New Star Wars :Clone Wars movie, tv series

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.

Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

20080212_1_bg.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

The first in a planned series of special web-only documentaries that chronicle the development of Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuts online today

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/623.html

on a completely unrelated note ..check out the name of the person who was arrested after a police chase

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080208/NEWS05/80208042

:LOL:

There's a trailer somewhere, and this could be cool, but I think I'll like the cartoon better.

ah, it's at the bottom of the page in the second link. "sneak peek".

They were all CG. This is just 3D CG.

I'm quite excited about this. Ever since I saw the Stormtrooper chick painted on the LAAT in the trailer.

all (modern) animation is cg even hand drawn ones ..I doubt few studios still use the page flip/light table method anymore

Clone Wars made Grievous so kick-ass, but then in EP3 he just sucked. 'twas so disappointing.

Wasn't that because Mace Windu ****ed him up a bit at the end of the series?

Mace Window wasn't the reason Greivous is biomechanical.

Anyways, this might be good, but I am so tired of clone war related stuff, lets get into the Empire damnit.

I am more interested in the live action minseries comming out in 2009. I guess the kid who played Boba Fett in Ep.2 is playing him as well in the series, never realized how old he really is.
Also, the guy who has always played C-3P0 will be in it.

Wasn't that because Mace Windu ****ed him up a bit at the end of the series?
Yeah, but it was still really annoying. Obi and Grievous could have had a really cool battle, but Grievous is just shit due to his crushed lungs.

Mace Window wasn't the reason Greivous is biomechanical.
I know that, Mace Windu ****ed up his mechanical parts.
Yeah, but it was still really annoying. Obi and Grievous could have had a really cool battle, but Grievous is just shit due to his crushed lungs.

True, but Mace Windu using Force Crush is pretty awesome too.

I know that, Mace Windu ****ed up his mechanical parts.

True, but Mace Windu using Force Crush is pretty awesome too.

I never knew about that, I didn't even know Jedi's were allowed to use force crush. All I knew is that Grevous' original body destruction was done by some explosion secretly planned out by the separatists and the Emperor but blaimed on the Republic, something really weird like that.

I was really hoping for the TV series to go into the 30-year period between Revenge and A New Hope. And I thought it was going to be live action. Disappointment. :( At least we get more Asajj Ventress.

Zombieturtle said:
I didn't even know Jedi's were allowed to use force crush.
They can, but most often don't, because it's a violent action. Mace Windu's always walked a very fine line between the light and the dark side, so he uses things like force crush and a fighting style similar to the Sith form Juyo.

Damnit people! Somebody animate the Thrawn Trilogy already!

Ah, whatever, I guess I'm happy with this.

People. There are two series. One is live-action. One is animated. The live-action series is between RotS and ANH, and focuses on bounty hunters or something like that. The animated series is about the Clone Wars.

So they're still doing that? Excellent. That's what I wanna see.

The Clone Wars series comes out this year, I think. Next year, we'll see the live action series.

Back