New HL2 Info from Magazines

synth

Reaction score
X-Vector from our forums has posted a long summary about what has been said in various magazines about HL2. Some information is comments from the magazine, others are comments from Gabe Newell. (They are summaries of comments, not the actual ones mentioned in the magazines) Here's a quick piece:
Valve has attempted to bring some familiarity to the player by retaining some particularities of HL; much (if not all) of the standard keyboard configuration stays the same and a number of player feedback sounds such as the "closed door" warning has also been carried over from HL2's predecessor.
Read his whole post and comment on the entire thread

I love new info.

HL2 4EVA!!!!!

But the fastest the better :eek:

GAH, I LOVE THIS COMMENT.........

"Whoever gets caught cheating will be prevented from playing the game online for a while; repeat offenders will be banned for six months and the truly incurable cases could even risk a permanent ban.
These are some harsh measures, but we want to keep the game enjoyable for those who play by the rules."

I hope they ban them all FOREVER!!!!!

"X-Vector from our forums has posted a long summary about what has been said in various magazines about HL2."

To clarify, both the translated preview and interview are taken from PC Gameplay (Belgian game mag).
In the text, I'm referring to PC Zone because of similarities between their article and that of PCGP.

That was the most interesting chunk of HL2 info I have read since last Fall.

Nice distillation of the available information there. I particularly liked that in the game there is clearly more than one way to skin a cat in the game when it comes to the defeating your opponents, aside from different guns. Adds a lot of replay Value.

...and a number of player feedback sounds such as the "closed door" warning has also been carried over from HL2's predecessor.
As in the sound of a doorknob turning?

I think it's referring to the little "Breep!" sound you'd hear when a door was unopenable.

[EDIT]: Or that rattling sound, for the swinging doors...

Back