New Achievements for TF2 - Starting with 36 Medic ones!

Operational

Reaction score
Just loaded up Steam and was greeted with this (sorry its an image I don't know the address for it).

tf2medicachpq0.gif

Great news as far as I'm concerned, I really enjoyed the current achievements for TF2 and 36 more for one class is going to be great. If they have that many for each class combined with the 16 already there it makes 340 achievements :eek:. Other classes might not get that much, but it still adds up to a lot.

"House Call" might have something to do with responding to cries for healing.
"Hypocritical Oath" probably has something to do with killing spies.
I have no idea what "Chief of Staff" might be.
"Infernal Medicine" looks like it has something to do with healing people who are on fire.

Something tells me that there will be a lot more medics around after they release this ;)

Valve releasing these "class packs" appears to me like an extremely bad idea.

Class stacking is bad enough as it is, don't need extra incentive :/

EDIT: That said, I'm still excited for more achievements :)

It will be intereting to see if this actually makes more people play as medics. Also it will be interesting to see if it makes medics heal more than just one heavy! I personally approve, especially because I tend to play a medic quite a bit. And more achievements is only a good thing.

Class stacking is bad enough as it is, don't need extra incentive :/

Most likely they're being released in order from least used class to most used class to promote other classes too than just the most straightforward, more highly scoreboard-padding ones.

I just hope there aren't sniper achievements...

I don't mind sniper achievments - most players don't play the sniper properly, just hang around some balcony or other, so let's start with 20 defenses as sniper, and 20 captures.

Throw in also 5 intelligence captures.

- - -

Engineer: mobilize 10 miles of teleporting distance.

Scout: kill 50 heavies

All classes: protect 20 medics (killing enemy that attacked medic)

- - -

More ideas?

Achievements are cool, but retro-add them to HL2 and Ep1! And change for HDR lighting while you're at it! And add the Harder than Hard mode!

hypocritical oath is probably healing enemy spys disguised as your own team.

Scout: kill 50 heavies
I think I'm at least halfway to getting that achievement. With no Medic, Heavies stand little chance against an ambushing Scout. Just remember not to use the bat, I got about 6 hits on a Heavy with the bat being a little cocky and he still took me down.

The great thing about achievments, is that they can be used to teach newer players the more advanced tactics, things like, Demoman - Take out 10 sentry-guns with sticky bombs, Launch yourself 300 feet, or whatever, or Scout - Capture the intel within the first minute of 2fort, or somthing like that.

Doing each class one by one is ok aslong as they release the packs fairly quickly, if we are stuck with 36 medics for the next 6 weeks or somthing, it could make things a little med happy, hehe.

hypocritical oath is probably healing enemy spys disguised as your own team.

Probably - heal them up then knock 'em down.
And I have a feeling the Chief of Staff achievement has something to do with being one of the MVPs, or at most the top one.

I thought of that but it doesn't make much sense, achievements should be something you want to do.

When I seen the image of the 'hypocritical oath'... I thought it may be a good idea to add another ability to the medic. For example, if the medic suddenly realizes he's healing an enemy spy, he can send a poisonous charge into his body killing him instantly.

Would certainly make more people want to go medics if it means that have an insta kill for spies.

I can only imagine such an ability being spammed as a precaution, negating the trick (medic healing a spy) almost entirely.

The Hypocritical one might mean healinging someone who has like 10 health left.

I think the Hypocritical Oath could just be killing enemy spies.

...I thought it may be a good idea to add another ability to the medic. For example, if the medic suddenly realizes he's healing an enemy spy, he can send a poisonous charge into his body killing him instantly...

Love that idea!

And I always though it would be nice to be able to use the health beam as well to suck health from enemy classes.

cheers
magu

Love that idea!

And I always though it would be nice to be able to use the health beam as well to suck health from enemy classes.

cheers
magu

Yes, lets make the Medic a combat class as well as a support class.

Wait, what?

...I thought it may be a good idea to add another ability to the medic. For example, if the medic suddenly realizes he's healing an enemy spy, he can send a poisonous charge into his body killing him instantly...
That would change medics into Spy-Checkers wouldn't it? And we alredy have Pyros.

Well they're gonna have to do something. I don't think adding achievements is going to work. On a 12vs12 server over this weekend, you were lucky if you had ONE medic. And you always hear people complaining that there are no medics but never seem to switch themselves.

Eh. I was playing 12v12 2fort, both teams had two medics. I don't think they're that rare. Problem's probably going to be in the other direction - there'll be teams full of medics, all trying to get the achievements. We'll see how it plays out, I guess.

Well they're gonna have to do something. I don't think adding achievements is going to work. On a 12vs12 server over this weekend, you were lucky if you had ONE medic. And you always hear people complaining that there are no medics but never seem to switch themselves.

I hate when the lower ranking people don't want to switch. The #1 and #2 scorers should be the ones getting the support to give the team the best chance. If you aren't #1 or #2 and your team needs a medic, switch! Don't want to be a medic? Start scoring more and faster! Plus if you are the only medic, chances are good you are going to rocket up the scoreboard fairly quickly.

That would change medics into Spy-Checkers wouldn't it? And we alredy have Pyros.

What about you start healing a spy, then the spy attacks or something, and loses his disguise, showing his true colors. ONLY THEN can you use the "spy killer beam" or something...

What about you start healing a spy, then the spy attacks or something, and loses his disguise, showing his true colors. ONLY THEN can you use the "spy killer beam" or something...
No way. That would break the amazingness that is an accidentally-uber'd spy. :D

No way. That would break the amazingness that is an accidentally-uber'd spy. :D

Nah! It's not an instant poison thing....newb medics can still uber a spy and call it good, it's just they may have to "Use" the spy to poison him or something...

I think the pic of the spy with the head just still attached one will be one where you know the spy is a spy and will lure him into a false centre of security, believing he has tricked you, then you get close to him and ram him in the back with the bonesaw, Pissing him off

Killing someone with critical hits? hypodermic needle + critical hits? I don't know. I always play medic but haven't paid much attention to achievements. It seems like I'm usually the only medic on a team, but that's fine - three+ seems like too many when I've wound up on a team like that.

Spies... they bother me only because their kills seem so cheap. They're as legit as any other, but the fact that they're invariably backstabs really make me feel good when I discover and kill one.

does anyone know when the new achievements are being added?

i hope sooner rather than later cause Medic is one of my fav classes!

I'm hoping soon too, I really should know better but I was expecting them to come about a week after the announcement on Steam.

I don't know why they didn't just wait to announce them the day they were added. It's not like it's a game-changing amazing addition that's going to get everyones' panties in a bunch. There's really no need to build anticipation for achievements.

What exactly is the point of these "achievements"? Is your character upgraded or something?

No; they're basically just little award-ribbon-style things you get for completing particular in-game objectives. Literally, "achievements" - the entire point is that you get a record showing that you did something-or-other.

^ And how can the other players see that one has an achievement?

Back