new combine ideas

I got it for $20 on ebay because the user misspelled Half-Life. :D

I has no scanners thoughs.

I heard this idea somewhere that I thought was awesome. An invisible enemy that you have to throw paint cans to see

I'd love to see some vortigaunt synth technology...
or antlion synth technology...
or controller synths...
or alien grunt synths........................

RACE X SYNTHS
ADRIAN SHEPARD SYNTHS!
G-MAN SYNTHS! ABJADFHLKASJDHFLKJAH

Ya, I think they stopped making them a while ago. The book has become a collectors items now.

just a random thought.

I think valve shouldn't really concern itself with problems like "if we insert another enemy, we shouldd provide an explanation on why the combine didn't use them before".

it's just a game, I think they should insert whatever new enemy they see fit to the game play and the world.

Personally, beside new enemies I would like to see some improvement in the behavior of standard combine soldiers. They should be more challenging at hard, they should be more aggressive, and you should fight larger squad of them (2-3 more combine soldiers per encounter should be enough). Also, maybe give them some new gadgedts. Like rpg toting soldiers, energy riot shields, and so on

just a random thought.

I think valve shouldn't really concern itself with problems like "if we insert another enemy, we shouldd provide an explanation on why the combine didn't use them before".

it's just a game, I think they should insert whatever new enemy they see fit to the game play and the world.

Personally, beside new enemies I would like to see some improvement in the behavior of standard combine soldiers. They should be more challenging at hard, they should be more aggressive, and you should fight larger squad of them (2-3 more combine soldiers per encounter should be enough). Also, maybe give them some new gadgedts. Like rpg toting soldiers, energy riot shields, and so on

I agree totally. while new enemies would be great there needs to be a reason. the hunters fit into ep2 because they were used for the rural areas.

Also I really want to see the regular combine soldiers be more intelligent, use more advanced tactics, better equipped, exe.

I would also be nice if we see some more "non combat behavior" or even being able to witness degrading moral. for instance when I hit someone over the head with a crowbar they should NOT just stand there, their head should snap back and they should involuntarily stumble backwards. same thing goes for shooting them I don't just want them to stand their as I sill them I want to see them try to live.

picture this: you encounter a squad of 10 combine 6 of them provide suppressive fire while the other 4 sprint (yes sprint) to a flanking position. you engage them buy weaving through cover and popping up to engage. they use indirect fore to try to flush you out (Grenades) and then shoot at you, or send a few to flush you out, or even keeping you pined down wile sending some around behind you. but, because you are such a bad ass you take them down one by one. as you do this they stop used more aggressive tactics. they stick to cover more don't split up but stay close together until you have to chase they final one down to his hiding spot. why you may find his cowering, ready to shoot you, holding and activated grenade, already dead from bleeding our or even killed by his own sidearm.

Originally Posted by lord_raken
I agree totally. while new enemies would be great there needs to be a reason.

I like how you say you agree with him but then disagree with him in this one sentence lol. But I really wouldn't care if they had backstories or not.

Originally Posted by lord_raken
why you may find his cowering, ready to shoot you, holding and activated grenade, already dead from bleeding our or even killed by his own sidearm.

I'd much rather have every single soldier firing at me until I kill every one of them.

Other than that, I completely agree with what ShadowJustice and lord_raken said. I want to see some new gadgets, like a riot shield, but it can't be like the Jackal's energy shields from halo. And I would like to see better AI too that lets the combine soldiers fight more as a team.

I'd like to see the combine riding on some other creature from Xen, like an equivalent to horses...

I think the reason the combine couldn't follow the nihilianth into xen was because they knew that they couldn't win without a citadel and a citadel would be too heavy to put on xen. But that's only an educated guess.
edit: Sorry this was random.

Originally Posted by foshiznay
I'd like to see the combine riding on some other creature from Xen, like an equivalent to horses...

G(ordon)-man is right, it almost definitely wouldn't be a creature from xen. Even if it were a synth I probably wouldn't like it. It's just not their style. It might be cool if they showed another form of transportation other than the dropship. Maybe it would transport by land.

Also, as soon as you said that I couldn't help but think about the cut creature from HL, the panther eye:
Panther_eye-scientist.png

I think a new tank would be cool. The current, dark, APC-looking truck with a canon and machine gun on it is getting a little old for me. And have it crawl, like a strider, but not to the point that it's towering over every building.

Also, where are those synth frog things we see on the carriage ride towards the end of HL2?

Yeah new apc's or tanks would make the game alot more fun

There is only one citadel in the earth of the combine!!!
"The destructive pulse forced a damper on the entire network of linked Citadel reactors."
There's more than one.
I heard this idea somewhere that I thought was awesome. An invisible enemy that you have to throw paint cans to see
Royalties please ^_^ Though at the time, someone did throw up some flaws with the idea.

Other lame ideas:
Transvortiguant Combine Soldiers (emergency conscript vortiguants, or something closer to the Grunt - not implying the questionable theory that the Vorts and Grunts were related)
Stalkers (Pushed into active service and properly armed as an emergency measure. For clever impromptu horror sequence).
Synth-humans (someone still pushing the survival of the Human race from within the Combine comes up with them as a replacement for the increasingly ineffective soldiers.).
Combine Skidoos - How every fashionable Combine Soldier gets across the arctic waste. Forward facing cannon takes chunks out of your health, but can be tipped with a blast from the gravity gun for an instant kill. Otherwise, explosives or driver death sort out the problem. Failing that, just give the combine skis and skiing movement abilites.
Wet Combine Assassins (Think Terminator 2 but taken a step further in exoticness. Runs at you and turns into a torrent of corrosive water. Knocked back by conclusive blasts and splashes at the wall, only to pool up behind you, resolidify and punch you in the back of the head. Eats your GFX card and drinks your multi-core processor for desert. Bullets pass straight through with a pitiful splash, can only be killed by... err, I don't know where I'm going with this :p)

And of course:
Aura Battler Combine. A 10 foot tall, half mechanical, half living bi-pedal robotic synth capable of flight and with one hand derived from the Gargantua, and another a sweeping blade. Destroyed either by heavy weapons damage to the chest (where it's piloted from!) or by the HEV mark VI, a 20 foot tall bi-pedal robot equipped with a macro version of the gauss gun, and a giant crowbar shaped laser sword.

There was that early concept of what is now the Gargantua (can be found in the original manual for Halflife); originally it walked on all fours, had a further 2 legs to scrath against the surface of the floor. Instead of the red eye it had a massive gaping maw which could extend (aliens style).

It would stand on too legs when (like a bear) when it had too.

Make it smaller and it could be a synthed dog of sorts

Aura Battler Combine. A 10 foot tall, half mechanical, half living bi-pedal robotic synth capable of flight and with one hand derived from the Gargantua, and another a sweeping blade. Destroyed either by heavy weapons damage to the chest (where it's piloted from!) or by the HEV mark VI, a 20 foot tall bi-pedal robot equipped with a macro version of the gauss gun, and a giant crowbar shaped laser sword.

Now THAT'S innovation!

I wonder what would happen if the Combine and GlaDOS had a rendezvous.

Aura Battler Combine. A 10 foot tall, half mechanical, half living bi-pedal robotic synth capable of flight and with one hand derived from the Gargantua, and another a sweeping blade. Destroyed either by heavy weapons damage to the chest (where it's piloted from!) or by the HEV mark VI, a 20 foot tall bi-pedal robot equipped with a macro version of the gauss gun, and a giant crowbar shaped laser sword.[/QUOTE]

Picture Please.:p

Wow, I change my mind, I want this badly. But only if the theme song is playing when it first appears.

Back