New Weapon Info (HL2.net update time)

Reaction score
The other day I was looking at some of the information section on HalfLife2.net and noticed that we have a lot more stuff to add: particularly the Allies, Enemies, and Weapons sections. It may also be nice to add a vehicles section.

Now in order to prevent this thread from becoming a huge mess very quickly, we’ll focus on weapons first. I’ll start topics for enemies and allies in 2-3 days, but for now, lets focus on weapons. Use skyblue to indicate additional information. I'll get this started...

???? Rifle
The HUD icon has the word rifle on it, but I’m not sure what it is called.

In the tunnels Video, the weapon launches some sort of flare (uses 1 unit of energy) which seems to be efficient at burning things.

In the E3 2004 video it launches some sort of energy projectile (uses 20 energy) which evaporates enemies. It appears to bounce off of objects. It may track onto new targets when it bounces, but I’m not sure of that [/I](it somehow hit two combine twice in a row…coincidence?)[/I]

(note attached images)
----------------------------------
[SARCASM]I already know some of this has already been discussed, but might as well get it all in the same location. There are weapons that need to be updated and weapons that need to be added. Some weapons need info, other’s need screenshots.[/SARCASM]

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 878
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 736
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 676
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 680
Here's some more weapons for the rest of you to describe.

crs002.jpg: Crossbow with scope
er01 & er02.jpg: Energy rifle (of some sort) on water craft.
pistol201.jpg: Looks like a luger or something (I don't know what I'm talking about).
pistol01.jpg: Should be obvious, but the name escapes me.

Attachments

• crs002.jpg
    crs002.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 879
  • er01.jpg
    er01.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 707
  • er02.jpg
    er02.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 647
  • pisto2l01.jpg
    pisto2l01.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 708
  • pistol01.jpg
    pistol01.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 660
Shot02 & Shot03.jpg: 2 different shotguns
Unk01 & Unk02 & Unk03: Some weapon.

Attachments

• shot02.jpg
    shot02.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 621
  • shotg03.jpg
    shotg03.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 574
  • unk01.jpg
    unk01.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 663
  • unk02.jpg
    unk02.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 651
  • unk03.jpg
    unk03.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 589
The weapons father gregory is holding is a remington i think

shock01 & Shock02.jpg: A stun / shock stick.
New01: A new gun?
Shot04: A third shotgun??? (maybe?)

Attachments

• shock01.jpg
    shock01.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 536
  • shock02.jpg
    shock02.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 484
  • new01.jpg
    new01.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 618
  • Shot04.jpg
    Shot04.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 586
The new1.jpg in your final post is just the PDW
Shot04.jpg appears to be the same shotgun we have been seeing for ages

unk01.jpg
unk02.jpg
unk03.jpg
These all appear to be the "I-Rifle"

The 001.jpg is a Flare Launcher, and the pistol01.jpg is the magnum.

Play4Fun said:
this one = this one
I think Unk01-03 are just third-person views of the weird flare/energy/disintegrator gun.
I don't think so. They look very different.

Edit: They don't fire the same also. Check out the new strider videos for proof.

I think Unk01-03 are just third-person views of the weird flare/energy/disintegrator gun.

phantomdesign said:
I don't think so. They look very different.

Edit: They don't fire the same also.

Its just from a different angle, they look very much the same to me :farmer:

Aye the section will be updated tonight I'm working on redeveloping every page to fit a new template system first :) The first weapon you highlighted is the Incendiary Rifle which is already on our weapons page.

your second post

crs002.jpg - Good eye, never seen that :)
er01.jpg - Can't make out what it is
er02.jpg - Guass cannon in our listing
pisto2l01.jpg - Looks like the USP Match we have in the weapons section
pistol01.jpg - That's the .357 Magnum in our weapons section

your third post

shot02.jpg - Father Grigory's shotgun but it wont be usable in-game
shotg03.jpg - SPAS-12 in our weapons list
unk01.jpg - Incendiary Rifle
unk02.jpg - Incendiary Rifle
unk03.jpg - Incendiary Rifle

your fourth post

shock01.jpg - Stun baton, it's on our new page
shock02.jpg - Stun baton, it's on our new page
new01.jpg - H&K MP-7 PDW in our weapons list atm
Shot04.jpg - SPAS-12 again :)

So, the only new weapon I see is the crosbow which I didn't know about :) Bloody good eye, I'll add it to our listings, thanks :)

I assume Father Grigori's shotgun is just a replacement model for the Spas12 anyway :rolleyes:

Well among them firing different projectiles, here's some proof. (attachment)

More evidence.
For the weapon on the left, check out the 2 new strider videos. For the weapon on the right, check out 2003 tunnels video and the 2004 video where the road gets blocked.

I thought they were the same at first too until I saw them shooting.

Guass cannon in our listing
Compare the gun on the floating propeller craft (e3 2004 chase) to the gun on the buggy. They're quite different. The Gauss either charges up or fires a shock. The watercraft fires some sort of blue-ish projectile.

EDIT: Forgot attachment.

Attachments

• compare01.jpg
    compare01.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 547
phantomdesign said:
shock01 & Shock02.jpg: A stun / shock stick.
New01: A new gun?
Shot04: A third shotgun??? (maybe?)

Are u kidding me?! this one is a new gun?! ITS THE H&K MP-7 PDW!!! :rolling:

as for the Shotgun, its the same Shotgun we saw in last year's E3 only at a Third Person view... :rolleyes:

I think it's clear that I was wrong about New01 anbd Shot04. I had questionmarks because I wasn't sure.

Duracell said:
I assume Father Grigori's shotgun is just a replacement model for the Spas12 anyway :rolleyes:

No, it's not. It's an entirely different gun.

Aye the section will be updated tonight I'm working on redeveloping every page to fit a new template system first The first weapon you highlighted is the Incendiary Rifle which is already on our weapons page.
True, but it needs an update description from when I last checked. :)

BTW Munro, I just wanted to say this site rocks!!! (as if you didn't know that ;) )

Duracell said:

It`s a remington dont look like a shotgun, must be some old weapon.

phantomdesign said:
Compare the gun on the floating propeller craft (e3 2004 chase) to the gun on the buggy. They're quite different. The Gauss either charges up or fires a shock. The watercraft fires some sort of blue-ish projectile.

Whooops, sorry I thought it was a picture of the buggy :p It's quite hard to make out the details in the video ;( I'm not sure what that weapon is yet it's unlike anything else in the game.

phantomdesign said:
BTW Munro, I just wanted to say this site rocks!!! (as if you didn't know that ;) )

Aww, thanks :D

It looks like we can add crossbow, Watercraft-Energy-Machinegun, and the stun baton.

I just need to convince people about these weapons...that the weapon on the left is new. Just watch the new strider videos people! :)

phantomdesign said:
Well among them firing different projectiles, here's some proof. (attachment)

More evidence.
For the weapon on the left, check out the 2 new strider videos. For the weapon on the right, check out 2003 tunnels video and the 2004 video where the road gets blocked.

I thought they were the same at first too until I saw them shooting.

EDIT: Forgot attachment.

That thing, that is missed on the left picture is something from the background and not part of the the weapon^^

phantomdesign said:
It looks like we can add crossbow, Watercraft-Energy-Machinegun, and the stun baton.

I just need to convince people about these weapons...that the weapon on the left is new. Just watch the new strider videos people! :)

It could just be a difference between the V and P models, you know. Because other than that little bit that sticks out, they're incredibly similar.

phantomdesign said:

I'll watch it again :) but I still think its the same weapon :p

Sorry, i was wrong...
This weapon comparison is wrong.

It looks for the wrong thing. It's just a little tricky with the viewing angle.
You see, it's some kind of shield, mounted on the right site of the gun.

-e-
so it's the same gun.

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 401
This is nitpicking, but the MP-7 is actually "MP7A1," and H&K's website doesn't say that it is a personal defence weapon. They do have a MP5K-PDW, though.

Abom said:
It could just be a difference between the V and P models, you know. Because other than that little bit that sticks out, they're incredibly similar.

I agree. That semi-circular flange that sticks out the right-hand side is the giveaway. That they appear to fire differently in the strider portions of the new clips means nothing given the way the weapons inventory is messed up (ie., like the OICW grenades being flung out of the PDW) -- it's just a placeholder p_model while they add some heavy machine gun perhaps, ala Shepard's Minimi.

• Father Grigory's rifle/shotgun could be one of those very ornate old C19th guns the Russians really go in for: with all the fancy scrollwork and so forth. Doubt if Gordon will get his grubby HEV-suited mitts on it.
  • The gun on the hovercraft is meant to be some kind of .50 cal thing from what I can see (looks like a slimmed-down Browning M2) -- those are supposed to be bullets coming out of it (tracer), not energy beams. It is missing the ammobox though (unless that paintball gun gravity-style feed is it).

I dunno what do say... they look the same but their shots look different :\

I agree with the Vehicles section, that wuld be good. (even though we only have 2 atm)

Father G's gun looks like a sprused up winchester rifle imo

And as for the stun baton , has it been put on the weapons section coz i cant see it

I'd just thought i'd ask this here rather then start a new thread on it. Does anyone here care that most of the guns from the first game are in this one as well?

phantomdesign said:

You can tell pretty easily that they're the same gun looking at the inventory HUD.

Attachments

• samegun.jpg
    samegun.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 336
Sparta said:
I'd just thought i'd ask this here rather then start a new thread on it. Does anyone here care that most of the guns from the first game are in this one as well?

I like the old ones. There are probably going to be a lot of new ones as well.

Brian Damage said:
I like the old ones. There are probably going to be a lot of new ones as well.
not a lot.. but more then 3 thats for sure ;)

Play4Fun said:
u know... I saw it somewhere... :stare:

You think the leak's going to have every single weapon included in it? Dream on.

Back