OI! HEED!

Eejit

The Freeman
Reaction score
Scientists found that large-headed individuals with Alzheimer's have better memory and thinking skills than sufferers with smaller heads.

Study leader Robert Perneczky, from the Technical University of Munich in Germany, said: "These results add weight to the theory of brain reserve, or the individual capacity to withstand changes in the brain.

The researchers looked at 270 people with Alzheimer's who underwent tests of memory and thinking skills. They were also given magnetic resonance imaging scans to assess their levels of brain cell death.

Measurements were taken of the circumference of patients' heads to determine head size.

The results, published in the journal Neurology, showed that having a big head was associated with better test performance despite brain cells dying off because of Alzheimer's.

Specifically, for every 1pc of brain cell death, an additional centimetre of head size was linked to a 6pc improvement in a person's memory.
http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/health-beauty/big-head-can-protect-against-alzheimers-2256501.html

Bad news though Veggie, it applies to size of the cranium part of your head, not the chin.

That's still pretty redundant. It's like saying scientists found that large-dicked individuals with AIDs have more sex than sufferers with... smaller heads...

You still have AIDs!

*This analogy was sponsored by the Chase Willie foundation*

a lot of stuff correlates, I love it when people do these kind of studies of completely unrelated things and compare graphs over time

kiwi consumption vs. amount of ATMs stolen

RECENT ATM THEFT SPREE RELATED TO CONSUMPTION OF TROPICAL FRUIT. Also, I have a huge head and this is nice.

my head dwarfs my body

but I'm 2' 20lbs

Bet you can't even convert that from ye olde king's systeme

So is Karl Pilkington the exception to this rule or what?

Sweet! My head is gigantic (or so I keep being told).

If only Pratchett had a bigger noggin :(

I used to be called five-head or, better yet, ten-head in high school, I take the cake with this wonderful, gorgeous, well groomed behemoth of a dome I have on my wiry nerd body. I'm never getting Banana Tree. What's going on in this?

...buttons. Hat cola dragon-pants. I pooped.

I'll do you all one better: My family has no history of Alzheimer's.

Also my head is an average size :smoking:

Was it ever conclusively decided that certain varieties of still-available deodorants can increase Alzheimer's chances? I really like my Deeoh for the Beeoh.

I remember reading several sources a couple years back that mentioned aluminium and/or aluminium oxide buildup in the brain as a major component of Alzheimer's. And I also remember noticing an aluminium-based compound being in a lot of antiperspirants (though curiously not in deodorants). I can't remember how conclusive those sources were, though.

And by sources, I of course mean vague recollections of important-looking slightly medical websites, and possibly Wikipedia.

Ah good my Old Spice variety uses some substitute. I'll consider myself safe until I start developing ass tumors.

i knew my giant head would one day serve a purpose...

In life.....bigger is always better....except when it comes to women...the smaller the better

In life.....bigger is always better....except when it comes to women...the smaller the better
After all, they only need enough space to remember a cookbook or two.

Back