No Portal 2 Party for E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcxs

Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5552813/surprise-no-portal-2-party-at-e3

Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for [RECORD SCRATCH!!!]

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.

I like suprises :imu:

Really interesting that it says the Portal 2 event is canceled, yet they call it the "E3 Portal 2 surprise." Valve, you have me very excited and pessimistic at the same time. :frown: :)

I hate surprises, although this will probably increase my love for Valve.

I hate surprises, although this will probably increase my love for Valve.

*In the voice of Francis* "I hate surprises"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Many online have stated that this could be Episode 3. It'd be super awesome if the 'surprise' was Episode 3 but I think the surprise has more to do with Portal 2 (possible port to the PS3 or DLC, though announcing DLC this early on in development is almost unheard of). But I could be wrong, and there's something else in store. But I still hope it *IS* Episode 3! :bounce:

Early on in development? It's coming out in the next 6 months, there can't be too much development left to do.

Early on in development? It's coming out in the next 6 months, there can't be too much development left to do.

Portal 2 could be delayed, Valve has well been known to delay games to give them more of their own 'polish'.

And you think Valve is going to hit their first-announced release date? :LOL:

With a non-Half Life IP? Certainly.

True, Valve has so far had a good record of releasing some of their non Half-Life titles on time as of late, with Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead DLC, and Left 4 Dead 2. But with "The Passing" DLC delayed a month out of the blue, it got me re-concerned of Portal 2 coming out next fall instead of this fall. I'm already planning on asking my brother to get me Portal 2 for Christmas (and despite what Monolith and Day 1 studios says, I'm not entirely confident that F.E.A.R. 3 will be released this fall).

Still, what do you guys think this special 'Surprise' could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back