Question about Hitboxes

AzulShiva

Sandvich
Reaction score
Hi

Im referring to CS:S not CS1.6.

I am confused about how the hitboxes exactly work, I asked lots of people noone seemed to know maybe someone here can help me. On a 100tick Server, I understand the hitboxes and player positions (and shots) are updated 100 times a second, meaning once every 10ms. If there is an opponent flying with 360kmh (100m/s) he moves at 1m every 10ms. Now his head is only 20cm, but he moves 1m with every tick of the server, does that mean there is a 80cm long gap in the hitboxes?

Not sure I made myself clear, so assuming someone is flying at 36 000kmh (10 000m/s) he would move 100 metres with every tick. Now if you used a PERFECT aimbot, given the opponent is in range of an AWP (800m), and the head is 500 times smaller then the distance he moved between the ticks, would you be able to kill your opponent every time, or would the chance of a kill be at 1:500 because valves engine is not able to align the hitboxes with the player for these speedy kills?

Hope someone can answer, thanks
regards

You AWP'ing bastard.

since there are no bullets in CS:S, only hitscans, forget about ballistics and play for fun
and "DONT USE HAX FAG LOL"

since there are no bullets in CS:S, only hitscans, forget about ballistics and play for fun
I don't think you understand what he was asking.

This is a good question, OP, and I have no idea what the answer is. I'm curious to find out. The matter probably has a lot to do with the netcode, like client-side vs. server-side differences.

This is actually a great question, and I think the amount of variables and research required probably means Valve doesn't know the exact answer to it. Sounds like you know more than 99.9% of players who I know that are obsessed with cfg editing anyways.

Back