New HL2: EP2 Trailer

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
"But, smash, I've already seen the new trailer of Episode Two from the Leipzig Game Convention!"[br]On the contrary, you've only seen the shaky cam versions of the trailer. The PR department at Valve has been busy emailing many gaming news sites throughout the internets with direct-feed videos of the highest quality to showcase their much anticipated sequel… Of a sequel. Quote comin' at ya!
New footage from the second instalment in Valve's first episodic trilogy is now available. In addition to revealing a little more about where the trilogy leads after Freeman's time in City 17, Trailer2 shows off the Cinematic Physics system enabled in the Source Engine by Gray Horsfield and others at Valve for Episode Two. Half-Life 2: Episode Two is targeted for release in Q1 2007 for release on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
There are plenty of great mirrors to download from. Since the trailer weighs in at a nice 107MB, you’ll need the fastest download speeds available. Take your pick from 3D Gamers, GGMania, Techage, Fileshack, FileFront or Gamer's Hell.[br]Update: The trailer is now available via Steam. You can find the download link here. All those links above are now about as useful as a strainer trying to carry water.

Omg Steam is in overdrive and is having a meltdown!!!! :thumbs: So many updates in the last hour, O.M.G!

My hype level just went up 8 borgasms.

Gman looks like he's about to do something naughty to Alyx ;) ;). Luckyyyyyyy. I wish I was the Gman.

This is about a week old (I got it from FilePlanet) but still a good find and definitely something that everyone should see.

is this already under "videos" from steam so I can add it to my media?

Speculation.. speculation speculation...
Damnit

some combine weird thing
Combine mobilizing..
Antlions
Big Rocket thing..

Damnit!! I want this now!! :p

This is about a week old (I got it from FilePlanet) but still a good find and definitely something that everyone should see.
As I said, that's the lower-quality "shaky cam" version. The new one is HD direct-feed.

You know you're in trouble when: your computer is barely high-spec enough to run the trailer.

Downloading now. While Steam updates itself for the zillionth time, I wonder what it's actually updating? Is it the content (new games for sale, etc.), or the Steam engine iteself?

edit - Just watched it. Hasn't this version been out for some time now? It looks much nicer in higher resolution though.

You know you're in trouble when: your computer is barely high-spec enough to run the trailer.

Not really, when i try and watch the high-spec trailers it lags quite a bit for me, but when i come to play the game itself, its high settings and high fps all the way ;)

Oh and EP2 looks ****ing incredible and if Valve keep releasing thee videos I will probably end up having a heart attack!

Why do the buildings and things being destroyed look so elite now?

Is this new? Or just more advanced usage of the current physics engine?

Funny they called it "Teaser Trailer 2" on Steam. I'm looking forward for the full trailer then ;)

Ooh! Yay! Hunters! Physics! Combat! Wow! Cool! Hype! Awesome!
Heart Attack!
<dies fulfilled>

Everything looks so more cinematic now, I guess it's the shading system, but it looks AMAZING

Okay, maybe I'm just a big Half-Life freak, but that trailer almost made me cry...

:E wow...

love the dog vs. strider part

antlions and striders explode !!!

holy crap i just realized why the strider exploded...thiers a giant spiky explosive thingy attached to it, my guess shot onto it by the G-gun

drugsarebad.jpg

strider buster!

wonder what it is about the busters that make the striders pop like zits?
i'm glad the hunters can be killed with more then just the rpg now...in Ep 1 that's the only way I was killing them....of course, i was spawning them....no where can you find one in person in Ep 1.

upgrading my computer this winter so I can't wait to have a powerful enough system to enjoy full AA, cinematic effects/physics.

Anyone else relate the last few seconds to Valve Delaying Ep2?

Looks so good, but more than anything for some reason I'm eager to see whats going on with the G man.

did bullsquids have eyes in the same spots?

are we finding out what the hunters are yet?

Attachments

• bullsquid-hunter.JPG
    bullsquid-hunter.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 270
Back