Nintendo Revolution Fully Unveiled!!!

Uhh...what the hell, doesn't Revolution have wireless controllers, or was I lied to? I see 4 controller slots. :(

Malfunction said:
Uhh...what the hell, doesn't Revolution have wireless controllers, or was I lied to? I see 4 controller slots. :(

me and a mate were talking about this and came up with the following possible reasons

1) wireless recievers plug into the ports
2) backwards compatability with GC games -> GC controller compatible
3) some GC games use the GBA/GC link cable which also uses those slots
2 & 3 would explain why they're covered up(not used often)
4) it doesn't actually have wireless controllers

Ahh, very good points Septih. I think you're right about that. I'll go with 1, 2, and 3, but not 4. If Nintendo doesn't make the Revolution controllers to be wireless by default, I'm going to hurt someone.

Malfunction said:
Ahh, very good points Septih. I think you're right about that. I'll go with 1, 2, and 3, but not 4. If Nintendo doesn't make the Revolution controllers to be wireless by default, I'm going to hurt someone.

Especially as they are the pinoneers of wireless technology:

DS wifi linkup,
GBA wirless linkup,
Wavebird GC controller.

And I think it will certainly be GameCube controller compatible because I reckon the Revolution controller could be considerably different so as not to be able to play NGC games. Although that would bring up complications with download NES, SNES and N64 play...

I recon it's for GC controller so you can play GC games like you remember them and also for GBA linkup.

Reginald said:
Especially as they are the pinoneers of wireless technology:

DS wifi linkup,
GBA wirless linkup,
Wavebird GC controller.

And I think it will certainly be GameCube controller compatible because I reckon the Revolution controller could be considerably different so as not to be able to play NGC games. Although that would bring up complications with download NES, SNES and N64 play...

I recon it's for GC controller so you can play GC games like you remember them and also for GBA linkup.
I don't think Nintendo would make the Rev controller too different, because I'm getting a feeling that the Revolution will open up more of an audience because of the availability of all the great Nintendo games, and I don't think those people would want to buy separate controllers just so they can play a great Gamecube game such as Resident Evil 4 or The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

I'm thinking the Revolution's controller will have a slightly different layout than the GCN controller, with the additional, fabled "revolutionary" features we're all hoping for. I say the controller will retain all the same features of the GCN controller as well, which will allow for easy backwards-compatability, i.e. not requiring you to have a GC controller to play GC games.

And didn't the N64 and GC use the same type of plugs for the controllers? If so, you could plug in a relic N64 controller and use that to play Goldeneye or Ocarina of Time, and not have to get used to new layouts :D

Nope. N64 and GC controllers use different slot shapes. The N64 plugs are humongous compared to the GC.

Those ports are most likely for GCN controllers, seeing as Iwata confirmed wireless controllers for Revolution. I think they're going to incorporate touch screen technology into the new controllers. Think about it, fully customizable control schemes for different players/games, bringing immersion and interactivity to a new level.

I don't think touch controllers will work well, because, well, how the hell would that work? Look down at your controller instead of the TV screen? I'm just waiting.

Can someone explain wi-fi to me simply? It sounds as if you just stick a wi-fi game into the console, go the multiplayer bit and it'll connect you to someone else waiting to play, and for FREE. How far does the signal reach? He made it sound like we will be playing people on the other side of the world.

Malfunction said:
I don't think touch controllers will work well, because, well, how the hell would that work? Look down at your controller instead of the TV screen? I'm just waiting.

If anyone could pull it off, It'd be Nintendo. But I'm in the same boat as you, just waiting.

\/ \/ \/ \/ - That's what I was trying to say.

Malfunction said:
I think they mean the controller will draw out buttons on its own little screen which you then touch. The neat part about it would be that you could move the buttons around and change their sizes to suit your own hands.

StardogChampion said:
Can someone explain wi-fi to me simply? It sounds as if you just stick a wi-fi game into the console, go the multiplayer bit and it'll connect you to someone else waiting to play, and for FREE. How far does the signal reach? He made it sound like we will be playing people on the other side of the world.

It works just the same as any online service would except for its wireless and you don't have to have a modem or anything in your house. It connects to game retailers in your location that have "hot spots" for the wi-fi. And if you don't have a game retailer near you you can get one to put in your house. I think thats how it works.

Bump!

In approximately.... 1 hour and 27 minutes Nintendo are releasing some big information. No one knows what it is, but if it's not the Revolution controller and games, I will eat.....this here raw egg.

Reginald said:
Bump!

In approximately.... 1 hour and 27 minutes Nintendo are releasing some big information. No one knows what it is, but if it's not the Revolution controller and games, I will eat.....this here raw egg.

Do you have a webcam or digicam for proof pictures?

SimonomiS said:
Do you have a webcam or digicam for proof pictures?
Well there is a press conference scheduled. However forums everywhere right now are incredibly active with speculation that something big is going to happen.

The Mullinator said:
Well there is a press conference scheduled. However forums everywhere right now are incredibly active with speculation that something big is going to happen.
I meant the raw egg. :p

Well if there was any info, it should have been 40 minutes ago. Looks like it's raw eggs for dinner again. :(

Where would Nintendo get space to make an announcement anyway? They've already had their showing. I doubt they'd get a second area to use, or MS and Sony would want one too.

Actually, I think the conference schedualed may have been the Miyamoto interview posted on IGN today.

At the beginning of the article, it says that the interview took place on Wednesday. If this rumor about a meeting is true, we could still have some big news tonight or tomorrow.

StardogChampion said:
Where would Nintendo get space to make an announcement anyway? They've already had their showing. I doubt they'd get a second area to use, or MS and Sony would want one too.

They've managed it in the past. When the DS was shown last year, they had a huge hall where they let crowds in every 15 minutes. It had a quick conference about the DS then some hands on exhibits.

I assure you my username has nothing to do with.....wait!

Reginald F.
Reggie Fils-Aime

*gasp* The plot thickens.

If this really is Nintendo's doing, this has to be one of the weirdest and hopefully most successful marketing strategies ever.

SearanoX said:
Sorry for the double-post, but this really has me excited.

www.smashbrosonline.com is all down right now, but the number 428843112...the reverse of that, 211348824 is the number of castles that appear in the NintendoON video. This shit goes deep. I feel like a kid in a candy store or something.
Well, that's the number shown before it zooms out and shows all of "Nintendo" instead of just "endo." I'm not sure if that specific number equates to the total number of castles. It might just be the count of the castles on the last four letters.

SearanoX said:
Sorry for the double-post, but this really has me excited.

www.smashbrosonline.com is all down right now, but the number 428843112...the reverse of that, 211348824 is the number of castles that appear in the NintendoON video. This shit goes deep. I feel like a kid in a candy store or something.
It's got me excited to. It is really deep.

The site is now completely down. Nothin there at all. This is really quite cool. Even if it is all poppycock.

I bet Reggie is just sitting at his PC kicking our ass and taking our names by leading us on a wild goose chase..... I can actually picture him doing that.

I don't know which thread to post in now. So here is the info from the other thread:

The plot grows thicker....again:

http://mozlapunk.web-log.nl/log/2588966

Just to fill in on the back story:
Aries as he likes to be known is (supposedly) an ex Nintendo employee who is slowly trickling bits of Revolution news out just before it is announced and every word has been true. He claims that the Revolution they showed is a Trojan Horse and the true console is yet to be revealed. He also provides an explanation as to why IGN has no site up for the Revolution.

It would be nice if this was true

Reginald said:
I assure you my username has nothing to do with.....wait!

Reginald F.
Reggie Fils-Aime

*gasp* The plot thickens.

If this really is Nintendo's doing, this has to be one of the weirdest and hopefully most successful marketing strategies ever.
How did you find out that's the number of castles?

Apparently, in about 1 and a half hours from now, IGN will actually be posting "The Real Revolution"

I have suddenly become very skeptical on both sides of the argument.

Nintendo spent a lot of time on making that Revolution. So, unless the actual revealed console still has the same looks, that is going to be wasted design time and wasted resources.
Nintendo also made a logo for the Revolution. But... that is only supposed to be a codename. Why bother making a logo for a codename? They could have decided on a real name well before E3 and not bother making a fake logo.

Reginald said:
Apparently, in about 1 and a half hours from now, IGN will actually be posting "The Real Revolution"

Where did you see this?

Also, I wonder what's up with this Nintendo patent picture (seen on IGN's Revolution FAQ) ? It's supposed to eliminate "fixation points", but how could you do that on a regular TV/monitor?

Heh, this is fun...

TechnoHippyChic said:
Where did you see this?

Also, I wonder what's up with this Nintendo patent picture (seen on IGN's Revolution FAQ) ? It's supposed to eliminate "fixation points", but how could you do that on a regular TV/monitor?

Heh, this is fun...
Hey, I forgot all about that picture. As soon as you brought that up I instantly thought of the following post from the comments on this blog entry:
Napster said:
I checked the last line he wrote in google and I came to this site www.3dcgi.com. In the google subject brief it says.. "You've probably never seen a modeling interface like this before. ... use a lenticular like sheet to direct separate images to each eye". I haven't found the exact article which contains the quote.

Hmm... if all theories prove correct, that'll be 3 in the morning for me. I can't stay up till then.... ah screw... I'll get up early tomorrow and find out. :)

Back