New Super 8 Trailer

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
There is a new trailer which has been released as a TV spot for the Super Bowl. Looks like its going to be a new 'Small Town America' film that Spielberg was famous for before he became producer. Should be interesting to see how well JJ Abrams directs this summer flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1CzuaFQ87M

So what do you think the monster will be revealed as? An Alien? Cloverfield? the Sugar Puff Monster?

I've also found some infromation that has been released about the movie
http://screenrant.com/jj-abrams-super-8-movie-sandy-100292/

Huh. The music gave it less of a scifi/horror vibe and more of an E.T./Jurassic Park vibe. Still can't wait to see this.

I'm thinking an alien or some kind of experiment based on what the initial teaser gave. Clover I think is way out of the question, since they still haven't really moved forward on any other material for the Cloverfield universe yet.

Yeah, the music's grand adventure vibe definitely mixed strangely with the mildly horrific footage. This looks pretty interesting.

Huh. The music gave it less of a scifi/horror vibe and more of an E.T./Jurassic Park vibe. Still can't wait to see this.
My thoughts exactly on the music, but I'm guessing this isn't the last trailer before release. The Cinematic trailer is usually a minute and a half with a bit more dialogue

Classic Spielberg setting combines with Abrams lens-flare and CG-spectacle? I'm honestly excited.

Looks interesting. One of the youtube comments sugested that this might be a story similar to that of the Iron Giant, and judging by the music and imagery I agree.

Intriguing.

Though I really hope JJ doesn't get pigeonholed into being "that monster guy" in the same way M. Night is "that twist guy."

Then again M. Night is more like "that horrible director guy" nowadays.

The telekinesis stuff makes it an alien, the moppet makes it suck

new trailer

looks good. as someone on another forum said that caught my eye, i'll happily take this summer blockbuster over a comic superhero blockbuster or something similar.

Looks very good. I'm actually kind of surprised that Steven Spielberg isn't the one directing this, because it sure looks like his style.
Can't wait, hope it doesn't dissapoint.

Looks good. It would look like a Spielberg film if there weren't so many explosions and some weird, strong monster guy.

has a close encounters of the 3rd kind vibe and I like it

Testing? What the christ happened to the post I made here last night.

why arent there more posts about how excellent this movie was?

it was so very excellent I am ashamed of all of you.

Back