Nintendo Revolution Fully Unveiled!!!

Mr-Fusion said:
Could be the death of Nintendo, or at least massive downsizing.

Big risk Nintendo, what are they thinking? People love big numbers!

its not the about the console its about the Games....the Gay-box2 doesnt stand chance cuz the games will suck PS3 will be king Im sure

Looks very... small. How the hell do they fit any technology in that thing at all? the power cable would be heavier than the console. It does have a power cable...

...doesn't it?

Suicide42 said:
Looks very... small. How the hell do they fit any technology in that thing at all? the power cable would be heavier than the console. It does have a power cable...

...doesn't it?
They say it'll be even smaller than that, and that's just a prototype.

Lemonking said:
its not the about the console its about the Games....the Gay-box2 doesnt stand chance cuz the games will suck PS3 will be king Im sure

Wow, could you get any more immature? I mean, just because you don't like something, you bring up homophobic insults and completely disregard it at such an early stage?

Sorry to drag this off-topic, but that just ticked me off x_x

Nobody has won at this stage. Pre-rendered movies and some machine specs do not a generation make.

tell one game that can compete with Final Fantasy or MGS2 and 3??
the only Game that was worth it was Halo1 which was stolen. it was ment to be for PC
and that one RPG Fable was also ment for PC.
X-box=gay-box=kiddie -box

babyheadcrab said:
thinking same thing lol, everytime I read one of Lemonkings posts my IQ drops a few hundred points :-|

;( my heart just broke this instant

Lemonking said:
tell one game that can compete with Final Fantasy or MGS2 and 3??
the only Game that was worth it was Halo1 which was stolen. it was ment to be for PC
and that one RPG Fable was also ment for PC.
X-box=gay-box=kiddie -box

Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 were much better RPGs than anything that came out recently on PS2. I know you're going to say "that was on PC too!" but I really don't care. Fact of the matter is, my Xbox was a few hundred £ cheaper and there was no risk of my hardware being difficult, or drivers screwing up.

MS2 and 3? MGS 2 was crap, but I'll ignore that and answer the question. Jet Set Radio Future was awesome, as was Crimson Skies, MotoGP and a whole bundle of other joys.

Do I dare remind you all that this is the Nintendo thread?

I don't own any of this generation's consoles, unless you count the PSP. I guess I don't have anything to really add to the discussion of which console > which console, but all I know is the dual shock controller is the best thing to happen to console gaming and my friends and I logged far more hours into gamecube than the others. Because of Smash.

BTW I sure hope the Rev launches with a new Smash Bros title for me and my buddies to play to death.

well Nintendo keeps u entertained much longer.....even then an PS2 cuz it has more party
games and stuff like that and all Resi titles which is great

hey Kangy *&&^^TGFGHF/+_Y&&^*^**///&^%DF&^%^%^@%
got that^^

And there's the Xbox's trump card - Xbox Live, which not only offers a great variety of games (far more varied than the pc has to offer) but is also extremely user friendly and cheap.

Some of my best gaming experiences this generation has been on Xbox Live :) (worth the subscription for Street Fighter and Winning Eleven alone) None of the current consoles can compete in this respect and, in a few areas, neither can the pc.

I dont understand why people think the revolution is so ugly, I actually think that might be the sexiest of all 3, descrete, powerful yet simple. Also the glow coming from the disk intake in quite sexeh. People that are saying this design is too much and will ruin nintendo should take a good look at 360 and ps3 :\

Yeah, I actually like the design. It looks like you could hide it somewhere, like the side of your TV with some sticky back plastic. If they're going for a cheaper market, I'll definately pick this up on top of a Xbox 360 (or a PS3, undecided).

babyheadcrab said:
I dont understand why people think the revolution is so ugly, I actually think that might be the sexiest of all 3, descrete, powerful yet simple. Also the glow coming from the disk intake in quite sexeh. People that are saying this design is too much and will ruin nintendo should take a good look at 360 and ps3 :\

who said it was ugly it looks normal thats all
PS3 looks a futureristic Ice-maker
gay-box2 looks ok I admit

edit"torrentspy has alot of E3 vids for download :imu:

babyheadcrab said:
Agreed. The 360 and ps3's designs are way too wild for my taste. Like they should be a wireless router or put in a modern art exhibit, respectively. Meanwhile the Revolution has alot more functionality. Anyone know if there is a controller designed yet? I've only seen the ps3 boomerang nonsense.

MuToiD_MaN said:
BTW I sure hope the Rev launches with a new Smash Bros title for me and my buddies to play to death.

Yep, it was confirmed. The launch games so far:
Super Smash Brothers (Wifi enabled)
Metroid Prime 3
Brand new FPS "Halo-killer"
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (sequel? remake?) (Wifi enabled)
And most likely some sort of Mario game.

Looks a good lineup already, that's only first party software.

MuToiD_MaN said:
Thought I recognized that as a bowser hand for your avatar.

Hehe. It's quite sad, but I am such a fanboy. I am thinking of switching to a shot from the new Zelda or maybe the Revolution though.

A lot of people seem to be jumping to conclusions about the Revolution on the first conference day of the E3, and I think that is ridiculous. People aren't giving it time, which is needed obviously, for details to unfold.
I think the Revolution looks quite impressive right now. Being one who missed out on a lot of SNES and NES games, I am so pleased that the Revolution will make most N64, SNES, and NES games available.

GhostBoi said:
I really hope your not talking about the games for the Revolution....

I was. I was saying that is the current line up of first party titles. And I bet more are added closer to the time. But upon reading your post again, I assume you are talking to Lemonking.

Reginald said:
I was. I was saying that is the current line up of first party titles. And I bet more are added closer to the time. But upon reading your post again, I assume you are talking to Lemonking.

Yeah I was.

I was disappointed only because I built myself up to be, I expected to see footage of Revolution games, the controller itself, and what the revolutionary idea of the system was. Nintendo is just playing it smart and safe, it's just a matter of time before they reveal everything, it just happens to not be at E3 where the two other companies are, it's not as if they are admitting defeat or something.

Also i've been hearing that supposedly there is still more to be shown by Nintendo at the show as far as Revolution is concerned, but I don't know if that's true or not. The show lasts till the 20th, in fact it technically hasn't even started yet. :D

It's not as if Nintendo isn't living up to what they have said, they just havn't given us the information we're looking for yet. Keep in mind it's not coming out till probably mid-2006, so they can afford to wait.

to sum it up simply:

Xbox 360 : MY E-Penis is HUGE, hey ladies over here!
Playstation3: dude.. dude just stop everyone knows mine is bigger, 36 times bigger infact!
Revolution: yeah, guys I'm just gunna actually go over there and talk to them instead of... ya know claiming to have a large E-Penis.

ThomasToad said:
I was disappointed only because I built myself up to be, I expected to see footage of Revolution games, the controller itself, and what the revolutionary idea of the system was. Nintendo is just playing it smart and safe, it's just a matter of time before they reveal everything, it just happens to not be at E3 where the two other companies are, it's not as if they are admitting defeat or something.

Also i've been hearing that supposedly there is still more to be shown by Nintendo at the show as far as Revolution is concerned, but I don't know if that's true or not. The show lasts till the 20th, in fact it technically hasn't even started yet. :D

It's not as if Nintendo isn't living up to what they have said, they just havn't given us the information we're looking for yet. Keep in mind it's not coming out till probably mid-2006, so they can afford to wait.

Well, they did promise Mario 128 info. And we haven't had that. So I expect we will see the controller and game footage before the end of the week.

Ok, I don't know if anyone of you recall any of this but a guy named Aried predicted all this news on the revolution about a month ago, and all of it so far has been true. He said that square-enix would be joining with Nintendo, he said there would be a wi-fi ready super smash bros. at launch, he said there would be backwards compatibility including all past Nintendo games through wi-fi download, and he also said Nintendo's press conference would be a disappointment.

Everything he has said has come true. He also said that wait until the 19th and everything will be revealed for the Revolution.
Basically there is tons of speculation going around about all this, and it all points towards Nintendo pulling a fast one on us, i guess we will see in two days. I'm trying to find the blog entries he made for proof.

Woah?! I can play all my N64 games on revolution...

I think I'm buying a PS3 and Revolution now :bounce: :bounce: :E

There are tons of original games out there for every system, even if they are often unappreciated. Go out and play some Oddworld: Stranger, Animal Crossing, Viewtiful Joe, Rez, and Eternal Darkness. Then come back and wait for stuff like Wanda and the Colossus and Killer 7. They don't get the big press because no one knows what to expect, but they're there.

Here are some more pictures of the box including other potential colour combos:
hw023820847.jpg

hw023820846.jpg

hw023820845.jpg

hw023820471.jpg

The Mullinator said:
Here are some more pictures of the box including other potential colour combos:
<orgasmic pictures here>

:O That is one sexy console. Not sure about the other colours, black is always in fashion. ;)

Nothing like cherry red to to attract all the attention in the room to it. :D

Im not a console buyer but i really like the sound and look of the revolution, if i was to buy one solely based on looks then it'd be it. based on games, i havent a clue. Whatever one has the best rpg's really.

oldagerocker said:
Im not a console buyer but i really like the sound and look of the revolution, if i was to buy one solely based on looks then it'd be it. based on games, i havent a clue. Whatever one has the best rpg's really.

Most liekly Nintendo. They get all the honky Japanese stuff. Which I can't complain about because I like that sort of thing. I reccomend grabbing a copy of Fire Embelem (GC) if you do because that is supposed to be the best RPG ever :/

Back