new info in german mag

BlueIce

Reaction score
Hi again folks

after last months scans from my german PCGAMES mag i got some new info for you guys, which is somehow related to hl2:

in the newest issue of this mag, they got a Counter-Strike Source Vid on the mag's dvd, which is pretty interessting. Besides showing new versions of cbble, dust, italy and havanna, they got 2 short interviews with Erik Johnson and... hell what was his name... sth like cliffe youknowwho. they both said that they want to add further features to the game, after the release (btw: mag said it would be free shipping with hl2, but dunno...). Cliffe was very excitited by the possibilities of the source-engine which they can use in CS:S, in particular he pointed out the abillity to build like 10times bigger maps than the original ones.

Graphic was good, nothing special in modern times, some neat ragdoll physics on the characters and good looking bullets hitting the walls (lost the words... decals?), nothing more.

they also asked the somehow rethoric question of hl2 release date which was answered with a laughing "summer" by erik

btw: No, i will and cannot upload the video in any form, pls don't ask

cool info. so how do the other maps look? did you see any new gameplay as a result of the new physics?

dream431ca said:
A "laughing" summer??? He doesn't sound too serious.

Probably laughing after being asked when Half-Life 2 will be released thousands of time and always replying Summer.

He probably laughed because he gets asked so often.

kaf11 said:
cool info. so how do the other maps look? did you see any new gameplay as a result of the new physics?

according to erik they are currently experimenting with new ways to include physics in the gameplay. at the moment, they have objects like barrels which react on bullet impacts and explosions. seems pretty normal nowadays.

only cool thing was, when one of the pushed a table to small passage and pushed it over to block it. :farmer:

@Mendasp:

trust me, i really would, but it's the same problems as with the uploading of the entire video:
my DVD-Rom is broken, so i had to watch the dvd on a normal DVD-player :D

@Foxtrot:

yeah, got the same thought... you could also hear another one laughing on the question in the background ;)

hmm, why do German mags get this tuff and the internet hasn't provided it at all.

Rupertvdb said:
hmm, why do German mags get this tuff and the internet hasn't provided it at all.

like the last time i posted information from this mag:

i got the mag like 5 days in advance bc i'm a subscriber.

they went to valve and played CS:S in LAN with the other Valve guys and asked them the questions, so how should anyone on the internet get this information before them (besides merc :D )?

yeah, kinda strange actually, but it's always cool if a mag has some new stuff...i remember when i bought my belgian mag, pcgameplay, and saw the cool cover of halflife 2....i really freaked out, because i had never really thougt about the fact that there wold be a sequel for my favourite game... :p

I expect money exchanges hands.

What's the quality of the video like? Is it from a handheld camera?

What i mean is why don't screens and such become generally published once the magazines have had their exclusives?

Mr-Fusion said:
What's the quality of the video like? Is it from a handheld camera?

hmm... no, was pretty high quality, definitly no Handheld-Cam

@Rupertvdb:
i dunno about that... maybe it's just like Chris said...

Could you trawl it and post any links if/when they show up?

BlueIce said:
that's because their forum is pretty bad ;)

Umm, can you at least find some page on the site that tells some info like "in this months's issue..."?

lans said:
Umm, can you at least find some page on the site that tells some info like "in this months's issue..."?

ah ok... unfortunately they haven't updated this part which is found in the left menu-bar at the button "Aktuelle Ausgabe" which leads you here , where the newest issue is presented. but this is the old issue which is noticeable by the small E3 sign in the bottom left corner of the cover

maybe the'll update it when the new issue is officially released.

@-=DouglasteR=: then i'm sorry... as i said, i don't like their forum so i didn't look closely

there is also a video of hl2 on the german pcaction ( www.pcaction.de ), hadnt tried it out yet cuz i thought it was old, is it the same as the pcgames one?

how long is the video? , and dont worry guyz , u know the video will be on the net soon

DizzyOne said:
there is also a video of hl2 on the german pcaction, hadnt tried it out yet cuz i thought it was old, is it the same as the pcgames one?

hmm... could be, because they belong to the same publisher

@Silent_night:

i'm to lazy to look right now :p

hmm.. let's say about 5-10mins?

-=DouglasteR= said:
Anyone can explain whats going on here ?? :flame:

Erm, read the thread?

Thanks for info BlueIce, I appreciate it.

Yeah nice info. This is good support information for what Merc was telling us about CS:S. If they're concentrating so much on that and it looking complete then that must mean HL2 is pretty much done too (altho it being new material it takes longer to polish).

"hahaha Summer..... IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!"

Hm, I know a place where they sell this mag. I'm gonna look tomorrow (after my exams)!

I'll keep looking for a link to the vid and/or screenshots. If any1 else finds anything plz post a link! We're onto something hot!!!

Ya, I do believe he's telling the truth because on the site it now shows the front cover of the new issue and it has a box that says Half-Life 2 and above that something along the lines of video report, also says Counter-Strike 2(do they mean CS:S??) under the HL2 part. Also Farfege where do you live in Ohio im in Columbus :p.

Even if it will be on fileplanet. i like to get stuff first

Remember don't scan the article and upload the movies, and do certainly NOT distribute the links in my pm or on this board :rolleyes:

What exactly are you talking about fisker? Do you have links? If so pm me :D

Back