Oldskool Kids Shows / Cartoons Nostalgia

Trap Door
Bananaman
Danger Mouse
BraveStarr

Well that's f***ing original Davo, have a cookie. :LOL:

I remember Raggydolls, Trap Door, Superted, Bananaman and Danger Mouse, though the last three due more to merchandise than the actual shows themselves, and Trap Door because C4 played it on very early morning TV for an absolute age. I'm only vaguely familiar with the names of the rest you mention, I guess they went off the air in the 4 years you have on me :)

Thank you for reminding me about Superted. I used to love that show. It completely slipped to the back of my memory for some reason.

Most of the other ones I don't think aired here...'cept Bravestarr. Anyone else ever see the Bravestarr movie? I remember being about three or four and walking out on it 'cause Tex Hex's boss was freakin' scary. :LOL:

What the hell?

They made Starship Troopers into a kids show? :|

Celebrity Deathmatch
Flinstones
Jetsons
Rugrats
Ahhh! Real Monsters
Beast Wars
Hey Arnold
Ren & Stimpy
Puzzle Place
Barney
Sesame Street
Snorks
Scooby Doo

Jesus, Bananaman was a legend.

I can't view youtube right now, but search ffor "Knightmare". Best show ever. And most 1337 grafix evar.

Jamie and his Magic Torch.

Jesus, Bananaman was a legend.

I can't view youtube right now, but search ffor "Knightmare". Best show ever. And most 1337 grafix evar.
Oh my god, knightmare is such a classic!!!

People round my age (20) may remember a rather good children's gameshow called "Incredible Games". Basically, kids were in a lift which talked to them and they had to do various challenges on each floor. The one everyone remembers was a turned based game a little like chess, where the kids had to avoid some nasty masked man in a cloak (The masked man would say "move!" in a creepy voice). In another game the contestants "got shrunk" and had to go swimming in a bowl of alphabet soup for letters in order to spell words.

Gameshows aren't quite what they used to be... or at least, all the good ones got crap in the end and no good ideas replaced them. Krypton Factor and Crystal Maze were legendary! Also: Gamesmaster. Patrick Moore telling kids how to cheat at Sonic 2 was just awesome :p

What the hell?

They made Starship Troopers into a kids show? :|
A completely kickass kids' show. It was my favorite show for about a year, I woke up at 5:30, three hours earlier than what was necessary for school, just so I could watch it.

God, I should really get the DVDs.

You all fail for not mentioning this.

Trapdoor and Knightmare are also large amounts of win though.

I've never heard of any of those shows :O ...trapdoor? ...sounds homersexual

Hilarious House of Frankenstein
great space coaster
the original Jonny Quest
Thundarr the barbarian
bugs bunny/looney tunes (the mel blanc/chuck jones era)
tom and jerry (the 50's to 60's)

I've put them all into a big list in the first post :thumbs:

Trap Door
Superted
Danger Mouse
Fraggle Rock
Rocko's Modern Life
Doug
The Muppet Show
Sesame Street
Celebrity Deathmatch
Flinstones
Jetsons
Rugrats
Ahhh! Real Monsters
Hey Arnold
Scooby Doo

Crystal Maze was indeed legendary Kupo. I also loved Catchphrase.

I also loved Catchphrase.
Back in the Roy Walker days, certainly. That man was so full of hate... you could see it overflowing inside him as he had to nicely fob off the most idiotic wrong answers. "What show are you currently appearing on?" "Family Fortunes?" "That's good, but it's not the one!"

Back in the Roy Walker days, certainly. That man was so full of hate... you could see it overflowing inside him as he had to nicely fob off the most idiotic wrong answers. "What show are you currently appearing on?" "Family Fortunes?" "That's good, but it's not the one!"
You'd have to wonder where some of the people on drugs.
"It's high tide you idiot! Where did you get 'ride the wave' from?!"

Pinky and the Brain

They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain

Looking back on some of my favorites from my childhood, it looks like I was drawn to the darker TV shows. Here are some intros that spring to mind:

Men In Black: The Series -- Oh man, this intro used to give me goosebumps seeing it early on Saturday mornings. :D

Batman: The Animated Series -- This show stands up to the test of time. I've started collecting the DVD volumes and it's even better than I remembered. Really worth checking out! :thumbs:

Gargoyles -- I don't remember much from this show, but for a time I used to watch this whenever it was on TV.

Cartoons have really has gone downhill since then...

I had watched some reboot, and I just remember it boring me to tears at the time.

Anyone remember...what was it? Super-Freak I think. The wierd one about the computer nerd who turns into a super hero.

Back