ok my bag got stolen 2day...potential ID theft? D=

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

K my bag was stolen today to summarise the story before it begins. Of importance tho all that was in it were:
uni notes
house keys
pen drive

The problem is my pen drive had my cv on it. Police officer i filed a report with said muggers tend to just grab stuff for valuables but would the pen drive catch their eye?

What should i do about any potential ID theft? D=

Whats on your cv that could lead to identity theft? People can't steal your identity just from knowing your name, phone number, and address.

Though I'd get you locks changed, since if you do have your address on there, they probably know what the keys are to.

ok it has:

my name
address (already planning on getting my locks changed)
telephone number
email address
partial date of birth (it states month and year but not the date)
general profile of studies and achievements from school and uni so far

Colectively its freaking me out a bit and of them all its the date of birth part that worries me most when they may know my name

I don't think that's quite enough information to cause any substantial harm... But I suppose you should still be careful.

ok it has:

my name
address (already planning on getting my locks changed)
telephone number
email address
partial date of birth (it states month and year but not the date)
general profile of studies and achievements from school and uni so far

Colectively its freaking me out a bit and of them all its the date of birth part that worries me most when they may know my name

So pretty much info about you that you could get off the Internet anyway.

I always install a self detonation device in my usb drives. That way, whenever somebody tries to steal my stuff, I wait for them to return home THEN I BLOW THEIR WHOLE ****ING HOUSE UP KILLING EVERYONE INSIDE.

After that I buy a new one.

I always install a self detonation device in my usb drives. That way, whenever somebody tries to steal my stuff, I wait for them to return home THEN I BLOW THEIR WHOLE ****ING HOUSE UP KILLING EVERYONE INSIDE.

After that I buy a new one.

I'd lose mine on slow news days just for the fun of it. Not a cheap hobby so I'll avoid.

Best of luck though AHA-Lambda!

Unless you had your SSN anywhere in there I'm sure you're fine. Kinda funny because whenever I see your avatar I think:

"Jason Jason?JASON?!"

Back