new info in german mag

blue ice can't you get on the chat of the site from the magazine and ask if there's anyone who can upload the movies?

[Removed]

Haven't downloaded it yet so it could be some guys wang, but it seems likley it's what we want.

ThomasToad said:
Also Farfege where do you live in Ohio im in Columbus :p.
Me too! (Westerville)

Varsity: If that's it, I love you.
Holy crap, I think it is!

The quality isn't great and everything is in German (damn those voiceovers!) but it looks awesome nonetheless.

i'll find out in 30 seconds

Yeah it's new.

So anyone know what the hell they say on the dubbing? :D

Oh wow. Its definitely gonna piss us all off!

But we'll see..

Fortunately I'm from Munich and so i got a good knowledge of my langue.. any questions of the Interview left?

Abaddon said:
Oh wow. Its definitely gonna piss us all off!

But we'll see..

Fortunately I'm from Munich and so i got a good knowledge of my langue.. any questions of the Interview left?

Just translate every bit of it :p Actually redub the sound :D

FISKER_Q said:
Just translate every bit of it :p Actually redub the sound :D

Ahaha.. a dub over of a dub over of a translation of a translation :LOL:

To do you all favor i'll summarize the main content of the interview:

For Valve, Counter-Strike: Source is only a further step in the developement of the already existing Counter-Strike. Therefore it's not conformable to say that it is a sequel of the original CS. At the very beginning after the release of Half-Life 2 and so also CS: S, there won't be any mentionable gameplay changes but in the subsequent way the developers are planing to release more and more only-source-engine-features and of course maps especially for the Source Engine. Those maps will be like ten times greater compared to the older ones, just as great as you wish to. Colossal outback areas are no problem anymore! They've already tought for a long time about creating big jungle maps, expanded forests and city maps which extend about miles.. (sounds stunning!) it's simply boundless for the developers. Partly its possible to ineract with the map given inventory to (as you folks can see on italy) move for example a table in order to build a barrier. But they do at the moment still checkout in which amount new environment objects can be insert in the game. Things will feel rather like dynamic content than none-changeable-pics. The shown version of Counter-Strike: Source will get over-worked in some points of a better texture quality. And CS:S will be released this summer as a free add-on to the allknown Half-Life 2.

So, best greetings - Abaddon from Half-life2.de :)

Sweet.. any idea if the "free add-on" info is a comment added by PC Games, or if it's a direct part of Erik Johnson's translation?
Thanks, BTW :D

I don't think larger maps would fit in with the cs style of gameplay, unless the larger maps were deathmatch type maps with instant respawn.

Lep said:
I don't think larger maps would fit in with the cs style of gameplay, unless the larger maps were deathmatch type maps with instant respawn.

Deathmatch type maps with instant respawn wouldn't fit CS
Unless by "instant" you mean "not-so-instant" and by deathmatch you meant "team deathmatch"

I dunno, when I hear large maps, I think of bf1942.

Shuzer said:
Sweet.. any idea if the "free add-on" info is a comment added by PC Games, or if it's a direct part of Erik Johnson's translation?
Thanks, BTW :D

Yeah, it seems like its a direct translation of Erik Johnson :)

I just saw this movie (twice :)) and damn! It's gonna rock for sure!
Blocking doors with tables and seats (in cs_italy), awesome! :thumbs:

isn't the movie on a DVD, so can't we get a good rip of the movie? BTW its awesome!!! But I'd love to see those textures in a clear way :(

I guess it will be released in high resolution after about five days when the issue got out

I downloaded the video from the link that the guy before my post provided, but it freezes after like 8 secs altho the sound still continues. does this happen to anyone else???

nope, works fine

wish there was a translation though...

Seth064 said:
I downloaded the video from the link that the guy before my post provided, but it freezes after like 8 secs altho the sound still continues. does this happen to anyone else???

Download xVid.

If you can't find it, Google(r) it.

Farfege said:
isn't the movie on a DVD, so can't we get a good rip of the movie?

thats what I thought... ;x

I'm tired of these shitty quality videos ;p .. bring on the dvd version!

Back