New Ep2 Trailer

Such an awesome beginning scene... im really curious as to what that energy wave came from.

i dont like the new color of the hunters though... i liked their old black metal look.

I like this new colour for the hunters. It's a kind of "We're tough enough to not care about camoflage... Bring it on!" look. :)

I figured it was just the shockwave of the citadel exploding.

Screens from the trailer, so you can witness the details and such.

episode2-1.jpg

episode2-2.jpg

episode2-3.jpg

episode2-4.jpg

episode2-5.jpg

episode2-6.jpg

episode2-7.jpg

episode2-8.jpg

episode2-9.jpg

episode2-10.jpg

episode2-11.jpg

episode2-12.jpg

episode2-13.jpg

episode2-14.jpg

episode2-15.jpg

Oh, and this. ;)

newvsoldxv3.jpg

Man the foliage looks MUCH better in the second trailer. Look at the contrast between the foliage in the Hunter-in-the-doorway shot!

Man the foliage looks MUCH better in the second trailer. Look at the contrast between the foliage in the Hunter-in-the-doorway shot!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Amazing details.

What I am thinking of when I view this trailer is: Incredible lag.

What I am thinking of when I view this trailer is: Incredible lag.

Maybe on your computer :p

The more I think about those new antlions, the more I think they are bioluminscent and not new-born. Look how their abdomens glow. I think they are more markers/light-sources for the antlion colony than newly emerged antlions.

That foliage looks like sex.

If anybody ever had any doubt about the modularity of Source, this should put them to rest.

Do anyone notice that the tenth picture look life the hunter is spitting?

After all, a poor rebel is going to got headshot in the eleventh picture.

p.s. Alyx is getting more and more beautiful. Valve is really doing something!

The hunter looks more evil in the old, probably cuz of the shading :E

Outside areas look nice, as well as the bridge destruction. I kinda like the old Hunters better a little bit, but they look nice in their current versions as well. ;)

I didn't want to watch this because of spoilers, but the trailer I already had updated on it's own and I couldn't resist D:

The bridge was one of the coolest destruction scenes I've ever seen in a game. I like the new Vort skin, but I hope changes like that are applied globally to all HL2 games for consistancy. All the new scenes were really impressive and the old ones look even better now. Can't say I'm a big fan of the new hunters though, the old ones fit better into the HL2 universe. The new ones look kind of like toys.

Its awesome. I agree with Wally_Breen that it is probaoly an Advisor, or if else, the Citadel. :p

It is just beautiful. I love valve.:cheers:

I didn't want to watch this because of spoilers, but the trailer I already had updated on it's own and I couldn't resist D:

The bridge was one of the coolest destruction scenes I've ever seen in a game. I like the new Vort skin, but I hope changes like that are applied globally to all HL2 games for consistancy. All the new scenes were really impressive and the old ones look even better now. Can't say I'm a big fan of the new hunters though, the old ones fit better into the HL2 universe. The new ones look kind of like toys.

*Rolleyes*
Reskin it?

I don’t like the attack of the Hunter. He shoots out of his eyes.
And it seams the Hunter now has some kind of antenna on his back. Probably to communicate with other Hunters and Striders.

The foliage is MUCH better this time! (God I hope this is still $20)

I didn't see that big of a graphics upgrade pertaining to the actual technology myself. The increased foliage in that one shot of the attacking hunter seemed marginal at best (in fact, I think more was visible before they put in that other building to restrict the view a bit). The most impressive part of the trailer for me was watching the bridge deform and break away, even if it was precomputed/animated. However, I'm still waiting for Valve to introduce some graphics technology that amounts to more than a shader/artwork taking less than a man-week of effort to produce. Yes, we get it, Source allows you to plop "artifact" shaders in at will. Now let's see some genuinely impressive technology, or at least something that requires a bit of ingenuity to make, like anisotropic lighting on the hunter-striders instead of old phong lighting.

The PCGamer article says that the Hunters' antenna sticks up when you piss them off.

ye grey the antenna does do that....made me laugh when i read that article...

on the glowy antlion matter, theres two explanations i can come up with
1. there new borns
2. there cave versions, just like in the real world in pitch black caves you see creatures devlop new features such as glowyness and lose sight etc. Maybe the glowyness is to attract prey or maybe just to light the way. (we may have seen that ant lions can evolve already, as theres a blue one somewhere may be from the frozen place where mossman is, (or is may actually be ant lion king))

And OMFG how much diff is there between the two hunter foliage scenes ep2 foliage ftw

And omfg nice new lighting and shaders on vorts.

The bridge collapsing was beutifally orchestrated. I hope we have more resting scenes do catch up with characters.

Its awesome. I agree with Wally_Breen that it is probaoly an Advisor, or if else, the Citadel. :p

It is just beautiful. I love valve.:cheers:

99% sure that it was the citadel. the advisor is just a nastyass fat slug that advises, we've never fought one for a reason - plus there are no advisors on earth, so there goes that theory

99% sure that it was the citadel. the advisor is just a nastyass fat slug that advises, we've never fought one for a reason - plus there are no advisors on earth, so there goes that theory

You did play Episode One right?

yes, how else would i know of the citadel's collapse...

the combine advisor we saw in HL2 was on the combine home planet, or at least not on earth, and communications between Earth and the Combine are gone, aside from the one distress signal I believe was sent that caused the Citadel's reactor meltdown. No advisors were on earth before and there definitely aren't any now.

the combine advisor we saw in HL2 was on the combine home planet, or at least not on earth, and communications between Earth and the Combine are gone, aside from the one distress signal I believe was sent that caused the Citadel's reactor meltdown. No advisors were on earth before and there definitely aren't any now.

Well, we knew the Citadel would collapse, but anyway lol...
Is that proven, or your theory, because I always got the impression that there were more than one...
BTW, sorry if my previous statement sounded rude or offensive or anything...

What about the thing that mind attacks you and Alyx in Ep.1?

Two things I don't like about the trailer..
The faces (atleast the woman's face) are the same as in hl2 and in hl2: ep1. And the smg seems still dull and seems to have no recoil in 3rd person animations..

Back