OJ kicked out of restaurant, Lawyer claims racism

tehsolace

Reaction score
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/owner-boots-oj-simpson-from-restaurant/20070509092009990001

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

So a restaurant owner refuses to serve OJ Simpson because of his beliefs from the murder trials, and OJ's lawyer claims racism?? To top it off, the laywer is going after their liquor license, as if serving liquor has anything to do with the incident.

double yew tee eff mate.

nigga_please.jpg

don't restaurants reserve the right to refuse service ? if so then they really don't have a case I'm sure they've served plenty of African Americans in the past.

OJ really isn't black, he's almost one of ours

I'd refuse to serve that murderer too

Am I the only person that doesn't give a shit if he's innocent or not. HE'S BLACK! I don't wanna get stabbed, as well!

I'd serve him......after I poop in his soup.

One thing that I'm shocked about:

OJ hasn't been executed/rotting in a forced labor facility/prison/hell/underground torture buildings.

Its not about being black, its fuggin murderin people thats the problem

If everyone is so sure he did it, then why don't you charge him again?

I think the only one in the situation who isn't a f***tard is O.J.; no reason to kick him out, but no reason to sue A) about race, thats fathomable, but retarded none the less, B) for the liquor license. What on earth does that have to do with anything past power trips?

I think its because one of the cops on the crime scene handled some evidence that he shouldn't have (or something like that) and as a result some of the most important evidence was unadmissable. He got off on a technicality, he knows he did it, we know he did it, and the justice system knows he did it, but he can't legally be proven to have done it.

I think.

Assaj_Ventress said:
no reason to kick him out

The owner of a shop/restaurant has the legal right to kick out anyone he/she wants.

Because you can't charge someone twice for the same crime.

My law teacher told us a story about 2 brothers that had sex with a prostiture. They accidentally killed her and buried her in the back yard. They were cought and brought to trial for the crime. The first brother went on trial first and was found innocent as they couldn't prove which one did it. When the second brother went on trial the first one took the stand and admitted to doing the whole thing and thus both of them were found innocent.

It is another drawback of our legal system but its there to prevent harassment and to prevent the legal system from being any more clogged up than it already is.

I like how OJ is screaming racism, and he has never dated a black woman...just white ones...

My law teacher told us a story about 2 brothers that had sex with a prostiture. They accidentally killed her and buried her in the back yard. They were cought and brought to trial for the crime. The first brother went on trial first and was found innocent as they couldn't prove which one did it. When the second brother went on trial the first one took the stand and admitted to doing the whole thing and thus both of them were found innocent.

It is another drawback of our legal system but its there to prevent harassment and to prevent the legal system from being any more clogged up than it already is.

What the ****.

That's shit.

Here, one can appeal to a higher court if someone finds the first verdict wrong.

Nonono, you can't punish someone for the same crime, again, under US law.

Example: You were convicted of killing a man EDIT but you didn';t.. You served 25 years, got out found the guy and killed him. The prosecutors cannot prosecute you.

Example: You were convicted of killing a man. You served 25 years, got out found the guy and killed him. The prosecutors cannot prosecute you.

You can't kill the same person twice.... :\

I mean, if you were wrongfully convicted.

I mean, if you were wrongfully convicted.

But... the person who's been killed is already dead... you can't kill them again.
Unless you mean kill someone else, then you can still be prosecuted because it's a different crime. Even though it's still murder.

If someone fakes their death and frames you for the murder, and you get convicted for it, you can then be free to actually kill them for real without being punished for it again.

But... the person who's been killed is already dead... you can't kill them again.
Unless you mean kill someone else, then you can still be prosecuted because it's a different crime. Even though it's still murder.

ARGHGHGHGHGH

Example: You were convicted of killing a man EDIT but you didn';t.. You served 25 years, got out found the guy and killed him. The prosecutors cannot prosecute you.

You wouldn't be convicted in the first place. They would need evidence such as blood, the murder weapon, a body, witnesses...something to prove you killed that person...and something to prove that that person is indeed dead.

You can be charged only once of a unique crime.

You can be acquitted of that crime if further evidence if provided proving your innocence.

You cannot be convicted a second time, whether you were first found guilty or not guilty.

You're quoting the plot of the movie double jeapordy, and that doesn't work, because the second murder is a seperate crime.

Back