good for net play and do i need to put these into the console every time i start the game?

what would be proper setting for my connection?
I have 12Mb d/l and 1Mb u/l

TrippyG said:
what would be proper setting for my connection?
I have 12Mb d/l and 1Mb u/l

my god, thats nice, what do you pay for that?

Element Alpha said:
That's because they play on a LAN. A LAN is a small network with usually 100mbit of bandwith to the server. :p
In contrast most internetters only have about 512kbit to 6mbit, and uploading is usually a lot slower.

If you game on the internet, you'll want to put cl_cmdrate at half your frames per second(FPS), and up your rate until you have loss, and then up your cl_updaterate until you have choke.

On a healthy 2mbit connection, you should have it somewhere around his settings (although i'd suggest a lower cl_cmdrate)
I'm confused by cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate and rate commands. Element alpha suggests cmdrate at half FPS etc, whilst others suggest 101. Now, no matter what I set any of these to I don't seem to get choke or loss!!! I only have a 1MBit connection, not some uber fast one! The console does accept the commands, but little or nothing happens. I had a little stutter with some settings, but as I say , no change to loss/choke. Most odd.

Soda - How did you get your net_graph positioned in the lower center portion of your screen like that? Mine is lower-left and cuts off the loss and choke portions so I can't read them.

net_pos 2 i think. You can see it in the dropdown in the console.

Back