No Time to Explain

For some reason there's going to be a fuller, longer version of this made sold for money. I don't understand why, because it's basically twitchy controls, an unsatisfying gimmick and a spot of sub-VVVVVV spike avoidance packaged up in the amusing presentation and circular story which are its chief virtue and which make it worth five minutes in the first place.

Controls were fine, you guys just suck.

No, they weren't. It felt like a 9 year old's first platformer made in flash.

my god you people are so whiny, i enjoyed that and it gave me a good laugh

Controls are fine once you're used to them, though they are really strange at first.

There are also two secret endings and a double bonus secret ending if you get both. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO GET BOTH?

I thought it was hilarious. "OH GOD MY LIPS ARE IN MY EYES."

The controls didn't bother me once I got into them, the jump mechanic was hard to master, though.

Yeah I didn't get the hang of the controls either. Flash platformers always have a problem with collision detection anyway.

The first 10 seconds were fun, then, like many, I got frustrated with the controls.

Sorry, but the controls are terrible, and the music gives me a sense of how much pain that guy in the monster's mouth is going through.

I can imagine how much easier it is with a mouse, but since I'm on a laptop I gave up after like the jump with the spikes. I really should have been able to use wsad to move the gun around and space to fire.

it wont even let me go through or jump over the first building after you leave the house

You have to use the gun to blast up while jumping.

This coming from the same forum that likes GIRP...

This coming from the same forum that likes GIRP...
There's a difference between awful controls that can clearly have been made better and more fluid, versus controls that are simply complex where it's the point of the game to get good at them.

I found the weird dinosaur ending
picture2jj.png

There's a difference between awful controls that can clearly have been made better and more fluid, versus controls that are simply complex where it's the point of the game to get good at them.

There's also a difference between a game that is made to be funny and a game that is made to be easy-to-control. The intent of No Time to Explain is very obviously to be funny. Frankly, the controls of No Time to Explain are not that difficult to begin with.

The game is simply awkward to play. It could have been done better. The instant respawn is one example. It's disorienting. And the dodgy hit detection and platformer physics add to the frustration.

I don't really mind that five minutes' fun has awkward controls, but for some reason this is going to be turned into a full indie game, as I mentioned earlier.

I honestly don't see the gripes towards the controls, they seemed fine to me.

The game is simply awkward to play. It could have been done better. The instant respawn is one example. It's disorienting. And the dodgy hit detection and platformer physics add to the frustration.

Instant respawn is easy to adjust to; Lint does the same thing. Please illustrate 'dodgy hit detection' because I didn't notice any. Regardless, it's a 5-minute comedy game not a full-fledge platformer.

veggie is there anything you dont whine and bitch about?

i find it weird that this is going to be turned into a full game though. what the hell?

There's also a difference between a game that is made to be funny and a game that is made to be easy-to-control.

Wait, are you saying funny games can't be easy to control, or that easy controls aren't funny? The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Is there any post you won't react disapprovingly to?

Like, do you have to say this to every single negative post I make on hl2.net? If you enjoy doing it, that's fine. That's my reason for doing anything on the internet, after all.

I wasn't even the only one complaining in this thread. I was just the best one at it.
7dm5G.gif

Well, this game stinks.

Your avatar would know a thing or two about it.

I enjoyed it fully. It's like a 2-second game and it's fun for what it delivers. Plus I loved the old SNES Top Gear game and that's what the music was from.

Wait, are you saying funny games can't be easy to control, or that easy controls aren't funny? The two aren't mutually exclusive.

No, I'm saying that the controls were obviously a secondary concern. It's a 5-minute game at most and it's fun for what it delivers. The controls are not hard to figure out, and the gameplay is so simple that even if you suck it's easy until the very end.

I came into this thread, saw there was no time to explain, and clicked the link straightaway. Had a blast.

Came back to the thread, people are bitching about the controls. You people are confirmed bad at video games.

Tried it a bit ago, was a lot of fun.

Don't try it while intoxicated.

I posted this game because I found it hilarious.

But the controls do seem awkward, or maybe I'm missing something. There's a jump you have to make at the end of the "tunnel" part and I still don't know why I managed to fly high enough on my, let's say, 20th attempt, but not on the previous ones.

There's a part you can get to that allows you to fly straight to the end.

@Unf, it's all in timing your jump with the gun blast.

Combined Dino+Glasses Mode FTW.

Back