New Nintendo Console @ E3

I think the price of this breach is not as great as people think it will be, class action lawsuits like this never seem to go anywhere. Identity theft from corporate fumbling is usually viewed as unavoidable by people at large. They just blame the faceless thieves that probably wont be found and shred their cards. This is why I dont give either console ANY number, prepaid cards are what its all about, the only two entertainment companies that have my information are GOG, Steam and Amazon, and come to think of it I havent given Steam my new card number either

Will preorder this one when I can, console sounds very interesting!

I'll be surprised if Sony can even afford to produce another console, let alone regain enough consumer trust for it to be fiscally viable. And Microsoft will probably be happy to coast on their nickel-and-dime extortion scheme without a real competitor, until the new Nintendo system starts intruding on their sales.
- New Nintendo system does moderate in the market; moves towards almost total support of handhelds vs. home consoles
- Microsoft continues their 10 year plan as they become the dominant platform
- Sony never regains consumer trust; drops out of the console race
- As Nintendo and Sony falter, Sega rejoins the console market to challenge Microsoft with a console based off PC architecture

A man can dream.

- Sega dubs new console the Dreamcast 2.
- Dreamcast 2 becomes self aware.
- Human race wiped out.
- Rise of the ninja Marmot people.

On the other hand, Nintendo's E3 panel will certainly be worth watching this year.

- New Nintendo system does moderate in the market; moves towards almost total support of handhelds vs. home consoles
- Microsoft continues their 10 year plan as they become the dominant platform
- Sony never regains consumer trust; drops out of the console race
- As Nintendo and Sony falter, Sega rejoins the console market to challenge Microsoft with a console based off PC architecture

A man can dream.
It's like Gohan vs Cell!

- Sega dubs new console the Dreamcast 2.
- Dreamcast 2 becomes self aware.
- Human race wiped out.
- Rise of the ninja Marmot people.

On the other hand, Nintendo's E3 panel will certainly be worth watching this year.

Am I the only one who finds Iwata unwatchable? They keep wheeling him out too

3 "ifs"... If the console is significantly more powerful than the PS3 and 360. If the online is finally right. If the third party support is there.

It will cause big problems for Sony and MS. IMO, if those 3 "ifs" are reality come E3, it will slow sales for Sony and MS and force them to do something they don't want to do...release another console 2-4 years before they said they would. At this point the rumors are suggesting that those three "ifs" are exactly what Nintendo is pursuing.

I think this is a much bigger problem for Sony than MS. If MS comes with another console to match the new Nintendo...you'd have a two console race for 2-3 years before Sony releases something new. I'm not sure Sony can/wants to produce a new console at this point. And I'm not sure how a new Nintendo and XBox wouldn't put a huge dent in PS3 sales.

Should be interesting to say the least.

Back