New screenshot?

its fake, the shadow is off, the background textures are from rainbow six 3, the wheels are sinking into the ground, etc..etc..

EDIT: Well Ill be damned. That thing proving that its real is quite convincing. I guess we'll have to find out at 12 EST tonight.

well, look at the buggy, it's different than the one from E3, which (this may sound odd) makes me believe it's real. I remember Gabe said that they were going to modify the buggy to cut down on polygons shortly after E3. Could this be the modified version.

i dunno, it might be fake, but theres a strong possibility that its legit, i've never seen it before, and considering the shortage of screenies we've seen from hl2, if it was actual released one we would've seen it :eek: ;(

thats a fake ther was some screenshot of it showing all the fake parts, like shadows, textures lightin and shit like that

The ammo box in the lower right is too small, the ammo indicators around the crosshairs are missing, anf the rocket launcer is akwardly positioned. (look at it in the e3 video)

Wait a sec... do we acctually have any high quality pictures of the rocket launcher? Mayb thats also a replica?

Would somebody make an excellent replica of the buggy just for 1 fake screenshot??

I think not

Originally posted by SnowBall
Wait a sec... do we acctually have any high quality pictures of the rocket launcher? Mayb thats also a replica?

no, we only have the e3 poop.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Would somebody make an excellent replica of the buggy just for 1 fake screenshot??

I think not
U might be supprised... but im really starting to not like this....

Originally posted by SnowBall
U might be supprised... but im really starting to not like this....

Seriously, it probably took at least a couple of days to do that. Unless they started before the leak news, it would be impossible.

no one noticed that the E3 buggy had a red hood and this one didn't? That alone makes me think it's real. Gabe said the buggy model was being changed to cut down on poly counts.

that cant be real then... if that is half life 2 then it looks like shit... even for beta... doom 3 looked sick in alpha and beta is even more

Seriously, it probably took at least a couple of days to do that. Unless they started before the leak news, it would be impossible.

Do you think there is a big coverup trying to come together? Valve and Friends are doing everything in their power to keep the beta from the public?

1. I recognize nothing that looks like true normal mapping in the screenshot....

2. Hmmmm metal in that screenshot that has only little rust on it has no shine...

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
Do you think there is a big coverup trying to come together? Valve and Friends are doing everything in their power to keep the beta from the public?

I dunno, but if that guy has it why isn't it on the web everywhere?

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil

I don't know .. I'm just inclined to believe that that buggy model WAS made by Valve. Doesn't really mean anything as far as beta is concerned.

An absence of normal mapping may just mean that the guy running it didn't have a dx9 card.

I don't know .. I'm just inclined to believe that that buggy model WAS made by Valve. Doesn't really mean anything as far as beta is concerned.

Maybe a little more than the source was stolen?

well supposed that the argument with the weird shadows on the screeny was real.. wasn't that a bug that was gonna be fixed? they said they would, and if they hadn't had it fixed already then something's up, cause this would've been stolen recently meaning that it would've been fixed at time of download, so perhaps this was done intentionally to fool us

Well lemme tell u this much, no WAY I'm DLing that so-called beta. I'll wake up to see the FBI at my door. Heh

Back