No BunnyHoP in HL2 ?

C

CenTauR

Wow...why there will be no Bunnyhop in HL2-Multiplayer. It makes the game faster and without bunnyhop there will be less of skill. You can also name it Counterstrike2.
No gauss and no bunnyhop means no skill...only plumb camper action...n1

Thx all CS-playin' n00bs in da world...ffs :flame:

Bunnyhopping was for mentalists..... it wasn't skillful... even I could do it :p

yeah but HL2 is gonna have like a million better features.... so honestly who cares ?

To be honest your the n00bs, if you need to be able to bunny hop and have a gauss gun to get any kills then you the one with the lack of skill :cool:

I hate this bunny hopping issue. How the hell is exploiting the game a skill? :rolleyes:
I'm glad theres no way of doing it in HL2.

Originally posted by Munro
I hate this bunny hopping issue. How the hell is exploiting the game a skill? :rolleyes: I'm glad theres no way of doing it in HL2.

me too.... on a slightly off note:

that is EXACTLY what is wrong with the attitude of some of the multiplayer community.. exploiting the game..... where is the fun/achievement in that? Also calling people n00bs is another thing I dislike... you say it like it is a bad thing.... as though being new is wrong... which makes no sense.... and the mp community becomes forever inward-looking as a result.... many people will be turned away by the general childishness of people who use n00b as an insult ...

Need gauss and bunnyhop to get kills? Gauss maybe, but I think you find it is harder to aim when bunnyhopping. I think you are the (CS) players that get the easy kills by hiding behind a box or something. The point of bunnyhopping is to make it fast and exciting to play, it was left in some HLDM mods because of that.. not because of exploiting the game.

Originally posted by gel
The point of bunnyhopping is to make it fast and exciting to play, it was left in some HLDM mods because of that.. not because of exploiting the game.

errr..... make that fast and annoying.... becuase it made it impossible to kill some people.... HWguys in TFC... need i say more?

Yep, I understand that bunnyhopping wrecked CS and TFC, but I was talking about DM, can you really think of a reason why to disable bunnyhopping for this mod?

TFC, the HWguy was often faster than scout.
CS, was made to be realistic, enough said.
DM, ?

A configurable option would be nice for certain mods.

thanks for that alba :p

I'm not really part of the net gaming community but i don't really like the idea of some people who know how to exploit the game to have an unfair advantage

Originally posted by mrBadger
I'm not really part of the net gaming community but i don't really like the idea of some people who know how to exploit the game to have an unfair advantage
Hm, everyone can/could bunnyhop, thought you said it was easy... so where is the advantage?

I said it was easy.... but not everyone can do it methinks.... i still don't like it tho...

tsss, bunnyhop bring u skills....

and imo, that a reason why hl1 still exists

(well for the DM part :)

Originally posted by mrBadger
I said it was easy.... but not everyone can do it methinks.... i still don't like it tho...
That right, but they can learn just like everything and everyone else, people always have to start somewhere. We can't have a newbie join a server and have the same skill as a person that has been playing the game 24/7, that just wouldn't be right.
The playability of the game would be alot better if it revolved around movement and aim, not just aim where any joe on any map can master on their first attempt.
We are indeed out of the pac-man days ;)

Would be nice to see bunnyjumping in HL2, that makes possible faster moving and trickjumping.
I like when i can learn something new in moving section, not just that CS aim practising, that's boring.
I don't say that in HL2 everykind of trickjumping is eliminated if there is no bunnyjumping, but that takes away the happy feeling about "flying" over map.
There will morelikely be UT2003 style trickjumping, but that's not enough, you still feel like you are TANK.
In HLDM it's fun to go alone in LAN server and practise bunnyjumping, trick jumping and gauss jumping.
Example in CS there is no awesome moving with fast weapon change combos in match and duels, only shooting.
Bunnyjumping and gauss just makes game so different that it's sad if they are not in HL2, but also we still have HL, don't forget that.
I'm going to buy HL2 in first place because of it's single player, multiplayer comes after that.

I hope anyone understood what i tryed to say, i'm not very good in english. ;)

the thing is...a very good player shouldn't be easy to hit for everyone that start the game...and to hit someone that will do the bunnyjump, that is really skill.
And the Gauss we don't need to frag someone...it's more a weapon for better move and skilled jumps...no game will be played long without some strafejump or weaponjumps. Thats the reason the game is fun. And many CS peepz (not everyone) play CS because they think the peepz with skill, which jumping in the air like a bird are cheaters, but look a demo of skilled CS 1on1 or a skilled HLDM 1on1 for example.
CS-demos look kinda boring...much camper action...no fun to watch this.
HL-Demos are fast and never boring, no campin'...many action and very nice movement and very skilled sh0ts, for example 2 peepz flight through the air and one of them kill the other with a headshot in the air...

U can download some HLDM moviez at the following page
http://www.planet-videos.com/

My tip is: di.avi
CS-Fanvideos
AGXcesS
Reloaded

Very nice avis of very good HLDM-players =)

Hf with it

stop whining about this topic

it's known that bhop wasn't intended in the first place when HL was made but hey, people learned how to use it and did.
whoever says bhop blows is just frustrated cause he or she can't do it. it does take skill. I wanna see anyone who says it's an exploit and "will never do it cause it's h4x" to try it and then say it doesn't take skill and timing.

But it's not a natural game element - do you think Valve intended people to jump around in MP rather than walk or run?

I'm 100% glad it's out.

Originally posted by Abom|nation

I'm 100% glad it's out.

me too :)... and before anyone goes.... you can't bunnyhop then.... i can... i just think it sucks

Amazing, I hate people who say "OMFG camping newb". Camping is part of a strategy and is effective. If you hated it in CS, go play your moronic Quake. Oh I am so glad there is no bhopping in HL2 either, won't see any of these "skilled" people jumping all over the screen.

lol.. I know some diehard HLDeathMatchers that totally disagree with what you guys are saying. I think bunnyhopping is teh win. Its the best way to not get hit in a DM game. and it makes everything mutch more interesting and faster. it really develops your reflexes.

hmmmmm, welll I'm not so sure... it may make things a tad unbalenced.... and in a genre where balence is king.... bunnyhopping has no place

It turns HL into Quake, nothing more, nothing less.

in UT2k3 you need trick-jumping, other wise you've got no chance against clan members, although some are completly pants :x , espc in capture the flag maps, where you need to take a lift to get up to get out of a area, when you have to stand and wait for the lift, when you could just trick jump off the wall and carry on running, even before the lift thinks about coming down for you... :p

**** the bunny hopping
that's all i have to say...

But it's not a natural game element - do you think Valve intended people to jump around in MP rather than walk or run?
The only realistic mod is CS, do you really think people in real life do rocket/medic jumps which you see in TFC, or gauss jumping seen in DM. Hm, no, that is because it is not a natural game, if you bothered to read my eariler post you'd see that I agree bunnyhopping has no place in CS and TFC. But it does for DM, can you tell me otherwise? Please don't come out with, it's an exploit, harder to kill or there is an unfair advantage, because that is the way DM is meant to be played.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Amazing, I hate people who say "OMFG camping newb". Camping is part of a strategy and is effective. If you hated it in CS, go play your moronic Quake.
No-one said they wanted bunny-hopping in CS, read my earlier posts please.

Originally posted by Sat
**** the bunny hopping
that's all i have to say...
Nice contribution.

i hope that you don't get slowed down in hl2 like the current release of cs when you jump, i also hope you can't gain speeds that you couldn't get by not jumping.

Originally posted by gel
The only realistic mod is CS, do you really think people in real life do rocket/medic jumps which you see in TFC, or gauss jumping seen in DM. Hm, no, that is because it is not a natural game, if you bothered to read my eariler post you'd see that I agree bunnyhopping has no place in CS and TFC. But it does for DM, can you tell me otherwise? Please don't come out with, it's an exploit, harder to kill or there is an unfair advantage, because that is the way DM is meant to be played.

I meant natural as in it's not supposed to be there. Boo-hoo, it's not in HL2, go cry me a bucket.

Evil, this is not a point, in Quake 3 you jump all over.

Gel: HL wasn't ment to be played like that, HL2 isn't either. Case closed.

But if you want jumping and flying all over in HL, get yourself HL Action (don't know real name for that mod).

I meant natural as in it's not supposed to be there.
Maybe you coulda used a proper word like, irregular? But sorry for misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Gel: HL wasn't ment to be played like that, HL2 isn't either. Case closed.
Alright, no problem. Was only trying to provide my point of view :)

Originally posted by EVIL
lol.. quake doesnt have bunnyhopping

It does and its easier todo in quake and quake2, not sure about quake3.

i personally loved strafe jumping in cs, trick jumping from the roof in assault to the bridge or the other roof, fkin classic.

And whoever said CS shouldnt have strafejumping cos its a realistic mod, just play it for a few hours, youll see how unrealistic it really is.

Originally posted by gel
if you bothered to read my eariler post you'd see that I agree bunnyhopping has no place in CS and TFC..

what mental person would say such retarded thing?
bhop has no place in TFC? are you ****ing high or something? if it wasn't for bhop and strafe jumping TFC WOULD BE DEAD.

oh and yeah, I wanna support Ross82.
jesus christ you've all been brainwashed. CS was never realistic and the makers didn't even intend to make it realistic, and so did Valve. if it has a single element out of it's thousands.. I don't care. it's not realistic.

how do you bunnyhop? i tried it a couple times and i can't really figure it out.

You all can forget bunny hopping in "The Wild West". If you attempt to jump more than your stanima allows, you'll drop to the ground like a sack of potatoes, at which point the person trying to shoot you will have an easy and clean shot. (Don't worry for all you skilled players, there will be plenty of visual and audio cues as to when your about to collapse).

Back