Newb 360 Question

Fishlore

Tank
Reaction score
What do you guys use to connect your 360 to a wireless router? Sorry for the stupid question, it's my friend's 360 and he's a newb and doesn't live near me.

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. Sorry for the dumb question.

Dumb choice you mean.

Lol xbox 360 fan boy. My Wii will crush your wee wee; and otherwise manhood.

Yeah even the Wii has built-in wireless... kinda fked up the 360 doesn't come with it.

Can't you use a wireless ethernet bridge and program the port/ip settings manually for like $35?

there are alternatives for about $40. i forgot the site but they're worth it because my friend uses one

If you have a laptop, you can just bridge the connection through it, though it does make a bit of lag. You can use the original Xbox's adapter which is very cheap.

Yes you can use an ethernet bridge, and you can also use a normal cable because even if it is a wireless router it should still have a switch with standard network ports (you didnt state if it HAD to be wireless connection, only that the router was).

I have the same problem, as my wireless router is outside. I would just use a cable, but that's too far and I don't want to be drilling holes.

Also, wii sucks, and ps3 has no gaemz

That was the main thing I was happy about when I got the PS3. I didn't know it had built in wireless, so when I was setting it all up, I had plans on where to route the cables. To my surprise, thankfully, I saw the wireless selection. YAY.

Yeah my computer is heavy as hell too. It could crush a foot if dropped. Suck it consoles.

Buy a cheap linksys router and put dd-wrt on it, use it as a wireless bridge.

Back