New Steam Client Beta Adds Downloading Rate Limiting

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people have been wanting this one for a while. A new Steam client beta update adds an option to limit the rate at which games are downloaded. This should help with cases where Steam hogs a user's bandwidth and prevents them from using other internet services while downloading games with Steam. To opt into the beta look for the beta participation section in the Account tab of your Steam settings. Once you've downloaded the beta the limiter setting can be found in Settings -> Downloads and lets you set limits between 128 Kbps and 250 Mbps or no limit at all.

...cases were Steam...
To opt into to beta...
edit: you're welcome riom! <3

This is a nice feature.

This is one of my favourite things Valve have ever done. Seriously.

well done valve, well done.

approval.gif

I don't know about everyone else, but after this beta started, my steam client has become completely unresponsive. It freezes for 20 or 30 seconds every time I click anywhere on a Steam window.
I just had to opt out of the beta. Another friend told me she was having the same problem...

Slowbro is slow to respond to this thread, but I just wanted to say I'm also extremely happy about this change. Steam can finally stop being the butt of our gaming group's jokes when we're getting lag.

Back