New processor came today.

• Thread starter Mr.Magnetichead
  • Start date
Some of u guys here relly need to take a look at some tests:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1783&p=1

And btw, im not a Intel or AMD fanboy. I just buy what i think is most worth the money, and atm i find the AMDs most worth my money in my budget position. If i did have a bigger budget i would go with Intel. It's all about what u can afford.

Originally posted by nmiken
yeh, if can afford Intel, get Intel, if you can't get AMD.

No need, just get an iNTEL P4C 2.4GHz and overclock to 3-3.2 GHz (with stock cooling). You'll also be able to have a 1GHz+ FSB! Granted you will need to spend some ca$h on the memory (PC3700-4000). This setup will even beat a stock P4C 3.2 due to the increase in CPU to memory bandwidth.

Originally posted by Radeon
Some of u guys here relly need to take a look at some tests:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1783&p=1

And btw, im not a Intel or AMD fanboy. I just buy what i think is most worth the money, and atm i find the AMDs most worth my money in my budget position. If i did have a bigger budget i would go with Intel. It's all about what u can afford.

Funny how those tests don't include any of the C version p4's which is what we are arguing about there

Originally posted by SpuD
Wouldnt this make you a "Intel fanboy"?

No because i buy and use both if i was an Intel fanboi id only use intel which i dont because of Intels cost. k thx bye.

I'll give my thoughts to this thread in two versions:

This one is more on the same level of most people here:
Everyone stfu mmmmkay?

And this one should really be taken into consideration if you have any maturity or intelligence at all:
There's a thing in life called fact and opinion.

FACT: The buttons on this forum are orange
OPINION: The buttons on this forum suck

FACT: Arguing over the internet has no merits and make all people involved look immature
OPINION: Intel rocks

FACT: My avatar is a small picture of G-Man
OPINION: AMD rocks

FACT: Neither Intel or AMD rock or suck because at the end of the day it's down to everyone's personal opinion whether you like nVIDIA/ATi, Doom3/HL2, Intel/AMD - you'll never agree so why bother arguing about it? Over the internet of all places :rolleyes:
OPINION: You all suck.

Originally posted by nmiken
now, thats what I call Proof, the facts have been shown people the New Intel Processors are faster tha AMD's new processors.... and I'm an AMD man. but I'll be trying an Intel system soon. AMD has gone downhill with their newest processors...

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, NOBODY IS DISPUTING INTEL'S LEAD ON THE TOP END

we all know that they have the lead in the 3GHz or 3000 and up area, it's the 2500 and 2800 that are in dispute

Originally posted by Doobz
Mr. Magnetichead, give me links to facts that a 2.8c P4 beats a 3200+ and i'll believe it, but right now, that' rediculous, i mean, even intel fanboys have to give the AMD 3200+ a lead over the 2.8c, and ever gaming and synthetic benchmark i've seen has said the opposite, that the 3200+ outclasses the 2.8c P4

2.8C ownz the hell out of a 3200+ and its cheaper. I have seen atleast 10 benchmarks proving this. Yes of games. Im not gonna go find them for you they are just too easy to find.

Can anyone comment on the 2800+ and the 2.8c? which is better for those 2? im just curious because im getting an Athlon xp 2800+

and no im not going to change it because the difference would probly be minimal if there even was one.

dude... ridic. The 2.8c beats anything the athllon has out. Even their 3200+. OFCOURSE IT beats the 2800+.

But in terms of price the 2.8c is like 260 bux,

/me goes back into the room.

Hmm i suggest some glasses for ya, bud. 2.8C on newegg= $270 retail

/me steps out *again* :dozey:

Should have added i was talking about the 2.6c whoops, it can be oc'ed to 2.8 no problems with retail hsf.

and if you like AMD you can get a 2500+ from newegg for $90 and easily overclock it to a 3200+

Originally posted by reever2
Funny how those tests don't include any of the C version p4's which is what we are arguing about there

Actaully..everyone one of those articles i pointed out....was based on the 3.2

....witch is based on the "C" ....centrino? canterwood? ...i cant remember the name ATM......

From what I've seen in the reviews the Intel is better for gaming.

[QUOTE = Spud]
Wouldnt this make you a "Intel fanboy"?

I wish i had mod access to this section, I would close this thread.

* SpuD leaves the room

Edit isn't working. I messed up on quote text :/

I thought this section was to fight about AMD and Intel thats in the description.

heh i have a 2500+ overclocked(200x11) it posts as a 3200+, the only difference is mine was $90.

Originally posted by KiNG
heh i have a 2500+ overclocked(200x11) it posts as a 3200+, the only difference is mine was $90.

you know what your doing :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

seriuosly ..read some of those reveiws.....amd just cant compete in the highend market anymore......

a 2.4c can be overclocked on stock cooling and beat a 3200+....thats pretty ****ing sad

Originally posted by crabcakes66
Actaully..everyone one of those articles i pointed out....was based on the 3.2

....witch is based on the "C" ....centrino? canterwood? ...i cant remember the name ATM......

Umm i wasnt talking to you....

maybe, but what are the temps on that thing under load?

Back