New Interview with Gabe Newell

Apos

Tank
Reaction score
HL2 Online Source has posted a recent interview with Gabe Newell. It includes some interesting new technical information, a few clues about the monsters in the game, and a neat comment about the flexibility of weather effects:
Weather gets more interesting when you start tying it to game logic and physics - for example one of the developers built a mini-tornado that not only looked like a tornado, it would push the player around, and pick up everything that was light enough and swirl it around.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'd like to live and see that tornado thing................

didnt nolf 2 have a tornado also that did the same exact thing...but i think that may have been scripted. id like to see underwater effects...like a whirlpool or somthin heh

Gabe Newell: Do not shoot the G-Man. Bad bad idea.

After reading that, who's going to immediately shoot the G-Man when they get the game? I know I am.

Yeah, me wants SDK info...

But Gabe is kind of funny... The last answers are typical Gabe :)
Gabe Newell: How come no one ever asks about hedgehogs. Hedgehogs are pretty darn cute if you ask me, and they eat slugs, which in the Pacific Northwest is a total bonus feature.
Hell, that's even sig material :p

Gabe is funky little clown, isn't he? ;)
Humour is good dodging technique if it comes to "can't-tell-anything-yet". :cheese:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gabe Newell: How come no one ever asks about hedgehogs. Hedgehogs are pretty darn cute if you ask me, and they eat slugs, which in the Pacific Northwest is a total bonus feature.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the interview with my mod team for more information about hedgehogs and HL2 :p

It looks like the ichthyosaur will definately be in again! Yay!

Mic

Originally posted by Miculus
It looks like the ichthyosaur will definately be in again! Yay!

Mic
Let's hope they're less unpleasant than in HL1. Those things gave me the goose bunps! q|ô_Ô|p

Originally posted by x84D80Yx
didnt nolf 2 have a tornado also that did the same exact thing...but i think that may have been scripted. id like to see underwater effects...like a whirlpool or somthin heh

Yeah, that was all scripted, but still cool. Anways, good interview. Thanks for the link. :cheers:

Back