Prop 19 fails, millions of politically active potheads somberly roll next spliff.

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
Prop 19 failed...warranting some civil disobedience tonight. Yay corporate-governmental misinformation lasting for centuries!

Why this sucks major ass for my country. said:
I can imagine it now, white collars and religious / conservative folks from rural/central Cali: **** being educated, I say, let's forgo the much needed: Tax dollars, hundreds of thousands of jobs, ease on prison expenses and taxes, deflated law enforcement spending / time / tax dollar demand, crime reduction, reduced dependence on foreign crops, reduction of worldwide foresting, use of a far healthier food thickeners, affordable end of life health care, versatile rope and clothes material, removal of the ridiculous money/time wasting "diagnostic assessments" - creation of a farcical and money-wasting medical sub-industry, reduction of gang and border violence, treatment for glaucoma - anxiety - problematic reduced appetite or thirst - boom in independent farming - reduction in car travel and intoxicated travel - creation of local labor jobs - expectorant for cold/flu symptoms - end of life pain relief / chronic pain relief (treatment for countless chronic and common ailments: MS, Parkinsons, Glaucoma, Cancer(s), Alzheimer's, A.D.D./H.D., some depressions, many mood disorders, aspergers syndrome, OCD, putting up with fox pundits and/or the "Tea Party", - relatively safe recreational use - boosting of product transportation, packaging, lighter business, FOOD, papers, glass blowing, laborers of all kinds, marketing jobs, botanist positions, aesthetics (architechture) | think wineries - journalism - culture proliferation and tourism. Yep, **** all that - my husband can find a job in something more Christian, my state can sell bibles to make the cash

Thanks, ****twat non-thinking, right wing traditionalists. Keep chugging bourbon, ruining your livers, and beating your kids. Hope you sleep well at night knowing you ruin kids lives over petty grass smoking and starve your state and nation of a viable and almost entirely harmless resource that has many more uses than merely "getting high." Primarily what this shows is a gross lack of education and a willingness to vote based on a >>>1930s<<< slant campaign started by the same whackjob in charge of keeping alcohol away from Americans. The same Americans who smugly sip Bud Lite and drive drunk in their all wheel drive H3 to make a big fat check mark next to NO on the Prop 19 section of the state election ballot.

P.S. We'll miss you, Senator Russ Fiengold, totally unrelated but I'm a Wisconsonite who is also disappointed in his state which also seems to flock to retrogressive politics every once in a while like a mid-age Lou Red to an eight ball of pure columbian.

I'm worried to see the results for the other polls trickle in. What else are you guys thinking about? Thanks for the help in your statuses - Jessi / Naomi and others, helped with my own choices on candidates I was less familiar with

and now I leave you lovely people with some images of the Anslinger era - left out the NSFW ones with him eating kittens and smoking PCP while hitting on middle school children

76663_1483436818318_1605780298_31354978_7439458_n.jpg

Harry J. Anslinger, if I could dig up your body again, piss on it, and toss it back in upside down with a joint smoldering out of your uptight sniveling behind - I would.

Fat Cünt said:
"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

76370_1483443298480_1605780298_31355024_1226476_n.jpg

What a gentlemen you were, Harry.

Yeah, I also imagined him getting beaten by riot police.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

especially drugs like insulin and penicillin

on topic; not really surprising. american liberal values have steadily eroded for more than a decade now. americans are turning towards conservative values and it's starting to affect real change in american society. waiting for roe vs wade to be overturned any day now. it's inevitable if america continues on it's course

Yeah, despite the support that this proposition had, I wouldve been surprised if it had actually passed.

bet ya all those people that voted no secretly smoke it

especially drugs like insulin and penicillin

on topic; not really surprising. american liberal values have steadily eroded for more than a decade now. americans are turning towards conservative values and it's starting to affect real change in american society. waiting for roe vs wade to be overturned any day now. it's inevitable if america continues on it's course

I actually think on social issues the country has been slowly moving to the left. Support for legalization has been increasing each and every year. We failed this time, but I think in a few more years a measure like this will pass.

The amount of misinformation about this issue out there really screwed us. And it wasn't just right wing lunatics, many democrats voted against it.

People that want to smoke marijuana in California can already do so easily. Passing this would have probably made things worse for them through more regulation, laws, and taxes.

almost entirely harmless resource
I think it should be legalized and all that, but I don't know what you've been smoking if you think it's "almost entirely harmless". I've seen people have some really bad trips on it, and I myself have had a few quite scary experiences on the substance (related mostly to extreme paranoia). To call it harmless is just as ignorant as to call it as dangerous as heroin.

I actually think on social issues the country has been slowly moving to the left. Support for legalization has been increasing each and every year.

maybe on the issue of pot but you're still in the dark ages on the subject of homosexuals, same sex marriage, gays in the military, religion in public schools, separation of church and state, abortion, capital punishment ...there's just too much to list

The Monkey said:
I've seen people have some really bad trips on it, and I myself have had a few quite scary experiences on the substance (related mostly to extreme paranoia).

I dont think it's harmless (you're smoking it) however unless it was laced with something I dont think "Bad trips" are typical or even commonplace. maybe a bad case of the munchies or the odd conspiracy theory/paranoid rant but bad trip? maybe if it's acid or shrooms but mellow seems to be the overwelming norm not bugging out over the preception that your skin is covered in ants

The ****ed up thing with things like DADT is that most americans support it. It's the Obama administration that has its head up its ass. Supposedly they will repeal it by the end of this year, if they don't the democrats will be screwed come 2012 as their base will stay home.

I think it's fair to say that homophobia is more mainstream in the US than we are led to believe

but at the same time same sex marriage is only supported by less than half the population; only 30-40% of americans believe gays should have the same rights as non gays

Yeah, that's fair enough. On that issue we are still in the stone ages and probably will be for a while. Hopefully atleast we can get civil unions soon.

thankfully some states are more enlightened than others. however the others probably will never change unless they're forced to. ..which in itself would probably be bad for a vocal minority, ie the tea party ...so you should get right on that to maximise their outrage and give us non americans something to lol at

but at the same time same sex marriage is only supported by less than half the population; only 30-40% of americans believe gays should have the same rights as non gays

Just some food for thought: not all of them are necessarily homophobic at all. My dad is one of the most easy-going, agreeable, tolerant people I've ever met, and he doesn't believe in same sex marriage because he attached religious significance to the union as being specifically between a man and woman with the purpose of reproduction. He's fine with civil unions etc he just believes marriage is between opposite sexes because that's what God intended (or whatever. He's not remotely religious, never goes to church etc, but believes in God anyway, although it never comes up in discussion unless I specifically chase after the topic). One of his lifelong best friends is gay, we go out to dinner with him all the time and he was in my dad's fraternity and he's a great guy, so my dad has absolutely nothing against homosexuality, he just has a strange opinion of marriage. He'd be fine with gay marriage having equal rights associated with it as normal marriage, he just doesn't want to call it marriage.

Just some food for thought: not all of them are necessarily homophobic at all. My dad is one of the most easy-going, agreeable, tolerant people I've ever met, and he doesn't believe in same sex marriage because he attached religious significance to the union as being specifically between a man and woman with the purpose of reproduction.

except his religion doesnt have ownership over the tradition of marriage; no one religion does. so to say it has religious significance is dishonest because there are relgions that allow same sex marriage. I dont buy that marriage is for the purpose of reproduction as I have plenty of married friends without kids, either by choice or not

He's fine with civil unions etc he just believes marriage is between opposite sexes because that's what God intended (or whatever. He's not remotely religious, never goes to church etc, but believes in God anyway, although it never comes up in discussion unless I specifically chase after the topic). One of his lifelong best friends is gay, we go out to dinner with him all the time and he was in my dad's fraternity and he's a great guy, so my dad has absolutely nothing against homosexuality, he just has a strange opinion of marriage. He'd be fine with gay marriage having equal rights associated with it as normal marriage, he just doesn't want to call it marriage.

he has nothing against homosexuality unless they want to get married. then he has a problem. really I dont see how a gay couple beign married would affect your father in any way shape or form. it's really none of his business. that said my dad, I suspect, is also against same sex marriage. I wouldnt confront him on that issue because I know I'm not going to get anywhere but I sure as hell would be able to fill his points full of holes because there is NO logical reason to deny them marriage

Regardless of what your views are on marijuana, that's a lot of extra tax money down the tubes that could be used for non-marijuana-related/supported things like education, jobs, research to eliminate cancer, etc. :/

^ Says the guy named cancer. We're on to you buddy.

For all those who say that marijuana has "little to no detrimental effects":

tell that to people like my good family friend, a habitual marijuana (not tobacco) smoker, who died of brain cancer caused by his addiction to marijuana (another myth surrounding marijuana; I have a suspicion that the result of "research" surrounding that issue denying that claim is the result of positivism). Oh wait, you can't. He's dead. And it's because of his addiction to marijuana.

One of his lifelong best friends is gay, we go out to dinner with him all the time and he was in my dad's fraternity and he's a great guy, so my dad has absolutely nothing against homosexuality

I mean some of his best friends are homos, right

tell that to people like my good family friend, a habitual marijuana (not tobacco) smoker, who died of brain cancer caused by his addiction to marijuana (another myth surrounding marijuana; I have a suspicion that the result of "research" surrounding that issue denying that claim is the result of positivism). Oh wait, you can't. He's dead. And it's because of his addiction to marijuana.
God help me, I laughed

I thought MJ was as harmful as tobacco? Or Alcohol, for that matter. I vote to ban all 3.

leib10 said:
who died of brain cancer caused by his addiction to marijuana

brain cancer hmmmmmmm? that's a first. usually when someone is pulling facts out of his ass on the issue it's lung cancer ...even then there's no conclusive evidence that marijuana use leads to lung cancer much less "brain cancer". I dont know what's more pathetic; the fact that you made up some idiotic nonsense to support your pov or the fact that you think we're that stupid that we'd take your word for it

Wait weed causes brain cancer? Is it the only thing? Oh god... the only thing in the world that causes brain cancer is weed. It should be... illegal!!!

OH wait it's a boundless claim. Another completely factless statement based on causation equalling correlation - the biggest selling point of any political agenda.

Anyways it's sad this didn't happen. In my opinion it was too big of a step for the old brainwashed citizens of yesteryear. The majority of voters are the ones who watch things like Reefer Madness and were scared shitless or the people that watched dumbass hippies and potheads ruin it for everyone by first being idiots, then using a substance that enhanced their traits - ie idiocy. Everyone in the country with a grain of common sense knows alcohol is worse in virtually every respect than marijuana - but it will never leave your average grocery store shelf because so many people use it everyday. Hell I'd take every drunk driver on the road and replace him with a driver high on marijuana any day. Weed doesn't so much make you incapable of doing things as much as you just don't want to. I just don't understand how people can accept the legality of so many mood altering drugs sold by your average drug company but not a 100% natrual non-poisonous substance.

I guess we're on the path. With it slowly being accepted as a medicinal product it will probably one day be accepted recreationally. Like I said before, it was probably too big of a step too soon. As it stands - in California it's not that difficult to get a prescription for medicinal marijuana. From what people have told me, law enforcement against it is fairly lax as well. I don't think it will ever be a country wide thing when you look at the vast differences in laws from state to state - but someday California and a handful of other states will make it legal and profit.

edit: Speaking of pulling facts out of the air... did anyone see that thing about Barack Obama apparently spending $200 million a day to travel around India for 10 days? It's completely without reference to anyone at all but the genius conservatives of the US have managed to make it this great spearhead against Obama. It's actually laughable that someone could assume that much money could be spend on anything at all outside of... I dunno... sailing a ship made of gold through a sea of flaming cash while having everyone on board eating caviar with spoons carved from the bones of a Condor. The sad part is - people believe things like this... and things like weed gives you brain cancer and kills Christian babies.

In ten years you kids will get over it.

So when I'm 34 I'll stop caring about wasting time enforcing pointless laws instead of gaining valuable taxes for a pretty much harmless mood altering substance? Ok get back to me on that.

So when I'm 34 I'll stop caring about wasting time enforcing pointless laws instead of gaining valuable taxes for a pretty much harmless mood altering substance? Ok get back to me on that.

no he's being condescending about your age and saying you'll outgrow it when you grow up

They could tell specifically what caused his cancer? Which specific substance? Those are some pretty good doctors, your friend should give them his appreciation. Oh wait, he can't. He's DEAD

no he's being condescending about your age and saying you'll outgrow it when you grow up

I'm aware. But what I'm saying is that it doesn't make any sense. I'm 24. I don't think somehow age will magically unlearn what I know about marijuana or just increase my stupidity. Nothing will change in 10 years or 20 years or even 30 years. I'll know what I know. I'll still be a democrat because I believe in the social agenda and responsibility for my fellow Americans. The pros vastly outweigh the cons for this situation and there's basically no reason to waiver on it. The fact of the matter is that the majority of the voting population is stuck on the stigmas of the past and too concerned with day to day shit to think about the complex benefits of legalized marijuana.

I mean there's not a single crop that's so (relatively) easy to grow that would be worth as much per capita as marijuana. The uses of hemp in other industries would also contribute greatly to an economy that relies more and more on services rather than tangibles. Now I realize that none of this is overnight type shit. Rarely does anything outside of a gold rush contribute greatly to an economic situation in a short amount of time. But I understand that America is a society that loves mood altering substances. We consume thousands of different types of prescription medicines and amongst the highest amount of alcohol of any country out there and adding one of the safest alternatives possible to the list doesn't seem like a problem. Where's the bad part? Mexican drug cartels losing tons of money? I don't think anyone in Mexico would mind that much. Not to mention they'd just switch to other drugs...

Wow I thought Leib10's post was humorous, myself.

For all those who say that jerking off has "little to no detrimental effects":

tell that to people like my good family friend, a habitual masturbator, who died of penis cancer caused by his addiction to masturbation (another myth surrounding masturbation; I have a suspicion that the result of "research" surrounding that issue denying that claim is the result of positivism). Oh wait, you can't. He's dead. And it's because of his addiction to masturbation.

Back