New Half-Life 2: Episode Four Screenshots Revealed! - ValveTime Spotlight Exclusive

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now here's something we've been sat on for far too long!

ep4.png
After hitting a seemingly impenetrable barrier, we recently unearthed a number of never-before-seen screenshots showing strangely-detailed levels from Half-Life 2: Episode Four, aka “Return to Ravenholm”, a now long-dead project previously in development by Arkane Studios in collaboration with Valve.

As explained in the Spotlight video above, these new screenshots come to us via the personal portfolio of Robert Wilinski, a Senior Environment Artist at Arkane Studios between 2007 and 2008, who was likely an important component within the “Return to Ravenholm” and “The Crossing” projects. A deeper discussion of these screenshots can be found in the Spotlight Exclusive episode listed above, but feel free to take a closer look at all 11 new screenshots below!

robert-wilinski-s-01.jpg robert-wilinski-s-02.jpg robert-wilinski-s-03.jpg
robert-wilinski-s-04.jpg robert-wilinski-s-05.jpg robert-wilinski-s-06.jpg
robert-wilinski-s-07.jpg robert-wilinski-s-08.jpg robert-wilinski-s-09.jpg
robert-wilinski-s-10.jpg robert-wilinski-s-11.jpg
The final two screenshots we've included also highlight The Crossing, so check them out too! If you don’t know what The Crossing is or why you should care, be sure to check out our previous episode covering the topic!

robert-wilinski-s-12.jpg robert-wilinski-s-13.jpg

Before you go, don’t forget to check out our older Episode Four videos to learn more about this ill-fated project and to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and TwitchTV. Thanks for watching!

Sadly can't enjoy them enough with that huge watermark, I think you guys are a bit paranoid.

Sadly can't enjoy them enough with that huge watermark, I think you guys are a bit paranoid.
It's not about being paranoid, it's about knowing for a fact that news websites will take the images and report on them without giving any credit to the original source. Not everyone, of course. Considering some sites even managed it by taking screen captures from the video, the need for a watermark in the early days is legitimate.

looks like every generic level from almost every known shooter

lighting is gr8 tho

It's not about being paranoid, it's about knowing for a fact that news websites will take the images and report on them without giving any credit to the original source. Not everyone, of course. Considering some sites even managed it by taking screen captures from the video, the need for a watermark in the early days is legitimate.

I really understand it and I have no problem with watermarks themselves, but just when they are on a corner of the image and have a reasonable size. Intrusive watermarks are really bad to perceive the details of a pic IMO.

Is it even legal to watermark stuff you don't have the rights on?

Damn Nick I gotta hand it to you, THIS is content! I dunno how you found this but it's awesome.

Back