OFFICAL Steam pakages, CS:S next week READ !

ScRaTcH-A-HoLiC said:
So the only way we can get cs s is if we pre purchese one of those packages off of steam???

Yes, the only way to get CS:S next week is to buy one of those Steam packages. You'll still get CS:S with the retail version but if Vivendi so chooses, it might take you a while until you actually have it your hands.

Maybe valve is trying to push vu to release the game..
I know if I was vu I would get the game released as soon as possible after this news..

The full version of Counter Strike: Source!? NEXT WEEK?! Oh my god that's f'ing sweet. I'll have to force my dad to buy it for me

Sounds great. I'll get the silver package if it isn't too much and buy the retail version when it hits $20.

pixartist said:
i am really thinking about buyin hl2 over steam now...but i WANT a cd :( but i WANT to play css :(

ill wait till next week and if css will really be released i will think about it again!
Taken from the VALVe only forum.

Original Post: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=777860&postcount=741
Is it possible for people who have purchased Half-Life 2 through Steam, to create backup CDs/DVD so they won't have to go through downloading the whole thing again upon reinstallation?

On a related note, would it be legal, having purchased through Steam, to make a copy of a friends Half-Life 2 CDs/DVD, since you already own a license?

Yes. Yes.

The cache files (what you would be copying) are separate from authentication.
In other words we should all buy thru steam then someebody links ISO's for HL2 and we are totally legal...? sounds ok, but dunno if u physically get a cd key when u buy thru steam.

Xcellere said:
Go f u c k yourself you piece of shit.

What good is it going to do you to download CS:S and DOD:S when they are strictly multiplayer games through steam and you wont be able to play online. Also.... support the damn industry you cheap bastard.

edit: whoops, I was actually trying to quote the other guy.

antimatter said:
What is a Prima book sampler?

Take the full Prima Strat guide. Rip out 1 or 2 pages from each chapter. Condense those.

It will probably be like 25 pages. Describing some weapons, a level or 2 and "strategies".

Think of those companion "books" you get with magazines sometimes.

erm *EDIT* big walnut mentioned it..... Anyhow, Go valve! CSS here I come.

No offense to valve but the extras are garbage. I'll just be picking up my standard retail copy of hl2 whenever it is available. I dont need a crapped out hl:s, when someone will make a fully textured and updated version sooner or later. I dont need a hat, i definately dont need gay stickers, i definately dont need to wait on dod:s, when ill be busy with other mods anyway. Standard package here i come.

guinny said:
No offense to valve but the extras are garbage. I'll just be picking up my standard retail copy of hl2 whenever it is available. I dont need a crapped out hl:s, when someone will make a fully textured and updated version sooner or later. I dont need a hat, i definately dont need gay stickers, i definately dont need to wait on dod:s, when ill be busy with other mods anyway. Standard package here i come.

Standard Retail has my vote too.

DrPowers said:
What good is it going to do you to download CS:S and DOD:S when they are strictly multiplayer games through steam and you wont be able to play online. Also.... support the damn industry you cheap bastard.

edit: whoops, I was actually trying to quote the other guy.

LMMFAO!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(lauaghing my muva fking arse of)

so thats it? thats all we get in the CE? wt happend to the amazing extras?

Homer said:
I'm getting colder on the idea of steam by the day. Thinking about it, shouldnt a game that comes with no cd or manual cost less than in a retail store? would it not make sense to see halflife2 on steam for 30 bucks because of the low distrobution cost?

You my friend have discovered corporate thievery.

B-MAn said:
so thats it? thats all we get in the CE? wt happend to the amazing extras?

oh, u meant hose amazing extras that everyone but valve said there would be? yea, seriously, what happened to those?

Homer said:
Wait, if I buy halflife2 I dont get dod:source with it? goddamnit, valve is just as big a bunch of money grubbers as VUG.

What if I dont want cs:s but I do want dod:s?

Damn Valve for trying to run a company and make money, what selfish bastards. :rolleyes:

Well that just sealed the deal. I was leaning towards Steam in the first place...but now that I hear I can copy the cache files to cd's...and I get CS:S early...I'm sold.

Silver version here I come! :)

Well I'm so glad that I decided to snub VUG last week, looks like my decision to migrate to steam just turned sweet:D

I'll see you all online next week.....just don't look for me on de_dust:)

Well, I've been thinking to myself, I don't really need HL:S and I don't really play DoD, so I'll probably be using HL2 and CS:S anyway. So I'll just buy the standard retail edition, buy a few of those Making Of books and download HLS and DODS when their free.

WOOT WOOOT DE WOOT!!!!

ehh whats this gold pagage???

WIN A TRIP TO VALVE!!!
been there done that ahahahah :D but id go again! muahaha *shows off*

Dammit shmozy..........everytime I see 1 of your posts I read the damn avatar!!!!

STOOPID STOOPID STOOPID:D

Yellonet said:
Seems to me that the gold package is more of a CE than the CE...

Good way to stick it to Vivendi I guess, might make people go for the Steam purchase because you get more.

Back