Next big PC title?

U

unpronounceable

Love love love HL2, but are we going to have to wait until Valve releases theior next project to have that kind of experience again? What is there to look forward to? I just can't get excited about Quake 4 now...

its the only one...stalker looks like its going to suck, but fear looks very cool

Why will Stalker suck? Yes - it is very ambitious, but so was HL1 when it was released...

Spaz_McNasty said:
its the only one...stalker looks like its going to suck, but fear looks very cool

Well, your right about STALKER. My roommate playtests for THQ and says it is really not fun. The presentation I saw at E3 turned me off to it also. Going to try to find some vids of FEAR now...

Hmm yeah that stalker video showing a stampede of mutated pigs and cows looked ridiculous.

FEAR i don't know, i don't really like any of Monoliths other games. AVP2 was ok and i didn't really enjoy the NOLF games though they have a large fanbase. There won't be anything as big as hl2 for a long time.

FEAR probably, Monolith definitely knows how to do a great FPS.

STALKER fails to impress me, apart from the graphics, the developers do to much talkie talkie, but fail to show it.

But honestly, I'm only looking forward to a possible HL2 expansion done by Valve, which is sorta sad because the only game I'm looking forward to is (still) fictional.

Looking at FEAR, it's hardly going to be any copmetition to HL2. But it will certaintly be the next 'big' release.

STALKER : and I've got the feelinf it's going to pretty much like Half-Life² ... at least in the alpha the atmposhpere was the same, and the graphics just as good!

I'll give FEAR the benifit of the doubt, only because its monolith, but the video I saw looked like a series of cheesy gimmics strung together in one long segment. STALKER Should be good.

I'm a huge fan of Painkiller, so I'll be getting the expansion pack in December. Other than that, I'm taking a break from FPS. All of this year's big titles dissapointed me to some extent. Far Cry was boring, Doom 3 was tedious and only mildly scary, and HL2, while the best of the lot, is somewhat lacking in the replayability department.

F.e.a.r, Stalker, BattleField 2 and WoW

~thE LOcuSt~ said:
Fallout 3.

Is it really sure this time? That would be ****ing awsome if the made number 3, but i can only say to FU Interplay and their money problems.

Btw who is making it now?

Bethesda are developing Fallout 3. Who knows?

There are absolutely zero upcoming titles in my sights at the moment. I can think of a few that I'm mildly interested in - GTA: San Andreas, Call of Cthulhu, STALKER, but HL2 was the last game I've been waiting for, after Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2 were released (and disappointed). Maybe I'm growing out of gaming, I don't know.

The next one? The next one is next week... World of Warcraft! :D

Back