NYC cabbie stabbed after being asked if they were "muslim"

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
not really surprising with all the stupid people believing in stupid misinformation pushed by stupid right wingers

The New York Police Department has confirmed to TPM that a cab driver in Manhttan was allegedly stabbed by a passenger who asked if the cabbie was Muslim, and says the incident is being treated as a hate crime. The suspect has been charged with attempted murder and other crimes.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...me_after_allegedly_stabbing_muslim_cabbie.php

the cabbie isnt even remotely muslim:

..who Nell identified as a 43-year-old Asian male ..

wtf? so now anybody who doesnt look like they landed with the Mayflower is muslim?

After the driver responded that he was, Enright allegedly stabbed him repeatedly with a Leatherman tool, according to police.

Countries like Indonesia and Malaysia have huge Muslim populations. But still, NYC has so many crazy people.

I just realized Stern made a thread about a 'stabbing in New York'.

:sleep:

ya a stabbing in new york wouldnt seem all the relevant if you were living in a cave for the last few weeks

Are you seriously surprised by this type of behavior? There's always psychos on edge, they just need motivation to go out and stab people. I for one, blame Fox News.

Well, one surprising thing is...

242znyh.jpg

yes that is surprising ..I usually would have bludgeoned them to death

This is so utterly fascinating:

Crazy passenger stabs Muslim cabby!

So remarkable.

Gads, awful, but I expect more violence before this whole thing is over. This is what happens when one group of people starts to see another group as something less than human. Same thing goes for "illegals" who are targets of all sort of hate too, as if they aren't fellow human beings who deserve our love, respect, and compassion. Humans are incredibly unique beings thanks in no small part to our ability to hate.

This is so utterly fascinating:

Crazy passenger stabs Muslim cabby!

So remarkable.

it is if you understand the context as to why he was stabbed. I know that might entail thinking outside of the box oh gawd we cant have that

Most belligerent evil racists don't go stabbing cabbies at random. That's what schizophrenics do.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

This is very true. It just irks me that people automatically jump to "oh he's just another CRAZY right-winger!" Yeah, he probably is literally crazy. Or maybe drunk.

"The New York Times reports that an anonymous police source has said Enright was "very drunk" at the time of the incident."

The cabby was not muslim.

"Enright asked the driver, who Nell identified as a 43-year-old Asian male, if he was Muslim. After the driver responded that he was, Enright allegedly stabbed him repeatedly with a Leatherman tool, according to police."

You were saying?

actually he was a Muslim but that's besides the point the perp obviously has some mental issues.Attempted Murder is what I think he's gonna be charged with with.

After the assault, the driver tried to lock Enright inside the cab and drive to a police station, police said. The attacker jumped out a rear window about 15 blocks from where he hailed the cab, they said.

He jumped out of a rear window. How many cabs present you with multiple rear windows to leap from?

EDIT: Nevermind... wasn't thinking of the side rear window. I just woke up. :(

the cabbie isnt even remotely muslim

Muslim and Asian are not mutually exclusive you racist.

Enright asked the driver, who Nell identified as a 43-year-old Asian male, if he was Muslim. After the driver responded that he was, Enright allegedly stabbed him repeatedly with a Leatherman tool.

[Sarcasm] Obviously its the cab driver's fault for being a Muslim in a Christian Nation.

And the assailant was drunk, so that makes it okay. Because he saw the face of Jesus in his beer foam. [/Sarcasm]

@falcon, I sure hope there aren't any members here who wouldn't realize you were using sarcasm, though I respect your use of the tags, just in case.

Back