Not the Happy news: 12 yr old girl kills self to donate organs to father and brother

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
NADIA: For days, Mumpy would listen quietly as the elders discussed how only an eye surgery could save her father's vision and a kidney transplant her brother's life. But both surgeries were beyond the family's meagre means. So, Mumpy hit upon a plan, which to her 12-year-old mind seemed the answer to all troubles. She would kill herself, which would save the dowry, too, and her organs would give her loved ones back their lives.

Mumpy did stick to her plan. But the suicide note in which she had scribbled down her wishes was found the day after she was cremated.

O_O

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat..._kidney-transplant-eye-surgery-girl-ends-life

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whyyyyyyyyyyyyy god ****ing damnit.

At least tell me that the transplants wouldn't have been possible anyway?

Oh no. :(

Loss of human life is terrible. Loss of young human life is a tragedy. This, is just heartbreaking.

EDIT: **** man, 12 years old? That little girl must have been a Bodhisattva in a previous lifetime. How cruel too, that the ultimate act of love and compassion results with no one even benefiting.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh, because it makes you sound like such a selfish shit.

Totally didn't see it that way until you pointed it out. I laughed too. Reminds me of that time on the office when it's Michael's birthday and he's told that Kevin might have skin cancer.

"That's terrible news.. terrible news for both of us"

Christ. I hope this news spread though, so that she will be remembered for her goodness in a world of ugliness and menace.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh, because it makes you sound like such a selfish shit.

I had an afterthought that it would be construed this way, but the focus was supposed to be on the fact that I was hoping this isn't real, and not on my selfish shittiness.

From the comments:

normsucks.png

What the ****.

Stern: reading Reddit so we don't have to.

Yep. I caught this on there the other day and made a conscious decision to a) not post it here and b) not ever read Reddit again when I'm feeling even the least bit morose.

Me too. One of those things you wish you didn't read. And of course now it's here too, shitting up my New Posts.

Hey bro, he's just being pragmatic.

And, you know, an asshole, but it's the thought that counts!

Well , if her intention was also to avoid having her father pay a dowry or being stuck with her, having a one-eyed, sickly daughter is a poor way to do it. Thats at least 2 goats to take THAT off his hands

actually I dont read reddit and even if I had read it at reddit why would you read that as a negative? stories have to come from somewhere! dont make me get all quote-y on you

Its a shame that there aren't incentives out there for harvesting organs. Like if you agree to donate your organs you'll get 5% off your taxes or something. Also its crazy but in a few years we'll probably be able to grow more and more different organs. They recently just attempted a synthetic organ and so far it was a success. But yeah sad story. I for one would love to live on after death so to speak

Back