Novint Falcon Left 4 Dead Support and Giveaway

Sounds Great

I'd love to be able to review one of these for my website. Here's to hoping. Thanks for running a great site guys.

I need it !! XD kidding...

but as I never win anything if I win would be great... if not congratz to whoever wins ;)

It seems like this piece of awesome is not compatible with everything yet, but when it does I'm sure PC gaming will expand rapidly. The only problem is the price, and probably the durability. Despite the awesomeness I get this feeling from the demos I've seen that the Novint Falcon is not very durable, it just seems to break very easily.

Still I wonder when I can get one of these in Hong Kong.

After lurking for a few years, I figure now is as good a time as any to post! Go Novint Falcon! :D

I've only won one thing through chance in my life, and that was a stuffed animal. Something this awesome would be quite the upgrade.

good to hear, the falcon is definitely a step in the right direction as far as peripherals go. :)

Looks interesting, though I suspect theres a bit of an adjustment period from a mouse.

The again, yet another controller for me to attempt to play street fighter IV with would be fantastic (pro tip - joysticks designed for flightsims and steering wheels & pedals are not a good choice!)

Oh man this Falcon would go great with my new computer I am building.

Programming these things is pretty of fun, but I'd love a second one to make sure the haptic library i'm writing works well with multiple devices :)

This thing looks damn cool, but doesn't your arm get tired? Or can you rest your arm comfortably.

Never mind, I read Hectic's review, he said to rest your arm.

I did not win the $250 million Power Ball this week so maybe I will be more lucky here.

Temporary lock while we pick a winner. Hold on!

And the winner is....

DEKSTAR!

Kind of ironic that he doesn't actually own L4D, but there you go. Congratulations to Dekstar!

If you didn't win, then remember that you can still buy your very own Falcon with a 20% discount on the already low price on Novint's website by using the Halflife2.net referral code (HL2NET).

Basically, we locked the thread at 100 (well nearly) posts and used the random number generator at random.org to pick a post number.

novintrandom.jpg

I just needed a reason to buy it, and this is it! Woo, thanks guys!!!!!

<3's to you all! Will post pics when I get it set up and that.

lol he posted like 4 times...

(edit: actually 3 times...)

so the way it was picked up ended no to be quite fair...

anyway congratz i guess..

lol he posted like 4 times... so the way it was picked up ended no to be quite fair...

anyway congratz i guess..

Probably slightly more fair than signing up today just for the competition.

humm SURE.

but... you could put that on the rules...

sory I'm not sad that I'm not the winner... just the way you are doing things... and yes he does have a nice post count ;)

humm SURE.

but... you could put that on the rules...

sory I'm not sad that I'm not the winner... just the way you are doing things... and yes he does have a nice post count ;)

I didn't put it on the rules. I used a random number generator, as already explained.
However, you do have a point. Any future contests or giveaways that I do, I'll put very specific limits on the join dates of entrants.

Congrats to dekstar! [strike]/me curses being a staff member[/strike]

As for everyone else who missed out, don't forget that the Falcon is on sale for their special L4D launch, and if you enter "HL2NET" as the referral code, you get a further 20% discount off the current price!

Gratz! *takes up the hooch*
10*hic*1! Ye canna count that num. nummmber. *flat on face*

Dam my country of origin! I searched their site, anyway to get one from the UK?

Good XD

then I will be able to join ^^

I was lazy to register here as I did post on steam foruns etc instead... but yes the only thing I was "complaining" was the fairness.. Do limit join dates or post count and forbidden more then 1 post and it will be fine ;)

good work ;)

You bitches better be up for some L4D, I just bought it and should probably get slightly good at the game before this baby arrives.

Gratz! *takes up the hooch*
10*hic*1! Ye canna count that num. nummmber. *flat on face*

Dam my country of origin! I searched their site, anyway to get one from the UK?

They do international shipping now, so you should just go through the purchase steps to buy one, remembering to use the HL2NET referral code!

Good XD

then I will be able to join ^^

I was lazy to register here as I did post on steam foruns etc instead... but yes the only thing I was "complaining" was the fairness.. Do limit join dates or post count and forbidden more then 1 post and it will be fine ;)

good work ;)

Well now you are probably less likely to win anything because you've told everybody that you'll be continually using the site only to win prizes.

Well now you are probably less likely to win anything because you've told everybody that you'll be continually using the site only to win prizes.

lol. It's not like that... I use the site to be updated on news.. I just didn't post...

Even If I would only use the site for that, I couldn't be out just because of that... You just don't undertand do you? Do you know what is fake publicity? You know sites can make money depending on registed users and page views... so If the site makes a giveway announcement they can't manipulate the results... anyway can't be unfair..

If they want to give it to over 9000 posts guys thats OK but... can't say its a random way for EVERYONE... that is it... if this was a "who loves this site the most wins a prize" or so... I couldn't post... but trying to gain members and so on its wrong...

I'm not saying this was like that... but... you are impling stuff... I said I would post and was lazy not to register before... I registered because I could participate and have the same change as you or anyone who posted that was it.

;)

Back