New Game Mode for CS Source? (Rumor)

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
In the latest major SDK update, there is some hidden information about a new game mode for CS Source, you can find more info of the newly found material on Facepunch forums.[br]

After reading the text found in the SDK files, it looks like CS Source will have something similar to team fortress 2's territorial control point mode.

That's quite interesting...wonder how that would pan out

I think although from some peoples views this won't fit into the style of cs that it could turn out to be quite fun. I know I've certainly got bored over the years of the same old, plant, defuse, plant, boom, win then repeat. So bored to the point that I don't play it anymore.

Then again I only really played 1.6, even when Source was released. I think if this does go through that I'll start playing Source again.

If this is true, then I welcome this update.
A new game mode for CSS sounds excellent imo especially control points

At the behest of my clan I popped back to playing CS the other day (after a long hiatus playing & really enjoying TF2) and I was left completely numb by the experience. I'm hoping that CS2 (when it appears) really puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Valve need to go back to formula on this one, rather than stitch on some new modes.

If this is true, then I welcome this update.
A new game mode for CSS sounds excellent imo especially control points

CSS copying COD4 ?

Sounds cool tbh. can't wait.

I thought they would have dropped cs:s updates completely

I would have made a terrorist leader assassinate mode where the CT team would have had to break into a well defended area to kill a terrorist leader. This would be different to the old VIP maps as the terrorist leader wouldn't have had to get to an escape zone and the maps would be designed much like cs_assault in that the terrorists have an easy place to defend and the CT's would need co-ordination to win

With the way the CS community usually seems to react to updates, I forsee:
valvetl9.gif

I made that ages ago but I never get to use it :p

A new gamemode would kickass no matter what it is!

These things have been in the SDK for a long time. If you browse the Half-Life 2 GCF, there are still some remains of the submarine levels that never made it into the game.

Back