New GTA:SA Food Preview ( 9 new screens )

Damn, that looks so hot... Very detailed if you compare to the other GTA games. Thanks for the link!

Does look royal indeed.
But I've said it before and I'll say it again, the whole eating right and exercising thing is a nice idea but if this turns into "The Sims: Gangsta Life" Oh there'll be tears...

el Chi said:
Does look royal indeed.
But I've said it before and I'll say it again, the whole eating right and exercising thing is a nice idea but if this turns into "The Sims: Gangsta Life" Oh there'll be tears...
I trust rockstar. They know what people are going to want.

I think its going to be stupid..just like in the last game im sure you walk into some little circle and regain energy..its juts plain..

And you would have them do what exactly? A sub-game where you have to chew the food for your character?

All GTA games are great
and im sure this one will be the best GTA game ever

Oh then I guess you think pretty much every game is plain? Because most of em you walk into a health pack and you regain health. Oh ah just like walking into a little circle and regaining energy. Pfff.

Every single gta game sucked. Pointless, easy, short, no replayability.

Raziel-Jcd said:

lol yeah i sorta agree. GTA III was fun becuase it was the new thing..with the new engine.. then Vice City was ok it was a change of pace. Now this one is just going to be boring its the same shit over and over.

People get so hyper.. OMG YOU CAN EAT FOOD!! and you can even work out at a GYM and get your charecter stronger!!!

sounds like fun :stare:

I wanna be a fatass black dude and just run my gang with an iron fist, like the fat dude from Empire.

i love every gta game.

i can't wait for pc version cause i hate auto-aim and i love multiplayer-mods.

Raziel-Jcd said:

Okay, I have to respect your opinion, but short? You kidding me?

If you think an estimated 100 hours for Vice City and 150 hours for GTA:SA is short you'll blink and miss HL2.

Yeah it doesnt have a good replay value but apart from that i dont see what else is wrong with it

Wow. That looks like perhaps the most annoying element to manage in a game ever. Who the hell wants to make sure their character eats and works out? Honestly.

Hopefully, you won't have to do it too often... or else, yeah, it would get annoying fast.

GTA3 was great
GTA: VC was even greater

GTA: SA going to rock! :p

I can't wait driving a car of the mountain

Shame this is going to be out 6 months after it says...due to the console getting it so much earlier :(

Its an interesting new twist this eating thing, and i think Ry102 was right...Rockstar know what people want in games. Thats why they are hounded by the media every so often, precisely because their games are so popular and the media likes a good bit of controversy.

I think it'll be cool.

GTA VC was definitely not even 100 hours. I'm not about to fire up my game right now, but to get 100%...it took me like 40-50 hours.

Problem is...it's impossible to get 100% without a guide. If you did...you're lying to everyone here and yourself.

AmishSlayer said:
I think it'll be cool.

GTA VC was definitely not even 100 hours. I'm not about to fire up my game right now, but to get 100%...it took me like 40-50 hours.

Problem is...it's impossible to get 100% without a guide. If you did...you're lying to everyone here and yourself.

If you spent 100 hours searching like a mad man you could.

Yes It is a 100 hour game at 100%. Try doing it without the guide and now and then go on a rampage simply because your bored and its 100 hours

Seems if they can pull it off... it could be fun. Hope its not repetitive, like one of those things where you say to yourself, "Food again? God, I just did that 5 minutes ago!"

I'm really worried about this food eating thing. Having to stop what you're doing to go and eat just does not sound fun at all. Why isn't RockStar working on improving the on-foot action or the graphics instead of spending their time inserting some pointless Sims-style "needs" system.

I love GTA but this looks f*cking stupid.

DarkStar said:
I'm really worried about this food eating thing. Having to stop what you're doing to go and eat just does not sound fun at all. Why isn't RockStar working on improving the on-foot action or the graphics instead of spending their time inserting some pointless Sims-style "needs" system.

That's what I was thinking when I read this. GTA is turning into The Sims.

They've already put in the ability to customise your wardrobe to gain influence points and made a food system to do the same.
Next, you'll need to buy the draperies that best accent the colour of the wallpaper in your split-level suburban home.
Otherwise, the gangstas won't respect you.

Everyone stare at the unsightly and outdated graphics and laugh... seriously... Rockstar needs to come out with a new graphics engine, bad.

Deadline said:
Everyone stare at the unsightly and outdated graphics and laugh... seriously... Rockstar needs to come out with a new graphics engine, bad.

What do you expect from the PS2?

I trust Rock*, they know what they are doing.

DarkStar said:
Well they actually are putting in a whole host of new features which are listed here.
Many of them sound promising and it seems a shame that this thread has focussed on the whole eating thing, even though that will be irritating. I'm sure someone will come out with a trainer to stop the need for it.

Deadline: The graphics aren't amazing, but if you think about the improvements they've put into it, it becomes somewhat more impressive. Plus those are PS2 screens and the PC version will look a bit better. Besides, the appeal of the GTA series has never been their graphics.

Errr. GTA3 was definetly not boring. it had amazing replay value, seriously, get a few mates around and u can **** about doing stunts, going on killing sprees, etc, what are you on about :/

Back