OdB @ E3: Interview with Gabe Newell

S

Sliver

"Not your typical OdB flick, this movie focusses mostly on Half Life2 (extensive interview with Valve's Gabe Newell with game footage) and Black & White 2 (presentation by Jonty Barnes with exclusive beta footage). Furthermore, there's boothbabes (duh), OdB in L.A., scenes from the E3 venue, some pretty weird lookin' people and BigG eating a chilidog (and out of his nose)."

High res movie: http://www.fragland.net/index.php?page=downloads&did=976

Low res: http://www.fragland.net/index.php?page=downloads&did=977

Sounds good... could be a little dated compared to what we've found out since E3, but I'm still going to download it.

:cheers:

I've just downloaded it, going to watch it after i've eaten my dinn0r, and have rolled a phattie. Is it worth watching?

It better not I'm half way through the download :)

Oh my god, it's Gabe.

Works find for me.

EDIT: And the Strider is a creature.

I'm not sure I want to see him. It will destroy the illusion...

this is great . very great. its worth the download. the music is just roksssss

Originally posted by Bass
Gabe? Youve never seen Gabe?
Yes, on those magical soul catcher pics. Seeing him move... It will destroy all the illusion of the Allmighty Gabe :p

Edit: if you want a comparison, its like looking at Christ on the cross. But in a movie you would see him scratch his crotch and burp, while having a drinking party with his 13 chumps :)

Gabe said that Gordon will play in many parts on earth, means there is many and many big areas we never seen before..........I am 100% fan of this game.:cool:

Crap pauses for me aswell :/

Notice he calls the Strider a 'creature'

Argument over...

Downloading now... is there any new footage? Or just the interview?

Great watch, the hi-res worked for me!

Black & White 2 is looking cool, the spell they showed was awesome.
I loved the first game, had great a.i. but also some other faults so eventually i gave up on it. I hope they come up with something good.

The HL2 info was already known, but its still good to hear it from the man himself. He seems like a funny dude, i can already see him sitting @ his desk answering n00b-email.

Originally posted by Dagobert
Notice he calls the Strider a 'creature'

Argument over...

Creature is a much easier definition than 'semi mechanical vehicle controlled by combine soldiers'.
I'm not saying it couldn't be a creature, it's just not sure. It's definitely not Xen..... well I think so because the only use organic weapons.

I always thought that the "creatures" like Strider were hybrids; part creature, part machine. I read that somewhere, might have been a magazine.

It's definitely not Xen..... well I think so because the only use organic weapons.
Well it's combine. And that might suggest that the combine is a combination of human and alien or human/alien and machine.

megazins only for Belgium and German poeple.:borg:

Gabe: "3 species?? i'm not sure where you heard that..??" hahah i espically liked that part since i always thought there was the combine/xen and the humans, but (correct me if wrong here) gabe seems to tell us there are many more species....??

Sorry for just breaking the ongoing theme right now....

i still think the Striders are Biomechanicals

LOL ye Gabe looks like Peter from Family Guy.. well spotted :cheese:

In design terms, all non-human enemies are probably thought of as creatures.

And just to confuse things, in a really old interview about Half Life, Valve refered to the Helicopter as a "Monster".

Heh.

Originally posted by HL2 Stone
gabe looks like the dad from the family guy :D

Best TV series EVER. Just bought Seasons 1 and 2, with 3 on order at Amazon.

Originally posted by G0rgon
megazins only for Belgium and German poeple.:borg:

Uhhh belgium and dutch, big difference with germany. :dozey:

Belgians speaking English with a fake US accent - yuck.
Why couldn't they have done this in Dutch?

*natch*

They use girls to sell product... typical americans lmao!

I didnt like the part about gabe saying the release date might push back.. but o well thats also a couple months ago.:bounce:

Well, the belgians speak better english than these weirdo frenchies.

Wrong TripleDes, and also: we speak better french than you. You wannabe frenchman. Hah : P

Belgians faking American is better than American faking German :p

Yeah, I noticed that.

An American pretending to be a German (badly), cursing out Americans for not being like the Germans - that was pretty odd.

Back