New Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source Updates Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
A new Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source updates have been released.
  • Sticky bombs now get a reduced close range damage ramp up (like Rocket Launcher & Syringe Gun)
  • Ultimately reduces damage done by sticky bombs to enemies <512 units from the Demoman
  • Moved the unlockable system over to the new item backend:
  • Added a warning dialog to the loadout screen telling clients when the server they're on could not get their loadout
  • Made "tf_damage_disablespread" a replicated convar, so clients can see the value of it on the server they're connected to
  • Renamed "mp_stalemate_at_timelimit" to "mp_match_end_at_timelimit", to better explain its function now that stalemate is optional
  • Fixed muzzle flashes & shell ejections still playing when viewmodels are hidden
  • Server tags can now be used to include or exclude servers from the list

Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source
  • Protected several more commands from client exploitation

Man, they're really sticking it to the demoman. ZOMG VALVE IS RACIST!!!111 Naw, probably for the best. All classes should be equal.

I'm confused about the "unlockable system" update and what it means.

Nothing really, its just changing how they handle the unlocks without any difference in the way you use them. Not worth caring about, tbh.

goddanmit Valve wtf are you doing!?

why do they keep nerfing the demoman and in all the wrong ways? first making stickies destructible and now this?

all the demoman ever needed was being unable to detonate stickies while they were in the air to prevent him from using the sticky-launcher as a better and more versatile rocketlauncher.

A new Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source updates have been released.

[*]Sticky bombs now get a reduced close range damage ramp up (like Rocket Launcher & Syringe Gun)
[*]Ultimately reduces damage done by sticky bombs to enemies <512 units from the Demoman

So the stickies do less damage when the demoman is closer to them? Was this true before?

Oh haha! That is all I have to say to the sticky-nerf. :D

They keep nerfing the classes. By doing that, they are just reducing the fun factor. It used to be fun, fast paced and chaotic. Whether i killed or got killed. It did not matter. It produced lots of lulz either way.
Now, not so much.
I have completely lost interest in the game months ago. They seem to be gimping the classes to please the competitive folks out there.
You got Counter Strike for that shit.

Cant say I am complaining, demoman was always a bit too easy mode even for TF2.

They keep nerfing the classes. By doing that, they are just reducing the fun factor.

You're 100% correct. Being killed by a sticky bomb being thrown at you from a couple of feet away without any chance of moving was fun especially when the defensive team had about 3 demomen all spamming the crap out of all the possible entrances to an area. :dozey:

As much as I love the demoman and think this was a bit of a dumb way to balance him, he needed to be nerfed somehow.

I'd much prefer the damage to be based on time than distance.

Agreed, dumb way to nerf him.

But wait, the Demoman also cannot be launched as far thusly, right? That pisses me off more than just reduced damage.

Valve keep ruining this game, this update and the last update both make the game worse.

Valve keep ruining this game, this update and the last update both make the game worse.

Why are they ruining it? The Soldier has had loads more nerfs and it's only fair that the Demoman should get some. It's quite annoying having Demomen using Stickys on you at close range and they receive minimal damage while if i use my rocket launcher at close range i take shit loads of damage.I would have preferred a better way of nerfing them then what they've done here.

*Arms on hips* Increase spy speed I say.

I think they also changed some steam ID's, ones starting with 0_0_

:/

No. They didn't changed anything.
0:#:####### - before update
1:#:####### - now

Now it's just like in L4D.

Instead of reducing damage they should have changed the way Demoman deploys his bombs. They could take the technique used with the Sniper where his shot does more damage the longer it is in zoomed in and do something similar with the bombs. The longer the bomb stays deployed on the surface the more damage they will do. Obviously make this short like 2 seconds but this would help prevent the annoying problem of being killed by a single sticky bomb at close range when trying to attack.

Increased spy speed would not be good, I say!

Agreed. I feel like a prat chasing after Pyros and Medics trying to backstab them.

WRONG! Leave it the way it is. Last thing we need are spies running around and stabbing everyone. Your only suppose to back stab your opponent when they are not moving.

I'm on your side of this argument but that is not correct at all.

Back