New Super Mario Bros on the DS has the worst tease ending ever *SPOILERS*

Slacker

Reaction score
Ok, so World 8, you get to the big castle. You go in, you fight the Skelatel Bowser, you kill him. Game over, right? WRONG! Instead, the world EXPANDS because of some weird explosion, and they give you a whole other section of the world, this one over twice as big as the first one.

**** that. That's the biggest ****tease ever. Is there anyone who would actually enjoy that?

That actually sounds really awesome. I'd rather have a game is longer than you expected due to a mini plot twist than have it shortened unexpectedly by something.

That is...assuming the game is still fun to play.

So you're complaining that you are getting more time out of a game that you paid for?

So you're complaining that you are getting more time out of a game that you paid for?

Yes, because the last world isn't even fun, it's just a serires of ridicously difficult stages. Plus, you can get the save-anywhere option when you beat the final boss, which would be nice for unlocking bonuses.

That does sound awesome...

I'd rather have the game surprise me and give me more playtime, than surprise me and cut the game out from under me (perhaps have an unexpected plot twist that ends the game suddenly right as it was getting good)

Yes, because the last world isn't even fun, it's just a serires of ridicously difficult stages. Plus, you can get the save-anywhere option when you beat the final boss, which would be nice for unlocking bonuses.

Hard? The new Super Mario game has like 2 stages that are Hard and they arnt on world 8. One of the easiest games i have played. I got most Stars 1st pass around, 1st time i played each level.

Fun game tho.

Super Mario Bros. on the NES was 10x harder than this game.

Yeah, don't complain about this. Its pretty standard for bosses to have various forms that might fly away and you fight them later anyway--its always going on in games. My least favorite of which was the first time I beat COunt Dracula in Castlevania with only like a bar of health left only to find out he had another HUGE form! Ugh...that was tough.

Yeah, don't complain about this. Its pretty standard for bosses to have various forms that might fly away and you fight them later anyway--its always going on in games. My least favorite of which was the first time I beat COunt Dracula in Castlevania with only like a bar of health left only to find out he had another HUGE form! Ugh...that was tough.

Well, I'll admit I liked Dawn of Sorrow's method of saying "hey, you can end the game here, but you can go on for another hour or so too and fight an even harder boss." I wish Mario DS would have done that, mainly for the reason that DAMNIT I WANT TO SAVE WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND FIVE DAMN BIG COINS.

Not really. Super Mario Bros. is only harder due to less precise controls and weird physics. After playing it for a couple of months I had no trouble rushing right through it.

I hope you didn't use any of those warp points. :monkee:

I always thought the controls were fine in Mario Bros. Simple and effective. I found it hard just because of certain levels (i.e. the final castle).

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether I should buy NSMB. :|
One one hand, most people say it's great. But on the other hand, I was a bit underwhelmed with a brief hands-on last week.

I was hoping for a game which brings together all the best moves from Mario's past, resulting in fluid and freeform gameplay. And fair enough, the wall jump (<3) and triple-jump are back. But where's my backflip and reverse-flip from SM64? Hell, they could even have included the handstand and high-jump from the Gameboy Donkey Kong.
And what's with not being able to throw shells upwards anymore? Bah.

I guess they were trying to stay true to the original SMB. Shame, because I always prefered the feel of Mario's later games.

Anyway... as someone who already owns rather a lot of Mario games, is NSMB "New!" enough to blow a wad on? :|

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether I should buy NSMB. :|
One one hand, most people say it's great. But on the other hand, I was a bit underwhelmed with a brief hands-on last week.

I was hoping for a game which brings together all the best moves from Mario's past, resulting in fluid and freeform gameplay. And fair enough, the wall jump (<3) and triple-jump are back. But where's my backflip and reverse-flip from SM64? Hell, they could even have included the handstand and high-jump from the Gameboy Donkey Kong.
And what's with not being able to throw shells upwards anymore? Bah.

I guess they were trying to stay true to the original SMB. Shame, because I always prefered the feel of Mario's later games.

Anyway... as someone who already owns rather a lot of Mario games, is NSMB "New!" enough to blow a wad on? :|

Don't get me wrong, it's a really really really fun game, I'm just really awful at platform games, so that ruins it a bit for me.

And there's no denying that the save system is ****ing stupid.

I don't like Level 7. :x I seem to have reached a dead end where three levels just go round in a circle and I can't get to the castle. It's the only world I haven't done and it pisses me awf.

Back