New Ep2 Trailer

that looks fking awsome, hoe come XBox get a longer trailer?
I like that weapon the vortigaunts use against multiple enemies, and what was that weapon i wonder used at the start of the video at the bridge?

Awesome. At first after the giant explosion (nice effect with the steel of the bridge warping), I thought it was just going to be the same thing as the first trailer, but this was a nice surprise. Get to see a more detailed hunter in action, and one of the human camps, as well as the underground. That bit with the vortigaunt made me go, "Holy sh*t!" because I always thought they might be able to do something similar to that, a massive discharge around them. Good stuff, thanks for the find.

the vorts look like they got a new skin

OMFGZ WTF BBQ WOOT OMG L33t, WOW amazing!!!!!

But antlions i thought we saw the last of them, but if we get pheropods then.....

Wow the mini-strider things shoot guns, I expected them to jump on the people and stab them LOL

Wow the mini-strider things shoot guns, I expected them to jump on the people and stab them LOL

I believe one of the new guns you get to use is the gun the mini striders use,you rip the gun off a dead one,and then after you get the gun of one,the rest they drop ammo for it.

HOPLY ****ING AHSDIOJNOIJ)I!J@!JADAIPDJ@# H)*#@UJ!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!

****ING SHIT DUDES OF ALL DUDES OF THE DUDES!!!! I

CANT

****ING

WAIT!
!
!!!
!
!
!

!!!!
!!
!!
!

AjcIOP{rhu092QTRUJ)wqaFH)waTH)owaHETOwEHFo{EJFpIJ Bp}ISUJ IP BB TGBRGSGTSrsSBRPK Spgk RHBZJ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am not shitting you, these are REAL spasms.

I believe one of the new guns you get to use is the gun the mini striders use,you rip the gun off a dead one,and then after you get the gun of one,the rest they drop ammo for it.
How do you know?

Btw , it looks like those are "baby" antlions. The glowing touch is very cool.
One thing though , I hope the Mini-strider can shoot while running. Please let it be so lol.

Btw , it looks like those are "baby" antlions. The glowing touch is very cool.
One thing though , I hope the Mini-strider can shoot while running. Please let it be so lol.

Id be pritty sure that the mini striders can shoot while running,because of where ep2 is set (forests ect),it would allow the mini striders to hunt you more easily

HOPLY ****ING AHSDIOJNOIJ)I!J@!JADAIPDJ@# H)*#@UJ!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!

CANT

****ING

WAIT!
!
!!!
!
!
!

!!!!
!!
!!
!

AjcIOP{rhu092QTRUJ)wqaFH)waTH)owaHETOwEHFo{EJFpIJ Bp}ISUJ IP BB TGBRGSGTSrsSBRPK Spgk RHBZJ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quoted for truth.

CANT

****ING

WAIT!
!
!!!
!
!
!

!!!!
!!
!!
!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quoted for truth.
Well duh I was having a nerdgasm.

Sweet, that was awesome! :p The bridge collapsing looked so cool! The Hunters also look like they're going to be REALLY fun to fight, too. :p

This looks ace!
Wonder how long we can spend in the forest. Hope there's lots of fun things to do in there.

Looks like the rebels still haven't figured out that SMG bullets don't affect Striders.

Otherwise, the bridge collapsing looks great, and so does the Vortigaunts' new omni-directional energy wave attack.

Varsity at Steam Powered said:
Valve just sent out a private link. Should be appearing on the usual download sites shortly. I'll keep a small mirror list around until Steam takes over.
It's 103MB - nearly twice the size of the first version. There are three new scenes, but it is still recorded in the legacy renderer - the old lighting, the old landscape tech, and so on.

Can anyone get this confirmed as true? It looks awesome as it is now, but if it's gonna be better, that'd be great!

Here's a link to the thread... http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=464064

I dont get why the rebels/ CPs use the HK MP7-PDW SMG like a freakin' assault weapon, Its a PDW(Personal Defense Weapon) which mean't for Tank crews , armoured personal carrier crews..etc

Hmm..I would say so from watching it alone , but i'm no expert.

After watching the 720p video... whoa... everything looks so clean. The scene at the bridge is simply astonishing, the forest looks nice too.

In that steampowered link there are few still shots showing off the baby alntlions , the new npc skins and a cool comparison shot of Alyx's hand and a Vorts knee from June and July trailers.

In regards to the differences in the look of the games (TF2, Portal, EP2), Valve poster Cliffe on steam forums just had this to say:

"All three videos were recorded w/ the same engine build. The different art styles use different shaders though, as appropriate."

Attachments

• preview_1.jpg
    preview_1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 317
  • preview_2.jpg
    preview_2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 327
  • preview_3.jpg
    preview_3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 334
I already got ideas for making a map with the new foliage from the forest ;)

Maybe we'll get the Ant Lion pherapods (bugbait) again since the Vortigaunts are around...

Back