omfg Has anyone looked at Alyx's gun in the HLMV?

Reaction score
Its gotta be the coolest thing ever, and I think I remember spawning it once and its didnt show up with i could shoot with it....i

i will later, i gtg to class now. basically, its her normal pistol that transforms into an smg. the back pulls out and the front pulls out too. i never saw her do this in game, so....i wish i could use it as an alt fire thing or something...

It doesn't 'transform'. There's no animations.

hes just talking about her automatic pistol from single player, whats the big deal?

I saw it with "give weapon_alyxgun" then "thirdperson"... but I couldn't get a good look at it from that POV. Does anyone know what kind of gun it is?

Looks to me like a made up modified version of an HK MK23 pistol. The boxed front looks like an integrated LAM unit. Cheers!
-EnZo-

It's a pistol that changes into a rifle or an SMG. There are animations in the model viewer but I haven't seen it change in game. I did notice that sometimes she seemed to fire an SMG and sometimes a pistol.

It's a class gun, hopefully we'll get to use it if there's an Alyx expansion pack.

You can get that if you type summat like "give weapon_alyxgun" or something into the console. You can fire it, but you can't see it properly because there's no hand model for it (why would there be?) and because of the way it's spawned. I think it's facing towards you, as well. Really not that great.

Yeah, that gun looks pretty sick in the model viewer. I hope you get to use it in the inevitable Alyx expansion.

here ya go

Attachments

• alyxgun.jpg
    alyxgun.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 924
Oh for crying out loud... It transforms "via an animation" to an smg2 "apperantly" and further to a rifle.... Also animations for transforming back and directely from pistol to rifle

Actually thats three..... And plenty of guns work... Two ways... Like... A sniper being a sub machinegun... Or an assault rifle being an sniper... But who cares xD

it looks kinda like a Colt .45 1911. Just from what I saw, which was low res.

I'd be more impressed with a gun that had a manipulator attached to it :)

Wow thats pretty kickass. How do you get them high res in Model Viewer?

i wasnt lying, i just didnt get a chance to get back to my comp to post pics. i really wanna use this in an alyx expansion. maybe someone can mod it and we can use it in hl2...

AGENT 15 said:
it looks kinda like a Colt .45 1911. Just from what I saw, which was low res.

that gun looks absolutely nothing like a colt .45 1911

compare:

Back