Noob question about CS: Source

Count Zero

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked a million times before.

I bought HL2 and during the installation I was asked if I wanted CS. I answered yes thinking that I was getting a bonus, free single-player game. I now realise that CS is only multi-player, and is of no use to me.
Now when I start HL2 it connects to Steam and if CS is out of date, it will patch it. Therefore I am using parts of my monthly download quota to keep a game that I do not even play, fully patched.
My question is, how do I de-install CS without affecting HL2?

Right click on Counter-Strike Source and press properties then goto delete game files.

Something like that.

Right click Counterstrike source, click propertys then click the drop down box that says keep this game automaticly uptodate and choos the sekection that says dont keep tis game updated also if you right click if you want to remove the game entirely you can clcik uninstall

listen to pickled gecko css with bots can be great fun as a single player game
you can select the option for steam not to start automatically with windows so you can turn it on and off when you're offline without getting new updates

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try out what you suggest about the bots.

de-install would work to , its just not the normal way of saying it

true. But it might be helpful that he gets the therminology correct..like De-Crease Un-Crease

BranDeN said:
true. But it might be helpful that he gets the therminology correct..like De-Crease Un-Crease

Therminology? Thanks for the grammer advice Professor Heat. LOL!

lol np... I had a typo...my keyboarding skills do not display my knowledge so quit trying to assume they do.

Gotta love utterly useless off-topic bs. :angry:

Answer has been given, right-clicking CSS in the Play Games menu gives you a button to delete all downloaded content, and a drop-down menu to disable the game from updating itself.
Or have phun shooting bots ;)

Back