OdB @ E3: Interview with Gabe Newell

Originally posted by genocide604
They use girls to sell product... typical americans lmao!

I didnt like the part about gabe saying the release date might push back.. but o well thats also a couple months ago.:bounce:

Typical humans is the correct statment. Unless other countries don't like girls or something.

poor gabe, that interviewer sucks at interviews. i love how he doesn't put the mic up to him the very first time and you hear a very faint hi. gabe also says toy story and "movies", inc. lol, too bad the interview guy didn't have a rat tail.. gabe could have been playing with it the whole time. oh yeah and look behind the guy who is talking about the booth before they do the interview, is that an undercover john carmack with long hair? lol, he looks antsy. Are they going to put up other video interviews? the far cry guy looks fun.

OMG he didn't promise his soul to release it before christmas, lol. how many threads will come of this?

couldnt they have found a german to play the german guy?
looked real stupid with that american screaming

cool movie tho.. nice to see some stuff from the e3 floor and not just filmed screens

Is there a transcript for this video? I'm still on 56k and it would take me forever to download that..... :(

the dude that said "gade said the game release might push bk" well remember the first time we heard about the game, they gave the release date straight away. so maybe he does mean push it bk to like beyond sept 30th

Yeah really, that promise your soul thing was wicked funny.... I could feel Gabe exerted awkwardness when he said that he promised :p

Some dutch sayings just dont translate well...

And wtf was with Movies, Inc.? I guess we can assume he meant Monsters? Also, he called game "grame". Poor Gabe must have social anxiety disorder or something.

Originally posted by schweppes
Yeah really, that promise your soul thing was wicked funny.... I could feel Gabe exerted awkwardness when he said that he promised :p

Some dutch sayings just dont translate well...

And wtf was with Movies, Inc.? I guess we can assume he meant Monsters? Also, he called game "grame". Poor Gabe must have social anxiety disorder or something.

Give the guy a break. If it wasn't for him, you'd have no HL or HL-2. Can you blame him, though? If I worked on a project inside an office for five years straight I'd probably be shy as hell too.

Hey, I totally agree with you. It's the kind of thing that is easy to point and laugh at however.

can't dl the movie!! it jus won't start!????????help!plz!

Hey, I totally agree with you. It's the kind of thing that is easy to point and laugh at however.

Yeah, it is easy. So don't succumb to being an asshole like that.

Calm down man.... I was just pointing out some funny stuff a man we all respect said. Loosen up bro.

Calm down man.... I was just pointing out some funny stuff a man that we all respect said. Loosen up bro.

No, I won't calm down god DAMMIT!!! No jk. Its all good. I have to admit, he did seem pretty uptight during the duration of the interview. I also noticed the 'Movies, Inc' reference, and thought that was pretty funny. He seemed pretty self-assured during the E3 narration, though. Probably had a script in front of him, or something. Maybe hes just camera shy.

Is there anything new? If there is i dont want to see it tell the game comes out. I want to discover every thing else on my own.:cheese:

Were any of you impressed with the B&W2 footage, cuz it looks like it's gonna kick ass. Shame it's not out for ages though.

mine crashes at the beginning when the dood is eating his chilli dog :(
heeelp!!

Originally posted by Pol
heeelp!!

Same with mine. Go to www.divx.com and download the latest player, and use the Divx Player 2.0, NOT The Playa. When I ran it off of that it worked fine all the way through.

Originally posted by Pol
heeelp!!

get the latest version of divx, from divx.com

same thing happened to me.

Run it with a different program.... did that for me when I tried to run it in WINAMP.

Originally posted by SLH
Were any of you impressed with the B&W2 footage, cuz it looks like it's gonna kick ass. Shame it's not out for ages though.

It looks awesome. That epic spell seen reminded me of Final Fantasy summons. I loved the first B&W, but never had the patience to play it through very far. Looks like the sequel has plenty more to offer, though, so it'll probably keep my attention far longer.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
It looks awesome. That epic spell seen reminded me of Final Fantasy summons. I loved the first B&W, but never had the patience to play it through very far. Looks like the sequel has plenty more to offer, though, so it'll probably keep my attention far longer.

I can't wait to get my hands on it, when it's released HL2 may not get all of my free time. *gasp*

I see what you mean about the FF summons. The hair on the ape was very good as well i thought.

Originally posted by SLH
The hair on the ape was very good as well i thought.

I was impressed with that too. The hair actually looks fuzzy. I can't remember which card it was for (Geforce Ti, I think), but I remember when they presented it to the press, they had a werewolf tech demo showing off the fur effects. This was supposed to be from an actual game in development, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Anyone know anything about that game? Wish I could remember the name.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I was impressed with that too. The hair actually looks fuzzy. I can't remember which card it was for (Geforce Ti, I think), but I remember when they presented it to the press, they had a werewolf tech demo showing off the fur effects. This was supposed to be from an actual game in development, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Anyone know anything about that game? Wish I could remember the name.

Yeah, it was for the Geforce Ti (i remember thinking 'wow!'), don't know what game it was from though.

Originally posted by SLH
Yeah, it was for the Geforce Ti (i remember thinking 'wow!'), don't know what game it was from though.

The reason I thought of it is because if you think about it, there haven't been any games to take advantage of this feature. If there are, please name some for me, cause I'm at a loss.

Did a quick google, but couldn't find anything. Suprising since the ti's been around for a while now.

Originally posted by SLH
Did a quick google, but couldn't find anything. Suprising since the ti's been around for a while now.

Went on NVIDIA's site and found that they still have the demo up. From what I can tell, I guess it isn't from a game after all; just made to show off the card's features. I'm downloading the demo right now. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.nvidia.com/object/demo_wolfman.html

Makes you wonder what kind of stuff we'll be looking at in say, 10 years time.

Originally posted by SLH
Makes you wonder what kind of stuff we'll be looking at in say, 10 years time.

Yeah...really. I wonder if VR will ever become popular again. Eventually I'm sure it will, when the tech gets good enough for photo-realistic environments.

As far as that werewolf demo goes...I guess I was a little too optimistic in assuming my ATI card would run an NVIDIA demo.

I can't even download it....CURSE YOU DSL!! CURSE YOU!!! :p

/me dies..

Anyone know of a mirror as opposed to Fragland?

Originally posted by RabidMeatloaf
I can't even download it....CURSE YOU DSL!! CURSE YOU!!! :p

/me dies..

Anyone know of a mirror as opposed to Fragland?

Are you trying to download the demo or the movie? The demo, as far as I could tell, runs right off of NVIDIA's servers. Try that.

I DL'd the mpeg, cuz i've got a Geforce 3 *shock*. It doesn't really do it justice.

Originally posted by SLH
I DL'd the mpeg, cuz i've got a Geforce 3 *shock*. It doesn't really do it justice.

Well, I s'pose my ATI 9700 demo of a bear will have to do. Aw shucks.

I've decided to wait and buy a 64-bit computer when they come out (shouldn't be too long now), cuz my computer is resnably old generally anyway.

I will get a mirror up soon if possible...I am getting 5kb/sec!

Back